Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    Could have been photobucket going down for a bit. Everything is fine now.
    Thanks, hun, I've got is sussed now. My laptop security has this really, really annoying 'privacy' function that I normally have disabled. It came back and I hadn't noticed. Did I mention how irritating it is *grrr*

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      Remember all those times when we've talked about an Atlantis: Wild West AU? Well, AngelQueen has gone and started a community for it!

You can find details of the characters background here, and the first fic on the main page: Monday Morning
      Drat! Beat me to it. Okay so I hadn't been around for that discussion but great minds think alike because a few weeks ago I came to the same idea for a community. Mine's set a little different though and hasn't been made public at all. Oh well. At least I now have a place to go for that kind of stuff. Maybe I'll just keep my own fic as a personal AU and post to ff.net but not in this community since as I said my set up is a little different. ;D

AL

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
        Wouldn't that be fabulous? I dreamed about TRW last night kinda and imagined all sorts of wonderfulness of Shep
        Spoiler:
        leading a covert operation to rescue her. McKay needed to work the controls to release her from some sort of prison and Lizzie falling out unconcious into Shep's waiting arms where he get's all worried. Lovely. I'm such a sap.
        Heheheh, I'm not getting my hopes up for something like that, but one really good Shep/Weir moment? Not unreasonable at all for that episode.

Originally posted by A.L.
        Oh and Mel? Love the new sig.
        Thanks! I'm rather partial to it myself.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Heheheh, I'm not getting my hopes up for something like that, but one really good Shep/Weir moment? Not unreasonable at all for that episode.
          I agree. And it'd be foolish to do so. But that's what fanfic is for. But a girl can dream. And I did.

AL

Comment

*Delurks*

Again, delurking to say hi again, and that I love the promo pics, but with one more addition.

You've all being discussing an Atlantis/Wizard of Oz AU type thing recently, and I would just like to say, that as part of 'Word Claim 50' on LJ, I was actually going to write that. So, should I write it now, as you all seem to be discussing it, or is going to look like I stole your ideas?

*Sneaks off again*
            AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
            My Fanfic LJ
            My stories on FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Best opening line I've seen in a fic!
              Ditto on that!

Comment

Moonfly - I think tptb should have to read the essay in your lj on the meaningless kisses in sga. That was really well done. Meaningful kisses keep people glued to the tv, but meaningless kisses are kind of boring. The fact that Sheppard kissed so many woman in s2, made the kiss in The Long Goodbye seem like just another kiss, to me. The way tptb handled romance in s2 makes me wonder if they know what they are doing. Hopefully tptb will take kissing more seriously in s3.

Comment

New drabble. Part four of Five Loves, for stage four of the stagesoflove challenge. Atlantis this time.

Spoiler:
                  Elizabeth remembered her sense of wonder that first day in Atlantis with great clarity; gazing up through glass from beneath the water line. She wasn't sure what the city had come to define for her. She didn't know what she'd do if they made her leave, now that she knew what it was like.

She loved Atlantis. Did she love him enough to risk losing her command?

John communed with the city, trying to ask for guidance. He was sure, on some level, she was sentient.

If the other woman in his heart wouldn't give him a sign, maybe Atlantis would.

Comment

Well, if we're sharing fics - Pegasus (sparky-ish fanfic set in a firefly-esque universe) is finally completed:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2890246/1/

It may be a. off topic and b. hugely optimistic but if anyone happens to read this and think that they might like to write in this universe then let me know - I'd love to create a community (although I have no idea how to set about it!)
                    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Hello, I am the newbie greeky frenchie member of gateworld. This is my first post and I am very impressed. All of you are very good in fics, vids, and I don't speak about the fabulous things you do. I've been around for a while now... It's a very good thread in a very good forum. I'm not good in computer things and sometimes my english will be weird, but I think I'm not so hopeless.
                      I'm a juge fan of sg1 and SGA, and for the ships in these too. I think you will see where my heart goes.
                      Bisous
                      Alea jacta est. Les dés sont lancés. Season 3 is on this way

Comment

Originally posted by greekbeth
                        Hello, I am the newbie greeky frenchie member of gateworld. This is my first post and I am very impressed. All of you are very good in fics, vids, and I don't speak about the fabulous things you do. I've been around for a while now... It's a very good thread in a very good forum. I'm not good in computer things and sometimes my english will be weird, but I think I'm not so hopeless.
                        I'm a juge fan of sg1 and SGA, and for the ships in these too. I think you will see where my heart goes.
                        Bisous
                        Well, as long as your english is better than my Greek I won't be criticising! Welcome to the forum, and the best thread on it! Have a gift (stolen from Melyanna - sorry Mel, you need better security):
                        Spoiler:

Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                          Well, as long as your english is better than my Greek I won't be criticising! Welcome to the forum, and the best thread on it! Have a gift (stolen from Melyanna - sorry Mel, you need better security):
                          Spoiler:

Thanks for the gift. I think these promos are very nice, and about my greek:
                          my ancient greek is better than my modern greek, but i am working on it. Actually my trip in greece teach me more english than greek. I know it's a shame, but sometimes french accent isn't very useful.
                          Alea jacta est. Les dés sont lancés. Season 3 is on this way

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                            Spoiler:

Clearly!

And greekbeth, welcome! Don't worry about your English – it's just fine, and a lot better than my attempts at German or Italian would be.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by greekbeth
                              Bisous
                              Don't worry. you're not the only one doesn't have english as a first language (I'm from belgium so speak dutch). somethimes my english's a littel weird too, but so far everyone here either hasn't noticed, or is kind enough not to point out my mistakes. I get enough of that in school. but trust me, stick around long enough and the enlish definetely improves.

So welcome

Spoiler:
                              Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Originally posted by moonfly
                                *Delurks*

Again, delurking to say hi again, and that I love the promo pics, but with one more addition.

You've all being discussing an Atlantis/Wizard of Oz AU type thing recently, and I would just like to say, that as part of 'Word Claim 50' on LJ, I was actually going to write that. So, should I write it now, as you all seem to be discussing it, or is going to look like I stole your ideas?

*Sneaks off again*
                                Oh, certainly go ahead and write it. People come up with similar ideas all the time. Besides, if anyone here actually writes the fic, it'd probably be fairly different from what you produce.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X