Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnikins
    I agree with you totally, Bama. Ronan, in all his hotness, was brought in for Teyla. He has an incredible chemistry going on with her. TPTB must have tested the actors with Rachel first.
    Ironically, they didn't. The actors all tested with Joe Flanigan, and when Joe was asked his opinion, he said he'd like to see Jason Momoa hired.

The relationship between Ronon and Teyla was originally described as a brother-sister vibe, but I really think they didn't care that much about how it would play out. Otherwise they would have had Rachel Luttrell read with all the auditioning actors rather than leaving it up to chance. As we've seen many times in this show, their intentions have often gone up in smoke when the cast actually got their hands on it.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      I find it incredibly hawt
      Like SallyLizzie I find the Ronan/Weir pairing intriguing too. In fact, I really don't have a problem shipping Elizabeth with any of the main characters for a bit of fun and yet for John to have a significant relationship with anybody else other than Liz, I would find it cringeworthy. Why is that? Maybe, I feel an empathy for her and want her to be happy. Does anybody else feel the same way? Are the Sparkyists here die-hards or equal opportunists?

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Ironically, they didn't. The actors all tested with Joe Flanigan, and when Joe was asked his opinion, he said he'd like to see Jason Momoa hired.

The relationship between Ronon and Teyla was originally described as a brother-sister vibe, but I really think they didn't care that much about how it would play out. Otherwise they would have had Rachel Luttrell read with all the auditioning actors rather than leaving it up to chance. As we've seen many times in this show, their intentions have often gone up in smoke when the cast actually got their hands on it.
        Thank goodness we've got good actors. Mind you, after reading this and Joel Goldsmith's interview, you would almost think they were going for a Sheppard/Ronan pairing (just a thought)

Comment

Maybe, I feel an empathy for her and want her to be happy. Does anybody else feel the same way? Are the Sparkyists here die-hards or equal opportunists?
          Didn't someone say maaaaaany pages back that that it's how those pesky shipper wars start?
          But as I've said before, I'm a little selfish when it comes to pairing either Elizabeth or John off with anyone else.

Have you reconsidered about the fic btw?

Comment

Like SallyLizzie I find the Ronan/Weir pairing intriguing too. In fact, I really don't have a problem shipping Elizabeth with any of the main characters for a bit of fun and yet for John to have a significant relationship with anybody else other than Liz, I would find it cringeworthy. Why is that? Maybe, I feel an empathy for her and want her to be happy. Does anybody else feel the same way? Are the Sparkyists here die-hards or equal opportunists?
            I feel the same way!!! I think she deserves a really amazing guy like Lorne. Sorry spanky is too obvious for me to ship Liz/Ronon.. but give me Liz/Lorne anyday. Is there a Liz/Chuck thread? *giggles*
            However, these are all just ships for "fun" imo..
            I will alway ship sparky because there is just too much chemistry between the two to ignore it.. and of course I love this ship more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong

M/S meaning Mulder/Scully? And you didn't think they were really friends? I loved their dynamic and had always thought they were best friends. Out of curiosity, what makes you think that?

It never ceases to amaze me at how so many people can have so many opinions on the same show and the same characters. I love it!

Anyway, I do agree about John and Elizabeth being true friends. John literally stumbled into this and is learning all about this as he goes. Elizabeth is a little ahead of him on the issue, but she's flying just as blindly. They, as the leaders of the expedition, must lean on each other and depend on each other and keep it all together for everyone else. There's no way they wouldn't be drawn to each other on some kind of personal level.
              Like Stubadingdong and Luz I was a huge TXF fan. I loved all the quirky storylines and the UST going on with M/S. Their relationship WAS dysfunctional though. Mulder was a total outsider and only Scully got through to him. He couldn't emotionally relate to anybody else. This relationship cannot compare with Sparky. Now, Sparky, as mentioned many, many times before, feels realistic and unforced. It is definitely a healthier relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                Didn't someone say maaaaaany pages back that that it's how those pesky shipper wars start?
                But as I've said before, I'm a little selfish when it comes to pairing either Elizabeth or John off with anyone else.

Have you reconsidered about the fic btw?

Don't want any pesky shipper wars! Like I said before, "different strokes for different folks". Sparky is all about Lurvvve .
                Nope, no fic from me. Was just reading some fic over at fanfiction.net while the forum was down and was seriously awed by the high standards.
                BTW, have you thought of making more music videos?

Comment

Thinking about Ronon/Weir produces in me the same reaction as reading a trashy romance novel, it's so wicked and so very wrong, but so hot.
                  Still i can't seriously ship Weir and Sheppard with anyone but eachother, for the simple reason that i can't imagine them with anyone else.
                  They complement eachother so perfectly, they're right together, fit seamlessly into eachother's lives. I must confess though that before i saw the series, back when i saw them on the previews i thought they were so friggin' hot, that two people so uneblievably attractive should be together. Off course my shallow reasons for shipping them wouldn't have lasted long if the relationship hadn't turned into such a captivating experience.
                  It's a delight to watch them be it speaking on the radio or standing side by side, making goo goo eyes at eachother. I enjoy them inmensely.
                  Last edited by Luz; 18 March 2006, 04:33 PM.

Comment

People still say 'goo goo eyes'?

I multi-ship for everything. But with this one it 'seems' wrong. I dunno. :shrug:
                    ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                      People still say 'goo goo eyes'?
                      I've said this a couple times, but the commentary was more interesting than that episode!
                      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Yes it was.
                        ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

And I made a new wallpaper. It's nothing fancy, just a little simple quote about love and our favorite pair on it... Hope you like it.

Love
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            And I made a new wallpaper. It's nothing fancy, just a little simple quote about love and our favorite pair on it... Hope you like it.

Love
                            Great wallpaper Falcon!
                            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Nice little drabble, Relaxing by the Sea

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                                Great wallpaper Falcon!
                                Thx. It's a little present for my sister...I really hope she likes it.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X