No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, looks like it was good. At least that's what people on episode thread are saying. Writers finally learned how to write? Oh wait, fanfic authors have already written the stories like this one way before.

I'm wondering why does it take five years to get a decent Wraith story, a decent Teyla story (if it really was good) and why couldn't we have a DECENT ELIZABETH STORY damnit?

So glad this show was canceled.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Hmmm, looks like it was good. At least that's what people on episode thread are saying. Writers finally learned how to write? Oh wait, fanfic authors have already written the stories like this one way before.

I'm wondering why does it take five years to get a decent Wraith story, a decent Teyla story (if it really was good) and why couldn't we have a DECENT ELIZABETH STORY damnit?

So glad this show was canceled.
      I totes think we got decent Elizabeth stories. Before I Sleep, Conversion(it was all about Elizabeth angst for Sheppard for me), The Real World. I just think that one episode a season was not enough. While Elizabeth definitely got more than Teyla it was just sad that they never bothered to expand on Elizabeth. It's not like I wanted all the episodes to focus on Elizabeth just an equal amount of development that Shep and Rodney got.

So basically tptb suck at splitting up screentime.

I just totally realized that Elizabeth got one episode every season even after she was gone. That made me lol. Why again did they get rid of her?
      Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 12 September 2008, 08:32 PM.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

You can never get too much Lizzie.

Kind of odd, but one of my favourite Elizabeth episodes is Conversion. It's so much more Lizzie than TLG, obviously.

I've been so tempted to say "Lizzeh PWNS you" lately but I'm annoyed with the word "pwns". Heh.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! *drops into seat* Sorry I haven't been here today, it's been a hectic and exhausting day at Casa Kitty.

So, "The Queen" was actually a decent episode? Well, after the craptastic "Whispers," I suppose there was nowhere to go but up...

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I just totally realized that Elizabeth got one episode every season even after she was gone. That made me lol. Why again did they get rid of her?
          And yet TPTB still claim that she was only a supporting character. *cackles* Oh, denial is such a river in Egypt!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          You can never get too much Lizzie.

Kind of odd, but one of my favourite Elizabeth episodes is Conversion. It's so much more Lizzie than TLG, obviously.

I've been so tempted to say "Lizzeh PWNS you" lately but I'm annoyed with the word "pwns". Heh.
          But it's so true! The Lizzeh pwns the frakin' universe!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I was totally watching sparky scenes from youtube.

And OMG John Sheppard are you defending my honor? is the most adorable thing ever. Aww Shep is so freaking adorable in his frustration and wanting to beat people up for Lizzie. And Lizzie is so cute teasing Sheppard. They are made of adorable and cute.

And then I watched teh kiss. I still love it so much because it just wasn't needed AT ALL but they still put it there. I compare it with teh smush mouth of Coversion where on some level it was needed to show that something was wrong with John, just like the wound mysteriously healing, John beating Ronon at running, John's mouth smush with Teyla and finally the ugly wound on his arm. It was just not romantic at all, the quick cuts, the extreme close ups, the defensive stand of Teyla, it all just screamed wrong, wrong wrong. Unlike teh "sparky" kiss which was so much more, it was meant to be seen as romantic, what with the music and the camera sweeping, plus John/Thalan's soft voice. It's like tptb wanted us to think oh hey this might be how John would react. Plus the actual reactions from Cadwell, Beckett, and Rodney, I mean just that they were in the room and didn't you know look appalled just slightly embarrassed and Rodney with his huh of oh that makes sense. He also was the only one that didn't look away. LOL.

Okay I'm done living in the past.
            sigpic

Comment

'Living in the past?' But that sounds so... negative.

How about 'honoring our history?'
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                'Living in the past?' But that sounds so... negative.

How about 'honoring our history?'
                Keeping history alive?

You know John was pretty close to flailing LOL.

The Queen, I heard there was Ronon/Teyla. Peeps, spoil me because I love me some spanky.
                Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 12 September 2008, 10:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Keeping history alive?
                  You betcha!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/waitingfordisaster/honor.jpg
                  You know John was pretty close to flailing LOL.
                  And he's just so darned cute when he's angry on Lizzeh's behalf.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/waitingfordisaster/42.jpg
                  Mmmmm, that's a tasty pic... Even when they're possessed, they've still got that special magic!

Comment

Wow, I haven't been here in ages.

I just got SGA s4 on dvd and have watched the first 4 eps. I practically cried when Keller told him that
                    Spoiler:
                    even if Elizabeth survived she wouldn't be the same Elizabeth.

And IMHO you could see the pain and grief when he wouldn't let Rodney reactivate the nanites even though she would die otherwise. It broke his heart, but he knew that was what Elizabeth would have wanted.

And his hesitation to leave Elizabeth on the Replicator homeworld even when she made it an order, and the look on his face when he gave the order to kill the nanites... the quietness of his tone told how hard that was for him.

I realise these things were probably discussed when the eps aired, but I don't have the time to go back and catch up over 18 months of posts.

Comment

How was todays episode? Bad? Y/Y.
                      I would have to shrug and say okay. Because it was Teyla, I was more judgmental than I would have otherwise been I guess. It was well written.
                      Spoiler:
                      Todd is always a delight. His line about the fruit being as delicious as the farmers who grew them made us lol. Um...Rodney wasn't annoying. John was John. Keller wasn't as cringey as usual. Ronon was more concerned on a personal level about Teyla than anyone else. No matter what you hear, the scenes between John and Teyla were not the least bit shippy. His attitude toward her was very low key. He did not get emotional in the least, not even to the extent of S4 when she was lost. I guess it's getting old. lol The last scene of them in the infirmary was very much like the last scene of S&R with Rodney in the infirmary, just Shep checking on a teammate. I can't say what I think here about the acting, but if I could I would say Chris H is wonderful. And otherwise there's not a piece of scenery left unchewed.
                      It was better than Whispers, but half way through I considered switching back to the news to check on the hurricane.
                      Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                      Wow, I haven't been here in ages.

I just got SGA s4 on dvd and have watched the first 4 eps. I practically cried when Keller told him that
                      Spoiler:
                      even if Elizabeth survived she wouldn't be the same Elizabeth.

And IMHO you could see the pain and grief when he wouldn't let Rodney reactivate the nanites even though she would die otherwise. It broke his heart, but he knew that was what Elizabeth would have wanted.

And his hesitation to leave Elizabeth on the Replicator homeworld even when she made it an order, and the look on his face when he gave the order to kill the nanites... the quietness of his tone told how hard that was for him.

I realise these things were probably discussed when the eps aired, but I don't have the time to go back and catch up over 18 months of posts.
                      Welcome back. And if you felt that way about those eps, wait until you see GitM. Sparky is canon in pretty much everybody's mind after that one.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Okay, guys, I'm baaack! I had a busy day! Ready for some fic? *goes to post*

Comment

YESYESYES fic! Is it that dark one?

Comment

Yep. LJ hates me at the moment.

Comment

FINALLY! *kicks LJ* Here we go - be sure tor ead the warnings before you proceed. This fic isn't for the weak in heart.

A great day for freedom

It's mostly John centered, the sparky is there, but it's not the focus, however, it's very important, and this time I didn't want Elizabeth to be the one who needed to be saved... yet this is all about protecting or possibly saving Elizabeth and how far John would go to keep her safe.

Keep in mind this is me writing, not PTB. They don't have guts to write something like this.

Comment

Anuna, that was absolutely riveting. Go read, people. It really encompasses the characters in their darkest hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X