Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Hey guys...I've been in meetings for the last few days. I miss chilling on the thread. I'll see if I can get around to doing a summary of The Ark sometime soon. I need to watch it (and Sunday) again, cuz working off my memory won't do this time around.

I really like Kari Wuehrer, so I liked Nancy. But I get itchy over the idea of 'reuniting with the ex because you've changed' storylines. I understand that it's entirely possible, but what I guess gets me is that if John has changed, it's because of Elizabeth and his experiences in Pegasus, so for him to end up romantically happy with the ex makes me a little uncomfortable. I guess because its a reminder (for me) that Elizabeth changed him, and someone who had her chance and lost him (or dropped him) gets the benefit of a better John Sheppard because of that.
    You and SR and me three. Nancy had her chance, but she let him go. And, from what it looks like in Outcast, she's happy with her choices. So for her to suddenly do a 180 and swing back to John doesn't make a lot of sense.

That's total and complete bias on my part, I know. No personal gripes against Nancy (or anyone else shipped with John) but I kinda like the romantic pining bit. Cuz it leaves the door open for all of us to write his ending as we want, both in canon and fanon.
    You betcha. The romantic pining for Lizzie! is the best part.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I agree with that. I think Nancy came away with a better understanding of John and I also sensed that her relationship with Grant/Greg was not as secure as one might think from her saying that sometimes he doesn't understand her secrecy.
      Hmm, well, I didn't really get the impression that anything was wrong with her relationship with her new beau, just that this particular scene showed us that now she knows a little of what it was like for John. Sort of a 'walk a mile in my shoes' kind of thing.

You realize that you just described the thinking of these writers. They would see nothing wrong with reuniting John and Nancy because they couldn't come up with a better choice for him. No matter how much it would mess with his growth as a character.
      And just think,
      Spoiler:
      apparently Mallozzi had thought of bringing Nancy back in Remnants to be the one to do the evaluation of Woolsey. Thank goodness that didn't happen. *headdesk*

I can go with that idea because just the thought of instant coffee makes me twinge.
      Hee!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I agree with that. I think Nancy came away with a better understanding of John and I also sensed that her relationship with Grant/Greg was not as secure as one might think from her saying that sometimes he doesn't understand her secrecy.

You realize that you just described the thinking of these writers. They would see nothing wrong with reuniting John and Nancy because they couldn't come up with a better choice for him. No matter how much it would mess with his growth as a character.

I can go with that idea because just the thought of instant coffee makes me twinge.
        That's sad too. The writers, not the coffee.

Though instant coffee IS yuck.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Sigh, been coughing and sneezing for four weeks now. Been to the Doctor’s today after it got worse, only to find out I got a virus. *I hope I can make it to the Torchwood convention this weekend* Been told to stay in and rest.

He had to say it's gonna get worse, before it gets better. How much worse can it get? especially since he couldn’t give me anything for it.

I need a good adventure story!
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Ahhhhh, Outcast.

The woobie face of doom. That is the face that has put the wind in our sails.

Word!
            ROFL - I snorted coffee when I read that! (and no it wasn't spiked.. pre 9AM is a little early for the spiked coffee)

My muse has been ticking again.. does anyone know if a fic has been written about the time in between Progeny and Real World?

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
              ROFL - I snorted coffee when I read that! (and no it wasn't spiked.. pre 9AM is a little early for the spiked coffee)

My muse has been ticking again.. does anyone know if a fic has been written about the time in between Progeny and Real World?
              Maybe, but that's no reason to stop you writing one! *slaps hand on table* Write on!!!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

OT hint: Grey's Anatomy is online at ABC. I watch it on my computer because of DVR scheduling conflicts. LOL
                Nope, not for me
                Only available for US residents

I really like Kari Wuehrer, so I liked Nancy. But I get itchy over the idea of 'reuniting with the ex because you've changed' storylines. I understand that it's entirely possible, but what I guess gets me is that if John has changed, it's because of Elizabeth and his experiences in Pegasus, so for him to end up romantically happy with the ex makes me a little uncomfortable. I guess because its a reminder (for me) that Elizabeth changed him, and someone who had her chance and lost him (or dropped him) gets the benefit of a better John Sheppard because of that.

That's total and complete bias on my part, I know. No personal gripes against Nancy (or anyone else shipped with John) but I kinda like the romantic pining bit. Cuz it leaves the door open for all of us to write his ending as we want, both in canon and fanon.
                I got nothing against Kari Wuhrer either, I mean, I loved her in Sliders. But you're right, Nancy doesn't deserve 'changed' John. She didn't fight for him the first time around, so why would she reap the benefits of it now?

Heh. Of course, I like the explanation that came up in miss_porcupine's fics for why her Sheppard is a tea drinker. After being stationed in Columbia for some Special Ops work years before Atlantis, he's become quite the coffee snob and can't stand the freeze-dried instant swill that is standard military issue. So, he drinks tea instead.
                *grins*
                That's an awesome explanation
                You wouldn't have a link to that fic, would you?

So true!

You and SR and me three. Nancy had her chance, but she let him go. And, from what it looks like in Outcast, she's happy with her choices. So for her to suddenly do a 180 and swing back to John doesn't make a lot of sense.
                me=4
                There are a few fics out there that talk about a one night stand as they try to rekindle their love, but by morning they realize it's over and done with between them and they part as friends. I don't really mind those fics... in a way they are believable... I don't think I would have minded if this would have happened in the show.

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                Sigh, been coughing and sneezing for four weeks now. Been to the Doctor’s today after it got worse, only to find out I got a virus. *I hope I can make it to the Torchwood convention this weekend* Been told to stay in and rest.

He had to say it's gonna get worse, before it gets better. How much worse can it get? especially since he couldn’t give me anything for it.

*huggles*
                Hope you're feeling better soon! Especially so you can go to the Torchwood con. If you're able to go, keep us updated

My memory has abandoned me right now, so I can't rec any good adventure stories... sorry

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  WORD to that.

Now, sorry to break the coffee / drinks convo, I just noticed something that needs to be shared.

I decided to give S4 a tentative look and I picked "Outcast" to start it (yes, there's no logic in beginning with 15th ep, but in my case, there is).
                  Spoiler:

When Carter tells John his dad died, and then later, when Rodney comes to talk to him a bit, John has his Lizzie face, which is equal as his Vegas!medic face, which, IMO proves just how intensive his feelings for her were/are.

Behold:

Outcast:

Vegas:

Adrift:

This mortal coil:

Ahh! They're all the same! Such wonderful consistency! And that is totally his Lizzie!Angst face in Outcast.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Of course,s he doesn't even come close to Elizabeth in how she affects him. Elizabeth found her way around that high and thick wall of his that was so palpable in the car scene, which is why sparky wins
                  YES!

That is a really excellent point! *thinks of how Elizabeth changed John for the better* Ohhh... *whimper* And just the idea of Elizabeth making John a better person and then not being there to enjoy it... Nancy let him go in the first place, she shouldn't get the benefit of Elizabeth's hard work.

Yeah! Hear hear! Reunion here we come!
                  Last edited by Erin87; 11 March 2009, 02:56 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Maybe, but that's no reason to stop you writing one! *slaps hand on table* Write on!!!
                    :: shakes head :: There goes another lunchbreak writing fic.... oh well.. if my sparkies request it.. then write it I shall do!

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                      :: shakes head :: There goes another lunchbreak writing fic.... oh well.. if my sparkies request it.. then write it I shall do!
                      Yay! Looking forward to it.
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

(((hugs from a distance))) Viruses just have to run their course. Stupid bugs.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Who, me?
                          Yes, you. (:

I liked Nancy just fine, but I never thought that she and John could ever get back together. not that you might expect from S4. They're cool with each other. I liked the way they were in Outcast. And I can't really see it any other way.

The episode itself was fine, but not great. Not that it's memorable or anything it's just there. *shrug*

Comment

Ouch! *sends tea with lemon and honey*

And a good adventure story...

Tangled Headwires, by Pooh. (story in three parts; links on the page above) While off-world, John and Elizabeth are trapped in an Ancient ruin which gives them a telepathic link and a means to escape... if they can admit a few things to each other.

Happy reading!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              *grins*
                              That's an awesome explanation
                              You wouldn't have a link to that fic, would you?
                              She's got most of her fic posted on her website (sorted by year it was written); there's a few more that are only on her LJ at this time, including a really zany SGA/NCIS crossover. Her fic is gen (no shipping of any kind), and is very military-centric, so there's a lot of emphasis on Sheppard-as-military-commander and Lorne and Lorne's team (author-created original characters that are some of the best I have ever seen in SGA fic). The coffee snob references come up a couple of times; I don't recall offhand which stories they're in. But they're all good and well worth a read if you're a big Sheppard or Lorne or military in Atlantis fan.

Comment

A snippet of a fic that is so not the best I've written...its from about halfway through...

Spoiler:

Several hours later John came looking for her, his guise of wanting to check on her covered by a half assed attempt at a report on what Rodney and Radek had found. He found her alone on the balcony she so favoured, her face cast towards the moonlight and the breeze ruffling her hair.

The cool rays of the moon cast shadows over her face, complimenting her reflective mood. John watched her silently for a few seconds from his vantage point before walking through the doors, effectively announcing his presence. He approaches her quietly, not wanting to break her reverie, his tone even as he made small talk about how little the scientists had discovered about the Asurans.

She commented on how the Asurans are probably rebuiling their own version of Altantis, and how that maybe, they had been scared off enough to leave the expedition alone. Her tone belays the fact she doesn't believe her own words, and that empty hope was all she was clinging to. She knew that would be coming back, to complete what they started in destorying the city.

John remained silent for a while, remaining by her side as they gazed out into the vastness of the ocean before heading back to the control room to finish up a few things.

He noted Elizabeth return to her office a short while later, pulling her jacket around herself as the chill of the night air caused her skin to rise into goosebumps. She shivered and nodded as she passed him, her hands once again absently rubbing the red marks still present on her neck. John's attention piqued a little at the movement, and wondered if there were something more going on. He watched as she settled herself at her desk and buried herself in reports, before turning his own attention back to the half written report on his laptop.

Two hours later he found himself in the doorway of Elizabeth's office, cup of coffee in his hand and a herbal tea that he'd found in the mess hall for her.

" Hey... got you some tea" He said by way of an introduction. He noticed her head snap up from resting on a propped up hand, the confusion in her eyes staying there just a little longer that he would have liked.

" Hey" She replied, her complexion pale and her movements sluggish.

John walked over and placed the mugs on the desk, plonking himself down in one of the chairs opposite her.

" You don't look so hot... if you don't mind me sayin" He said carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X