Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    It would do for good drama if Elizabeth had to kill someone ever. My gosh, thinking of how devastated she would feel i'm not sure i would want to see that. I love angst, but i love Elizabeth two, and she would suffer so much if she ever had to take the life of another living being. If it was a wraith i don't think it would be so hard though, if she had to kill someone like a genii then that would traumatize her. But i'm not really unmovable on this topic, if she ever has to kill someone it'll be because she absolutely has to, i know if she ever does kill someone it'll be because someone's life or her own is at stake, and there is absolutely no other way out.
    I can imagine her carrying a stunner, if she were to chose i'm pretty sure she'd prefer just incapacitating someone, than killing.
    HECK yeah *I* want to see it! LOL! While I respect her principles, I want her to see the 'other side' and also experience it. It would hurt her and it would be traumatic but she is learning already that sometimes you do what you must do for the greater good even if it's not what you'd prefer or what you're comfortable with. I think it could also help her grow as a leader of all the people.

And hey! it's TV and I'm all into angstin to build the sparky! I hope tptb tortures the heck outta elizabeth!! I mean wipe the floor with her! Sparky has to do cleanup duty!! whoo baby! We've GOT to have something terrible enough happen to her that John will put his big ol strong arms around her and hold her. I salivate at the thought of the camera panning away as he rocks her in his arms. GAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      HECK yeah *I* want to see it! LOL! While I respect her principles, I want her to see the 'other side' and also experience it. It would hurt her and it would be traumatic but she is learning already that sometimes you do what you must do for the greater good even if it's not what you'd prefer or what you're comfortable with. I think it could also help her grow as a leader of all the people.

And hey! it's TV and I'm all into angstin to build the sparky! I hope tptb tortures the heck outta elizabeth!! I mean wipe the floor with her! Sparky has to do cleanup duty!! whoo baby!
      I'm really scared of you right now Bama...
      But you're right. Imagine the discussions John and Liz could have if she took a life... Him having to comfort her...

*swings arms* Get away bunnies! I want to write fluff!

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

And hey! it's TV and I'm all into angstin to build the sparky! I hope tptb tortures the heck outta elizabeth!! I mean wipe the floor with her! Sparky has to do cleanup duty!! whoo baby! We've GOT to have something terrible enough happen to her that John will put his big ol strong arms around her and hold her. I salivate at the thought of the camera panning away as he rocks her in his arms. GAH!
        "Mummy save me from the scary lady ", i want angst too (mostly Sheppard's), and i've always thought giving Weir a good whumpin' would do the trick. I'm more into physical whumping which doesn't seem to bring as many complications as the emotional one does.
        I like your version though, but i'm not sure we would get the Sheppard comforting her scene. If we ever have this kind of emotional torture for Elizabeth, i want the whole package Torture/Comfort.
        Last edited by Luz; 20 February 2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          "Mummy save me from the scary lady ", i want angst too (mostly Sheppard's), and i've always thought giving Weir a good whumpin' would do the trick. I'm more into physical whumping which doesn't seem to bring as many complications as the emotional one does.
          I like your version though, but i'm not sure we would get the Shppard comforting her scene. If we ever have this kind of emotional torture for Elizabeth, i want the whole package Torture/Comfort.
          Now you're both scaring me...

i kinda agree though. We rarely get a chance to see how stuff affects them. We get the action but not the reaction. I wanna see the reaction!!!
          Plus, it would give Torri something to sink her teeth into. Which she desperately need more of!!! She does the whole MammaBear (property of Mspooh) thing well. But I want to see more!

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Ew, y'all ever hear of Fetus in Fetu... gross, yet tragic. I'm never watching Discovery Health AGAIN.

Weir fighting? I think it's like 'basic training' ain't it? Self-defense. That's all it would be not like fight to kill. But all the points have been made so, yeah. Ditto on both sides of the coin.
            ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              Now you're both scaring me...

i kinda agree though. We rarely get a chance to see how stuff affects them. We get the action but not the reaction. I wanna see the reaction!!!
              Plus, it would give Torri something to sink her teeth into. Which she desperately need more of!!! She does the whole MammaBear (property of Mspooh) thing well. But I want to see more!
              Yeah! I want reaction too!!

And Liz certainly needs something on the flip side of being the MammaBear. It makes it seem like there's only really one side to her, and we know she's not like that.

But this talk of torturing our poor Liz had got me a bit creeped out by you guys. I think it might make for some very interesting episodes, and I agree that if we are given the torture, they had better give us the comfort/reactions to go along with it. But I don't want poor Liz to suffer, just for our entertainment. (However the Sparky benefits we could get out of it would be terrific).

Er, is it wrong of me to have laughed when I read the whole 'let's torture Liz thing'? Or was I laughing at the reactions to the whole torturing thing. I don't know. I most certainly don't think torturing her is funny.

Maybe it's midterms making my mind mush, all the synapses are firing in the wrong direction.

Well, I did just come from writing the one I had been worrying about all week. Didn't end up being as bad as I imagined. Open Book, plus the questions were practically mirror images of our assignments, which we could also look at. Pretty nice of them I think.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                But this talk of torturing our poor Liz had got me a bit creeped out by you guys. I think it might make for some very interesting episodes, and I agree that if we are given the torture, they had better give us the comfort/reactions to go along with it. But I don't want poor Liz to suffer, just for our entertainment. (However the Sparky benefits we could get out of it would be terrific).
                Creeped out?, really?, uhmmm, haven't been around here much have you?. 'Cause this isn't the first time we have one of our little "let's get Weir beaten up" campaigns *feels properly ashamed*. I don't know about anybody else but this is a personal kink of mine, the more i like a character, the more i enjoy seeing them being whumped. What's more, scenes with someone being deathly ill, in mortal perril, or suffering terribly bore me to death unless the one suffering is a character i love. Still the kind of Weir torture Bama suggests is a bit too heavy for me, and yet, i'm astounded by the fact that upon further examination of the prospect i'd probably enjoy it .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                  Creeped out?, really?, uhmmm, haven't been around here much have you?. 'Cause this isn't the first time we have one of our little "let's get Weir beaten up" campaigns *feels properly ashamed*. I don't know about anybody else but this is a personal kink of mine, the more i like a character, the more i enjoy seeing them being whumped. What's more, scenes with someone being deathly ill, in mortal perril, or suffering terribly bore me to death unless the one suffering is a character i love. Still the kind of Weir torture Bama suggests is a bit too heavy for me, and yet, i'm astounded by the fact that upon further examination of the prospect i'd probably enjoy it .
                  I understand where you're coming from Luz, asking your character to get their ass whooped isn't exactly one of the things that you'd expect someone to ask and it's not exactly a very pleasant sight. But think of it this way, it would help show us a side of Elizabeth that we've yet to see. We've yet to see how she'd react after she got back from her 'whump session'. Would she distant herself from her friends? Would she accept their help? How would this affect her relationship with John, and the others?

This is an angle that I'm looking forward to see on the show not only because it would make some very good Sparky angst but because of the character development that could come out of this plot bunny.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    We Southern belles sure have a violent streak, but I'm with Bama on this one. That woman (Liz, that is) needs to be messed up good fashion. I'm sick of all this wringing of hands and stoic lipbiting. Somebody needs to get the hurt put on them to add some drama to this thing. Goodness gracious. In Condemned
                    Spoiler:
                    they tied up John and company but didn't go much beyond dirtying their faces. I mean sheesh, John's hair wasn't even mussed any more than usual.
                    Let's go back to the situation in The Eye or something similar, only break some small bones, shoot somebody other than Shep ( in that same spot on his left arm), and make them sweat. I want tears and runny mascara. And as for who can comfort Liz. Who else if not John? If she's hurt, he will be right by her side in the infirmary and will not leave her. If she has to hurt someone else, it will devastate her, and TH will do the acting job of her career. Seeing her go through that when he better than anyone else there will understand exactly the agony she feels will equally devastate John. And it will hurt him more knowing there's not a dang thing he can do to stop the nightmares. Well maybe there's one little thing. IMHO this show needs to ratchet up the intensity. Everything they do is good. They just need to do more of it. That probably doesn't make much sense, but just my thoughts.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Whumping? Bad? oh man now I'm feelig guilty again! I want to see Liz get hurt but not just because of Sheppard angst that will come out of it, but also because it will be wonderful to see how Elizabeth handles it and, of course, how wonderfully Torri will act!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                        Creeped out?, really?, uhmmm, haven't been around here much have you?. 'Cause this isn't the first time we have one of our little "let's get Weir beaten up" campaigns *feels properly ashamed*.
                        Ok, so maybe 'creeped out' was the wrong term to use. How about more like, slightly scared (mostly of Bama ).

And no, I haven't been around her much. I only joined a month ago today. So if you've talked 'beat Weir up' in the last month, must of missed it (I blame homework).

What's more, scenes with someone being deathly ill, in mortal perril, or suffering terribly bore me to death unless the one suffering is a character i love.
                        I must admit that I feel the same in that respect. I can't really get into a scene like that unless I feel something for the character who's caught up in the middle of it.

Still the kind of Weir torture Bama suggests is a bit too heavy for me, and yet, i'm astounded by the fact that upon further examination of the prospect i'd probably enjoy it .
                        I bet I'd probably enjoy it too (I must admit I do have a darker/sadistic side, it just doesn't come out to play a lot). And just imagine the character development and all that could definitely come out of it (and would/could be very interesting IMO).
                        Last edited by GateByte; 20 February 2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I was rewatching Coup D'etat because it's so sparky and
                          Spoiler:
                          the whole mensa comment brought a smile to Elizabeth's face. Maybe she's heard it before. I wouln't be surprised since he did brag about being promoted and maybe he was trying to impress Elizabeth.

I tried my best but you could only do so much with crappy software.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                            I was rewatching Coup D'etat because it's so sparky and
                            Spoiler:
                            the whole mensa comment brought a smile to Elizabeth's face. Maybe she's heard it before. I wouln't be surprised since he did brag about being promoted and maybe he was trying to impress Elizabeth.

I tried my best but you could only do so much with crappy software.
                            http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...ter/smile3.jpg
                            what are you using to cap it? Download BSplayer. All you have to do is press P on your keyboard and the sceenshot will be saved automatically in the installation directory.
                            but the pic is so sparky we can see it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                              what are you using to cap it? Download BSplayer. All you have to do is press P on your keyboard and the sceenshot will be saved automatically in the installation directory.
                              but the pic is so sparky we can see it anyway!
                              Hi y'all!!!! *hugs thread*...

i sooo second that Erised!!!!!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                                We Southern belles sure have a violent streak, but I'm with Bama on this one. That woman (Liz, that is) needs to be messed up good fashion. I'm sick of all this wringing of hands and stoic lipbiting. Somebody needs to get the hurt put on them to add some drama to this thing.
                                Thank god I'm not the only one who want's some Liz whumpage! I thought I must be deranged for wanting to see her get hurt! It makes for some good angst...more than the 'pacing up and down her office' that we get. Liz needs to be the one on the recieving end for once...the one in the infirmary..the one with half of the expedition waiting outside the doors to see if she's ok. It's John that needs to be the one doing the pacing...watching over her, convincing himself that she's ok. With Carson's hand on his shoulder, giving him support...

I will always say that sg-1's 'Entity' was excellent for me...just to see Sam in that bed so close to death. The rush of emotion that it brought out in everyone...
                                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X