Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    As I try so hard to teach the little ones in my care:

Everyone likes different things and that is OK! Just because you don't like it, don't be rude. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.

Sometimes I feel that message gets through to 3 and 4 year olds but is lost again as some people grow up.

I Love the Sparky ship and I see the potential for lots more than is already there.

I will not go around trying to convince anyone that my point of view is the only right one nor will I try to invalidate their's.

When I want to gush over Sparky goodness I come here to this thread or find some wonderful fanfic. It is more fun to play with like minded people. At least for me anyway.
    Words of wisdom. I will remember that. This forum would be a better place if folks thought twice about what they're about to post. I think Sparky fans are some of the nicest, smartest bunch around (sure we may get a bit carried away at the time like this, who wouldn't, but folks could be a bit more understanding of our situation and not try to make us feel even worse). I don't think any Shep/Weir fan has ever been as nasty as some "others" have been.

Edit: I know for myself that if it were Teyla who they'd make recurrent, I wouldn't gloat over Sheyla dying or anything.
    Last edited by Celcool; 04 March 2007, 10:16 AM.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      And about well written fanfic... I LOVE THIS ONE!!! Totally reccomended!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3084977/1/
      Agreed!

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      Ship should be about fun! I think the smaller ships have the best deal - they know it's never likely to happen so they don't get caught up in any childish ship wars or mane calling, but that doesn't stop them having fun with their chosen pairing.
      Word! This is why I love Jack/Eliazbeth so much besides John/Elizabeth. I know nothing will happen (because they're both respectively so in love with Sam and John... ahem), but that didn't prevent me from TR 2 spoilers
      Spoiler:
      squeeing when there was that hug 'cos it was totally unexpected.

Comment

@ Vicky - so you tasted the same poison I did? Can't wait to see what happens next!!!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
          Word! This is why I love Jack/Eliazbeth so much besides John/Elizabeth. I know nothing will happen (because they're both respectively so in love with Sam and John... ahem), but that didn't prevent me from TR 2 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          squeeing when there was that hug 'cos it was totally unexpected.
          Much like in Seige 3.

And any others who like Jack/Elizabeth, they should check out the AU, Spygate (both J/E, J/E...er, Jack/Elizabeth, John/Elizabeth )

...bc I'm feeling nice I'm just going to link the stories here. You can check the link above out yourselves for some really neat artwork and vids.

Comment

ya know Jack/Elizabeth did cross my mind at some stage...just as Caldwell/Elizabeth also crossed my mind (of which I was very scared of and quickly ran from...although I like their relationship in a non-ship way).

Just a quick off topic question. Can anyone recommend me a site where I can host images that are of the larger desktop sizes. Photobucket shrinks anything over 800x600. I have some desktops to share with you guys but don't have anywhere to upload them.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Try www.imageshack.us

caldwell definitely has a thing for our Liz, but John is one with messy (and sexy lookin) hair. I love the hair!!!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                Much like in Seige 3.

And any others who like Jack/Elizabeth, they should check out the AU, Spygate (both J/E, J/E...er, Jack/Elizabeth, John/Elizabeth )

...bc I'm feeling nice I'm just going to link the stories here. You can check the link above out yourselves for some really neat artwork and vids.
                I'm already reading the fics on this comm. I hope the next one will be up soon!

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                ya know Jack/Elizabeth did cross my mind at some stage...just as Caldwell/Elizabeth also crossed my mind (of which I was very scared of and quickly ran from...although I like their relationship in a non-ship way).

Just a quick off topic question. Can anyone recommend me a site where I can host images that are of the larger desktop sizes. Photobucket shrinks anything over 800x600. I have some desktops to share with you guys but don't have anywhere to upload them.
                Photobucket shrinks them? I never had this problem... Well, I think you can change that in the uploading options.

Comment

@ Anuna Ahhh so I'm not alone in thinking that then. Good good.

And I agree about the hair. I have a big thing for guys with nice hair and Shep does have very lovely hair indeed.

I will try again loading photos later then

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                  ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    Words of wisdom. I will remember that. This forum would be a better place if folks thought twice about what they're about to post. I think Sparky fans are some of the nicest, smartest bunch around (sure we may get a bit carried away at the time like this, who wouldn't, but folks could be a bit more understanding of our situation and not try to make us feel even worse). I don't think any Shep/Weir fan has ever been as nasty as some "others" have been.

Edit: I know for myself that if it were Teyla who they'd make recurrent, I wouldn't gloat over Sheyla dying or anything.
                    I wouldn't either. I think that's just mean and it serves no higher purpose.

To SR and you, I knew that a Sheyla fan ( most of us know who that is ) started the little comment war on JM's blog. And I didn't mean any direspect to the sparky shipper who replied back. I know, cause when I'm feeling bad and "others" push me to the edge... it can get nasty. So I get why that person made that comment, in a way I'm glad he/she posted it on his blog, but another part of me feels that we should just avoid the ship war.
                    Then you're right, we could strike back but defense always end up as a new attack. But I know that this comment promoted our ship too ( yeah +1 million views on GW ). So I'll just forget about it and move on. I get that we're feeling bad right now, I just want us to stay positive, cause deep down I'm sure something good will come out of season 4 ... no matter what it is!

Anyway SR, life is FUBAR ^^
                    SL : lol I love when you quote Buffy. " Life's a show And we all play our parts... "

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                      i could make one if you want me too?

i have a huge line up of vids comming so they should be up over time.. mostly sparky ones but i have a few team and character ones, but ill let you know when they come!
                      oh thanks!!! that would be great!!!
                      sigpicsig by me!

Comment

In reading JM's blog, one sees that all comments are screened and have to be approved by JM. Since he has chosen to continually post snippy remarks from both sides of the ship issue, it just reaffirms my belief that he gets some jollies in poking all the shippers in general. He enjoys jerking everyone around, and I respect him even less for it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          SL : lol I love when you quote Buffy. " Life's a show And we all play our parts... "

"Give me something to siiiing about!"

(Caps from eps in S1 - S3)
                          Spoiler:

"As the curtains close, will they kiss? God knows, you can tell the end is near... Tell me! Where do we go from here....?"

Hmm... I can think of a few places to go from here. *g*

Comment

CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... not

BTW, fic rec: Reaffirm Life by Irony_Rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
                              BTW, fic rec: Reaffirm Life by Irony_Rocks.
                              Already read it. *g* But I'll second the recomendation, but only to those of a legal age as it is NC17.

*ponders whether to watch TS/TE*

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                                Loved your vid! Cute Sparky overload.
                                Thanks

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                                Oh what a great vid...great vid...good job!

As for our ship...even if Elizabeth dissapears with Ford, so long as John isn't paired with anyone else we can assume that he's still angsting for her, and there is also alternate realities to consider, I mean how many times were Sam/Jack together or implied to be together? I lost count....^_^ ...and even though some may say that the universe that we see is the only one of concequence I would retort that in our universe it COULD have gone that way, and it's the COULD that's really important.....

.....I just wish that we could have a definative number of episodes that Torri is going to be in. My mind is playing tricks on me and thinking that she won't be in any.... and she'll just dissapear to mandy-ville....

*cries*

I've lost my Zen
                                thanks.. ITA there!

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                                Sniped for spaceness

John: This is all getting way to deep and philosophical for me...They must learn that from you.
                                who the kids?

Originally posted by shepweir4eva View Post
                                oh thanks!!! that would be great!!!
                                thats ok what song whould you like me to use?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

caldwell definitely has a thing for our Liz, but John is one with messy (and sexy lookin) hair. I love the hair!!!
                                its teh hairlove!

"Give me something to siiiing about!"

"As the curtains close, will they kiss? God knows, you can tell the end is near... Tell me! Where do we go from here....?"

cant we all
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X