No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak for ye self gwen! I want the sparkyburger to eventually get some spice and become a bit juicier meself. If it stands pat, the taste begins to grow stale

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Speak for ye self gwen! I want the sparkyburger to eventually get some spice and become a bit juicier meself. If it stands pat, the taste begins to grow stale
      True. If UST goes on too long it gets to the point where it's like 'Who Cares!" I just don't want it to become the focus of the show. And I'm amazed at how well TPTB are handleing it! I guess that with the past experiences with TPTB, I'm a little hesitant for them to 'add spice' to Sparky...

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        True. If UST goes on too long it gets to the point where it's like 'Who Cares!" I just don't want it to become the focus of the show. And I'm amazed at how well TPTB are handleing it! I guess that with the past experiences with TPTB, I'm a little hesitant for them to 'add spice' to Sparky...
        same here.......
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
          The "who cares point", been there both with TXF and JAG when RST finally came i didn't give a damn anymore so to me it was like all that time invested on a relationship for nothing. For once i would like to be able to enjoy the RST, i think SGA's tptb could pull it off because so this ship has been great. Their friendship, their blossoming relationship is a beautiful thing to watch.
          I've only seen good RST in anime, t.v shows RST so far has been a horrible experience, i hope i don't have to go through that again .

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
            I've said this in the Sheppard Discussion thread I think, but anyway what I like about JF is his acting style. I find him to be a very subtle actor and that is something I really like in actors. There is so much over the topness in sci-fi it's nice to see JF more subtle in his performance. BB comes from sci-fi and he can seem pretty over the top to me.
            I agree completely. He has a great acting style, that's very natural!

Comment

I certainly think it would be great if they went ahead with a serious S/W ship, but I doubt it, or any other ship on the Stargate brand, would ever go ahead.

For one there is the whole superior/subordinate thing. But then I think if they did go ahead with the ship it would, at least in the writer's and producer's minds, detract from the overall story arc. Because as it's been mentioned, SGA is focused on plot driven action and adventure. Plus, shipping two given characters might alienate a section of fan base

But perhaps I'm wrong. Because the chemistry between Flanigan and Higginson is so great. While I was a mild Sam/Jack shipper, I think the character of Sam has always been a bit lackluster. Or maybe it's Tapping. Either way.

So I don't think it will go down like JAG or TXF. Because with those shows there was always a purposeful shipper undertone. I don't know if I'm saying what I want to say as well as I want to.
              I'm bad. I'm nationwide.

Comment

Completely off topic, but just wanna say:

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Welcome to grumpyRN, and to all newbies, lurkers, delurkers etc..

Just my opinion... for RST to happen between J/E, it will all boil down to TIMING. Right time, right place, right situation, right reasons etc.

So far, the TPTB has shown us googles of John and Lizzie eyeing each other like they are the only ones in the room and nothing/nobody else exists (or nobody else's opinion mattered), cute flirting here and there, a little angst here, a little whump there. Just barely touching the surface/icing on the cake, and IMO, they do it because the relationship between these two leaders has grown enough for them to be comfortable and more attuned to each other.
                In the beginning, I thought there was a bit of a power struggle between the two of them when it comes to decisions that concern Atlantis. Taking you back to memory lane in Rising2, when the two of them were arguing about staging a rescue mission in the balcony. I don't know about you guys, but man, that scene was hawt (much hotter than the cave scene with Teyla). Just looking at John and Liz exchanging words left and right...the chemistry just sends pings at me (which incidentally convinced me that they could be a ship, Sparky hints for me ).But now, looking back at previous episodes, I see a definite meeting of minds, a huge amount of trust and support from both, and a shared, common goal to protect Atlantis(and Earth) from any threat.
                Being leaders of the expedition, I would not find it surprising that their main focus, at the moment, is the safety of Atlantis, and elimination of its main threat, the Wraith. I wouldn't be surprised either, if both were still in denial of each other's awareness after their "alien" experience in TLG. If there's any "romantic awareness" between these two, it may have to be set aside for the time being, until the right time comes along. And that will all depend on the writers/TPTB, if they do decide to take Sparky to the next level (hopefully not in Season 8).
                I really don't mind this,though. Makes my Friday every week. Heck, just seeing them together in beautiful, gorgeous pics make me smile already (my dose of TPTB!Sparky slipping, and I need another one from Dr.Ron).

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
                From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
                But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
                To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
                Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Liam
                  I certainly think it would be great if they went ahead with a serious S/W ship, but I doubt it, or any other ship on the Stargate brand, would ever go ahead.

For one there is the whole superior/subordinate thing. But then I think if they did go ahead with the ship it would, at least in the writer's and producer's minds, detract from the overall story arc. Because as it's been mentioned, SGA is focused on plot driven action and adventure. Plus, shipping two given characters might alienate a section of fan base

But perhaps I'm wrong. Because the chemistry between Flanigan and Higginson is so great. While I was a mild Sam/Jack shipper, I think the character of Sam has always been a bit lackluster. Or maybe it's Tapping. Either way.

So I don't think it will go down like JAG or TXF. Because with those shows there was always a purposeful shipper undertone. I don't know if I'm saying what I want to say as well as I want to.
                  I think it's all down to Joe and Torri. I really don't think the connection between the two of them was expected. She was a perfect choice to replace Jessica Steen, who I'm sure would have been good too. Torri just plays the part in a way that I can't imagine anyone else in on a longterm basis. And the way she works with Joe, who's so subtle, is perfect!

Comment

*giggles* Had to post this one here, 'cause it's Sparky and not just Torri...

Anyways, as I was flipping through the "pop up book" of spoiler-tagged pics in the Torri thread, I came across this one. I opened the door to the closet and found...
                    Spoiler:

John and Liz!
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      Oddly, I've never gotten into the fandom side of West Wing (aside from the crossover fics I've been writing), mostly because I wasn't watching it as much when I got into fandom. Besides, I've heard some scary things about WW fandom. It's politics and fandom in one.

Sally, have to agree on the editing. As I (and others) have said for a while, it was the editorial choices of Siege III that made it shippy more than any single element, at least in my opinion. Ship, after all, should never be overpowering.

And on a note about the novels, those are not approved by TPTB, as far as I know. As I understand it, a couple fans got permission to print a line of novels for the Stargate series, and they choose what gets printed and what doesn't, not TPTB. I personally wouldn't take any of them as canon, and I certainly wouldn't take them as an indication of where the series is going. (Good grief, I feel like I'm back in my very first fandom.)
                      I actually have a friend who is pretty involved with the WW fandom. And I hear stories from her that scares me. So I don't even bother. I think the SG fandom has enough stuff going on it it to keep me occupied.

And the power of editing. I think the editors have been doing a great job either intentionally or unintentionally.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten

Anyways, as I was flipping through the "pop up book" of spoiler-tagged pics in the Torri thread, I came across this one. I opened the door to the closet and found...
                        Spoiler:

John and Liz!
                        LMAO Kirsten!

How many people do you think have walked in on that already?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          LMAO Kirsten!

Imagine Rodney's face if he walked in on that. He'd have the biggest smirk on his face!

Him being a secret shipper and everything...

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten

Spoiler:

John and Liz!
                            That's great!! Thanks Kirsten for giving me the best laugh of the day!! And I'm sure you're not the first one to walk in on that scene...
                            When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                            My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              LMAO Kirsten!

If only we had more video evidence!

Originally posted by Finnstardust
                              That's great!! Thanks Kirsten for giving me the best laugh of the day!! And I'm sure you're not the first one to walk in on that scene...
                              Heee! Glad to help!
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

LMAO Kirsten you just crack me up!! Taken the game to sparky thread now? soon all GW will be playing peek-a-boo!! WOO this is soo much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X