Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripple Effect (SG-1 Season 9) and some for McKay and Mrs. Miller:
    Spoiler:
    Basically, if two alternate universes are close enough to each other, the entropic cascade failure doesn't happen. I'd bet good money that they made that up because the whole entropy thing from Point of View was inconvenient for that episode.

I'm with FP, though – McKay and Mrs. Miller would have been a lot more entertaining had they not copped out on that one, even though it would have taken some time to explain to those who didn't know about it. *coughcoughthewritercough*
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Seshat put up some of the dialogue on cascade failure:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=131

Good luck understanding it. *LOL*

The episode thread also had discussion pointing out that previous failure didn't show up for several days in other episodes.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Ripple Effect (SG-1 Season 9) and some for McKay and Mrs. Miller:
        Spoiler:
        Basically, if two alternate universes are close enough to each other, the entropic cascade failure doesn't happen. I'd bet good money that they made that up because the whole entropy thing from Point of View was inconvenient for that episode.

I'm with FP, though – McKay and Mrs. Miller would have been a lot more entertaining had they not copped out on that one, even though it would have taken some time to explain to those who didn't know about it. *coughcoughthewritercough*
        Spoiler:
        They should have thought of the people who don't watch SG1 (I only knew about this development because people who do watch it told me about it), so I knew there wasn't going to be any mention of entropic cascade failure. And even some people who have seen Ripple Effect don't remember any mention of this plot device new development.
        The absence of any sense of urgency really made this AU episode feel mundane, it was more like an excuse for the writers to have a double dose of McKay, and let me add that while I love our McKay I really disliked Rod.
        Writer #1: "Now we can have as many AUs as we want to, and no cascade failure to get in our way", Writer #2: "Oooh, I see McKay, and I see... leather", they could have as well come up with some other emergency to use Jeannie, but maybe they really really wanted McKay in leather, because the AU storyline seemed like a last minute addition.

Comment

*Tiptoes in*. Um, is this a good place to post the link to a little fic I wrote for the Langford_U AU community at LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
            *Tiptoes in*. Um, is this a good place to post the link to a little fic I wrote for the Langford_U AU community at LJ?
            Absolutely. Because it's a cute fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
              Absolutely. Because it's a cute fic.

Done. And thanks, Trialia!

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                Done. And thanks, Trialia!
                You're welcome!

And wooooooooooooo! 1700!

Comment

CONGRATS ON THE 1,700 Trialia ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate
                    CONGRATS ON THE 1,700 Trialia ^^
                    Thank you

Comment

A little late but Happy Birthday, Sally!

Comment

Congrats on 1700 Triala

We are waiting to hear many more of your thoughts!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Vixen! Gotta say, I love your sig, hehehe

Heh, didn't realise that top was that low cut. Not that it's low low but quite low for Stargate chicks... *remembers Carter's dress in Chimera*...never mind

ETA: Thought this was the WOW thread. Guess I better add something ship related. Erm...

How's about a pic as my brain is preoccupied with fic atm?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                            Thanks, Vixen! Gotta say, I love your sig, hehehe
                            Thanks!

stargatecaps.com

'Cause I loved this moment, heh

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                              Thanks!

stargatecaps.com

'Cause I loved this moment, heh
                              Aww, look at the cute half smile they both have! Too bad it wasn't their minds controlling their bodies. Oh well, I still love it.

Comment

Ohhhh, that reminds me, for those of you who don't also hang out in the Torri thread: fanlisting for The Real World. Three days' work, but finally finished

Comment

Working...
                                X