Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower spoilers.
    Spoiler:
    I agree with what Mel said regarding the response to this overthrowing of the government. Watching it I was thinking maybe Peter Woodward's character would be the real hero in all this, but he ended up being the bad guy.

As far as Mara goes, I was rather bored with her along with most of the female guest characters of s2 And while I don't hate or even dislike Sheppard, I've found him rather dull for the most part in s2.

The best part of the ep. was when Sheppard was wearing his sunglasses. What can I say? I always look for something redeeming in even the worst ep.
    Like it's been said; was this suppose to be serious or a parody?

Comment

Bleh, the Tower. Ok, I could stand it more that Sanctuary (Chaya just irks me), but honestly did it have a plot? And like it's already been pointed out, was it supposed to be serious or did they intend for it to be a big joke?

Spoiler:
      The ending balcony scene felt out of place. It would have been better if it hadn't been there at all (never thought I'd say that about a balcony scene) but it was seriously that bad. It made no sense to the rest of the story, and just felt wrong. Even if it was supposed to be all teasing or whatever, John should have at least looked at Elizabeth when he was talking to her. And to mention the blond whatsername was just tacky

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
        I can say what I want and so can you.
        Yes, you can, but y ou need to say it with respect.

And if you - or anyone - can't do that, then it's best not said at all
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A reminder for everyone, since the American viewing season is now 'over', spoiler tags are not required for s1 episodes, but ARE required for season 2 discussion and season 3 speculation

if you see anyone not using spoiler tags, please feel free to report the post and the mods will take action
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the tower eh?

Spoiler:
            i hated this epidoe i couldnt stand to even watch all of it.. it confused me so much.. reminded me of medieval times and that jsut freaks me out. and it was another Kirking episode *rolls eyes*.. i really didnt like this episode

and guys i have a new vid if u wanted to check it out.. would be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfUVcccmKHY
            Last edited by atlantis_babe34; 11 June 2006, 05:22 PM.
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

New chapter of "'Falling' For You" up on my lj.

Chapter 7

Follow the link to escape the Tower madness!

Comment

*pops head in*

As long as you don't think about the fugly space sluts or sparky, The Tower is actually kinda amusing. I'm not going to lie, before I let myself analyze it I laughed when I watched it.

ps. those S3 promos and the subsequent manips: So pretty!
                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                  *pops head in*

As long as you don't think about the fugly space sluts or sparky, The Tower is actually kinda amusing. I'm not going to lie, before I let myself analyze it I laughed when I watched it.

ps. those S3 promos and the subsequent manips: So pretty!
                  I guess I did laugh a bit too. Things always seem better before you go and analyze them

Comment

Those of you that liked The Tower and thought it was funny are so lucky. When I first heard about this episode, I figured I'd be one of the ones that liked it.
                    Spoiler:
                    It's my understanding that originally she didn't strip and he turned her down. They should have kept that version. I still would have disliked the episode for the same reasons Melyanna said, but at least my squee wouldn't have been crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      My opinion is that he didn't, because there are some odd facial expressions coming from the Chamberlain in that scene if he's supposed to assume that Sheppard did. But it's up to interpretation because of some really, really wretched editing. Normally I hold to a rather strict line where only what appears in the episode counts, but the shoddy editing job in that scene leads me to believe that those lines where Sheppard denied it were cut in editing, not before.

Of course, whether we agree on what happened between Sheppard and Mara, I think we can all agree that Mara's just about the most annoying character TPTB have ever come up with.

I don't even think the acting was that great in this episode. The writing, direction, acting, and editing all sucked for a week. I'm perfectly fine with them having the occasional episode that isn't up to snuff, but I'd rather have fewer episodes in a season if it meant I could avoid watching such a horrible, horrible episode.

I'm like Sally, though – I have no idea what the episode was supposed to accomplish. Most people's lasting impressions of it seem to have little to do with what the Atlantis team supposedly got out of the mission.

Spoilers for 'Tower'
                      Spoiler:
                      My opinion is that he didn't sleep with her as well. Like you've said Mel-really bad edit job and an immature attempt by someone in charge to play off Sheppard as the cool guy that the gals all drop their pants for w/o question.

Mara was useless as a boar tit. Just absolutely nothing but eye candy and she couldn't even keep her mouth shut enough to be that too well. And really, what was the plotline? And who cared? This is the *one* episode that I really don't remember much about plot. You know it's weak when you care so very little. This one was cringe-worthy from start to finish-and not only due to the Shep-babe. And it was almost like they 'tacked' the balcony scene on in a last-ditch effort to 'save' the episode and while I liked it for the most part, it was indeed confusing.
                      Last edited by Bama; 11 June 2006, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        Spoilers for 'Tower'
                        Spoiler:
                        My opinion is that he didn't sleep with her as well. Like you've said Mel-really bad edit job and an immature attempt by someone in charge to play off Sheppard as the cool guy that the gals all drop their pants for w/o question.

Mara was useless as a boar tit. Just absolutely nothing but eye candy and she couldn't even keep her mouth shut enough to be that too well. And really, what was the plotline? And who cared? This is the *one* episode that I really don't remember much about plot. You know it's weak when you care so very little. This one was cringe-worthy from start to finish-and not only due to the Shep-babe. And it was almost like they 'tacked' the balcony scene on in a last-ditch effort to 'save' the episode and while I liked it for the most part, it was indeed confusing.
                        I agree Bama (and Mel). I remember when this topic came up back in December and I have the same opinion.
                        Spoiler:
                        The edit job was awful, but the original spoilers Mel posted (the missing Chamberlain scene where Shep informs him that he didn't accept Mara's advances) and the tacked on balcony scene convinced me that nothing ocurred. The "could've had the girl but didn't bit" seemed to serve the same purpose that the missing Chamberlain scene albeit in a more confusing manner. All in all, I'm glad that scene was added. Even though mentioning one's romantic escapades to Weir might seem tacky or even brazen, Shep's "confession" deepens the Shep-Weir bond a little. It's obvious he wanted her to know everything that happend and when he mentioned the girl it did not come across as boasting. This is probably a stretch, but it seems he tries to be a little more sophisticated or at least show his intellect a little more around Elizabeth (as he did in GUP and Coup d'Etat). Maybe proving he isn't just a girl crazy flyboy would help that image??

I'm just curious as to why TPTB chose to put all this in a brief slightly flirtatious balcony scene. I actually think the exchange about Rodney in "Inferno" between Shep and Weir that resulted in Weir going offworld plays as a bit of a sequel to the balcony scene. After hearing about Shep's exploits offworld she decided to make sure he didn't get the girl

Later,
                        Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                          I agree Bama (and Mel). I remember when this topic came up back in December and I have the same opinion.
                          Spoiler:
                          The edit job was awful, but the original spoilers Mel posted (the missing Chamberlain scene where Shep informs him that he didn't accept Mara's advances) and the tacked on balcony scene convinced me that nothing ocurred. The "could've had the girl but didn't bit" seemed to serve the same purpose that the missing Chamberlain scene albeit in a more confusing manner. All in all, I'm glad that scene was added. Even though mentioning one's romantic escapades to Weir might seem tacky or even brazen, Shep's "confession" deepens the Shep-Weir bond a little. It's obvious he wanted her to know everything that happend and when he mentioned the girl it did not come across as boasting. This is probably a stretch, but it seems he tries to be a little more sophisticated or at least show his intellect a little more around Elizabeth (as he did in GUP and Coup d'Etat). Maybe proving he isn't just a girl crazy flyboy would help that image??

I'm just curious as to why TPTB chose to put all this in a brief slightly flirtatious balcony scene. I actually think the exchange about Rodney in "Inferno" between Shep and Weir that resulted in Weir going offworld plays as a bit of a sequel to the balcony scene. After hearing about Shep's exploits offworld she decided to make sure he didn't get the girl

Later,
                          Royal
                          This wasn't even a missing scene, just a missing line. The sides went something like this (paraphrasing, but this is the gist of it):

Spoiler:
                          Sheppard: Mara came to visit me last night.
                          Chamberlain: Oh? And you...
                          Sheppard: Sent her back to her room.
                          [Chamberlain makes a facial expression to indicate that it's important that Sheppard didn't sleep with her.]

He said he didn't, and then the direction for the chamberlain reiterated it. The line isn't there, but the look from the chamberlain was. Crappy editing, but the clues are still in there. Besides, at the beginning of that scene, Sheppard didn't look much like he was there to thank the chamberlain for sending a booty call his way. He looked like he was seriously disturbed. His line toward the beginning ("Some people around here seem to have the wrong idea about me") also makes me think that he didn't. As someone else in here said, if Mara had kept her mouth shut about marriage and babies, he probably would have, but I don't think he liked the idea of being used as a thoroughbred. It was badly, badly edited, though, and the writing wasn't very good either.

Sad, too, because when I got the episode sides, I was really looking forward to it. There was a whole subplot for Elizabeth that got dumped, including John completely ignoring the cheerleader when Elizabeth was brought in with a knife at her throat.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

This wasn't even a missing scene, just a missing line. The sides went something like this (paraphrasing, but this is the gist of it):

Spoiler:
                            [Chamberlain makes a facial expression to indicate that it's important that Sheppard didn't sleep with her.]

He said he didn't, and then the direction for the chamberlain reiterated it. The line isn't there, but the look from the chamberlain was. Crappy editing, but the clues are still in there. Besides, at the beginning of that scene, Sheppard didn't look much like he was there to thank the chamberlain for sending a booty call his way. He looked like he was seriously disturbed. His line toward the beginning ("Some people around here seem to have the wrong idea about me") also makes me think that he didn't. As someone else in here said, if Mara had kept her mouth shut about marriage and babies, he probably would have, but I don't think he liked the idea of being used as a thoroughbred. It was badly, badly edited, though, and the writing wasn't very good either.

Sad, too, because when I got the episode sides, I was really looking forward to it. There was a whole subplot for Elizabeth that got dumped, including John completely ignoring the cheerleader when Elizabeth was brought in with a knife at her throat.
                            Thanks for re-posting that. I wonder why it was cut. I don't think it really helped Shep's "intergalactic babe magnet" (I hated that ad) status any and just confused the plot.

I remember that subplot. If I recall correctly Carson was there as well. It wuld have been great to see Shep have to save Elizabeth (or at least ditch the cheerleader). Elizabeth at knife point might've convinced him to give up kirking for good! Maybe the balcony scene was some kind of remanant form that plotline? Perhaps something a little angstier was to be said? +

Night,
                            Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Spoiler:

I would have definately enjoyed that 10,000 times more. Do you know who cut that?
                              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

There was a whole subplot for Elizabeth that got dumped, including John completely ignoring the cheerleader when Elizabeth was brought in with a knife at her throat.
                                I think my dislike of The Tower just increased a hundredfold... *headdesk* Why, oh, why did they cut that subplot?

The Tower
                                Spoiler:
                                The only part of The Tower that I remotely like has nothing to do with Sheppard (what a big surprise in this ep, eh? ) It was when Ronon, Teyla, and Rodney sit down to have dinner with the local villagers--Teyla reaches for Ronon's hand, which he takes with no problem, then he glares at McKay's hand like it's an Iratus bug. Sadly, this two second clip makes up for none of the episode.

I've really enjoyed everyone's artwork from the Season 3 promos, which I thought were absolutely gorgeous in themselves! Keep up the great work!
                                Thanks to Leelakin for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X