• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Happy 1000 Anji!!!!!

Thanks hun!

^_^

Polaris was so great and Torri was such a sweetheart all weekend... pictures and a full transcript of her Q&A will be forthcoming later tonight hopefully but she did say that Sparky was not a delusion and that it wasn't something that JoeF and her had thought of... and that a lot of it was scripted.... ^_^
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info Anjirika, I was waiting for something from the con. Of course sparky isn't only in our heads.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
        Polaris was so great and Torri was such a sweetheart all weekend... pictures and a full transcript of her Q&A will be forthcoming later tonight hopefully but she did say that Sparky was not a delusion and that it wasn't something that JoeF and her had thought of... and that a lot of it was scripted.... ^_^
        Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing more.

Comment

Thanks Anjirika, I know I'm relieved that I'm not crazy. I just told my husband that Sparky was scripted and he said "well duh". This from the man who never noticed the Sam/Jack connection.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Thanks Anjirika, I know I'm relieved that I'm not crazy. I just told my husband that Sparky was scripted and he said "well duh". This from the man who never noticed the Sam/Jack connection.
            Of course Sparky was scripted!

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
              Thanks for giving us a small preview Anjirika! Can't wait to read about your fabulous weekend.

Ah, scripted Sparky. Gives me hope that in season 4 we will see
              Spoiler:
              John on a quest to find Elizabeth and even when she's not in a episode we will see the repercussions of her absence (like lots of John angst and determination to get her back). Okay, I'm a little excited now.
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                The hug, the kiss, the whole entire episode of TRW, the flirting, they were written for, no matter whatever other peeps say.
                sigpic

Comment

This calls for a photo essay.

Spoiler:
                  John: Did you hear that some people thought our love was "imaginary"?

Liz: Really? Then why are you adjusting your pants?
                  John: Um...they shrank in the wash.

Teyla: Imaginary? They did not really think such a thing? I will never understand your people.

Liz: Yes, I guess I am imagining things myself.
                  John: Stop that.
                  Liz:

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

Teyla: Imaginary? They did not really think such a thing? I will never understand your people.

Liz:

LOL
                    They're all good, but I really like the first one.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                      The hug, the kiss, the whole entire episode of TRW, the flirting, they were written for, no matter whatever other peeps say.
                      Oh yea! Sparky was written!!!

Comment

Yay for scripted Sparky!

Sparky wallpapers! Click for full-size

Comment

^_^

^_^

Spoiler:

Liz:

lol... I tried to green ya but I couldn't!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh yea! Sparky was written!!!

There should be a smiley with John/Elizabeth holding a sign saying "we're scripted" LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Torri’s Q&A From Polaris 21 (Saturday July 7th 2007)

When Torri came on stage she said that she was happy to be in Toronto and that she is more of a jean girl, cause she was in a dress and didn’t like sitting ‘like a lady’ as she put it. She then started rambling about ‘when she was two…’ and left it there and then apologized cause she was nervous and a bit shy (and that she thought all actors were because they like to have a script and a character when in front of a camera). She then said that she was also nervous because she was from the area and that her mum and nephew Garath were there- she then found her nephew in the audience and jumped off the stage and went to give him a hug [I couldn’t see that, I was on the other side of the aud]. Torri then got back on stage and began answering questions….

Q- How would Lizzie feel about being a parent?
                              A- When developing the character Elizabeth, Torri first found the similarities and then differences. Torri adores her dog (Sege) and figures that since Elizabeth is so devoted to her own dog that Elizabeth would be a nurturing person. Torri also pointed out that although Elizabeth chose her career over a family if motherhood were somehow thrust upon her (ie. Divine intervention) then Elizabeth would be open to it.

Q- How did Torri get into acting and would she like to do stage work?
                              A- Torri got into acting through her family, especially her mom who was an actor who did do stage work. Torri saw how her mother struggled in the business and as a single mom with two kids but Torri also saw the passion and responsibility that went along with being an actor. Torri didn’t want to be an actor when she was younger, she wanted to be a lawyer or an optometrist but when she was 16/17 years old she had a bit of a crisis and a friend of her moms (who was a teacher in England) suggested and encouraged Torri to come to her school and study as a voice coach. Torri went and loved the whole idea of spending three years studying poetry and plays and Shakespeare and she auditioned and got into the school and at the end of the three years when she graduated she realised that she better get into acting and then did… she also didn’t want to name drop but she did and said that she went to school with Daniel Craig and Ewan McGreggor and that they were both doing very well in their careers. [obviously] Torri also said that she hasn’t done near enough stage work for her liking and hoped that by the end of this year she would get her toes on the stage again.

Q- Do women in command belong?
                              A- Torri said that generalities were bad and that who a person is and how they would approach a command situation isn’t based on gender. She does feel like there are less women in military situations and that the more women in command the better. Torri pointed out that women are different when it came to seeing situations and that women bring out the diplomatic side through discussing the problem before they acted and that that factor was lacking in today’s politics and that the more women in command positions were better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Q- How does she see fandom and being a celebrity?
                                A- Because she is Canadian by birth and personality Torri doesn’t see herself as a star. She sees it in perspective and the science-fiction genre of TV was ideal because actors go to cons and are embraced by the warmth of the fans yet when they actors are on the streets they aren’t hounded with a million cameras. Torri also pointed out that if everyone had cameras following them 24/7 everyone would be worthy of the tabloids… where as the conventions leave her appreciative of the acknowledgment and support of the fans.

Q- With Elizabeth Weir, what aspects does she find most different from her but that she’d like to have.
                                A- Torri thinks that Elizabeth thinks before she speaks and wishes that she did that more because it often gets herself into trouble. Elizabeth has been criticized for not taking action but Torri feels that Elizabeth takes a back seat and listens to everyone and everything and thinks about possible solutions and then takes action.

Q- Was Torri a fan of Stargate prior to Atlantis?
                                A- She hadn’t seen the show before and like most actors didn’t have a TV but knew RDA’s work and when she began taping she got 5 seasons and box sets and watched them every night after filming and very quickly fell in love with the charm of the series and thought that because it was based in our time it was accessible and relatable to today’s audience.

Anjirika(Me)- First may I say on behalf of all your fans on gateworld that we love you and would love to see more of you on Atlantis. And now, I know that you’re well aware of us Sparkies and I have to ask, is the connection there scripted or is it telegraphed by you and JoeF though the looks and body language or is it all a delusion and in our minds?
                                A- She thanked us for our support and then said that she didn’t want to shatter the delusions because delusions were good. Torri said that she and JoeF did NOT make the conscious choices of John and Elizabeth’s reactions to each other but that when there is chemistry between two actors it translates well on screen and that makes things really interesting. She said that the writers know us and that they play with us a bit with the nature of the Sparky dynamic and the nature of their friendships. Torri also pointed out that John cares for all the members of his team and that it is only when he is concerned with a female that it is looked like romantically. She also pointed out that sexual tension is exciting but that the follow through might kill it… [In short she didn’t answer my question… well, she did. It’s not telegraphed and not a delusion, therefore Sparky must be the canon of choice for TPTB on Atlantis.]

Q- What is her fav. part of being in love to play?
                                A- Torri said that being in love on screen is like being in love in real life. You have to be in the moment, at peace and confident and drunk with the energy of being in the present and creating a challenge.

Q- Who did she enjoy working with on the show?
                                A- Torri said that it was a great group and that the bar had been set so high in SG1 that they were able to have so much fun and there was no room for bad behaviour or divas. She adores all of them and feels especially close to Rachel because they felt outnumbered and therefore are close. David makes her laugh [Hewlett I suppose] Jason is the eye candy and the guest stars bring such great energy that wakes the crew up, like Mitch. She said that she was like Switzerland because she made such a diplomatic answer.

Trialia- Mt. Sinai, of all the places to climb, why there?
                                A- Torri first thanked Tri for doing her research and said that she was there and it was the only mountain around. She was with a friend in Cairo for New Years Eve and that her pilgrimage up the mountain was more historical than religious as it had been in the past. Her friend had a champagne bottle and two classes that she wanted to dump when they were half-way up the mountain. They made it to the summit at sunrise of the new year and there was nothing in their view that had changed in the last 1000 years and that beauty was something that she discovered after climbing the mountain.

Q- If it were her choice, what would she chose to explore about Lizzie that hasn’t or won’t happen/be explored?
                                A- Torri said that we haven’t seen Elizabeth in her own inner conflict yet. She said that Elizabeth is so anti-military and so anti-manifest destiny that the fact that she was okay with the torturing shows that she went against everything that she believed in. Torri wanted to show the 3AM conflicts that Lizzie had with herself to show how Lizabeth would have made that decision and therefore to justify her compromises.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X