Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    I know, believe me, *i* *know*, i've been on the recipient end. But i hold no hard feelings to the Shep/Teyla shippers in anyway, i know they are not the ones trying to stir havoc.
    It's not one sided, i don't know about anybody else, but the first times i tried to fix things nicely thorugh PMs and got attacked, someone practicaly told me to drop death. So it's not some innocent newbies trying to say hi, i think someone is trying to intentionally create bad blood amongst all of us. And we all know who that someone might be . What i'm saying is that if they really were poor lost newbies, their post wouldn't be so similar, it's uncanny how it feels like were "reading" the same poster over and over again. It's become a rite of passage, first go taunt the Sparky thread, then go to the Shep/Teyla thread. Honestly, think about all of them, one of them even pretended to be Shep/Weir shipper, but could stop him/herself from sputtering about Shep/Teyla's babies. I'm just tired of them, next time one of these drops by i'll try to ignore them, but if they begin *again* with the Weir bashing, so help me...
    Just try not to kill any innocents along the way, is what I'm saying.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
    Spoiler:
    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      What? Where is this 'newbie bashing' stuff? In my experience, most of us go out of our way to welcome newbies and encourage 'jumping in'! However, the topic of this thread is pro-shep/weir ship and there are indeed some who come in with pot-stirring in mind which perhaps make more long term posters more wary. However, if someone has noticed such, then perhaps we all should be a bit more patient. I agree-people are human and mistakes are made both ways.
      Maybe this is just me (but I don't think it is; I think it's a lot of the newbies), but when I first came in here, I didn't know how this all worked. Every forum and thread has its own kinks, and seriously, people need to realize that newbies don't know how everything works. Not all us were lurkers, so when we post for the first time and someone calls us a sockie because we mentioned S/T, it really just makes the thread an intimidating place to be. Someone called me a sockie when I first came on; I asked what a sock was, because how was I to know, the person replied with something like "Interesting you should ask".

I don't want to start anything and get everybody mad at me. The majority of the people in here are awesome, but it's the very small minority that ruin it for newbies. Maybe the regulars don't notice because they're used it, but as a newbie, it just makes the whole board, not just this thread, unfriendly.

Oh well. At least we all share the S/W love.

Save SG-1 and Atlantis! Watch them, don't boycott! || Banner by stargatefangurl||My LiveJournal~

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        yeah as a newbie I agree with ya RedShirt..but
        most newbies don't say .... negative stuff like that. Obviously it would have everyone concerned...
        You're a newbie? You have three times as many posts as I have! I thought you were one of the veterans!

Edit: And I just got done thinking breaking 1000 posts was a milestone!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          yeah as a newbie I agree with ya RedShirt..but
          most newbies don't say .... negative stuff like that. Obviously it would have everyone concerned...
          Agreed, other than the fact that you're a newbie, which you so aren't.

Save SG-1 and Atlantis! Watch them, don't boycott! || Banner by stargatefangurl||My LiveJournal~

Comment

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt
            Agreed, other than the fact that you're a newbie, which you so aren't.
            I hereby am declaring myself a newbie! Now, tell me about this Sparky stuff... am I insane for seeing the two of them holding hands on a balcony overlooking Atlantis when they're 75?

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
              Just try not to kill any innocents along the way, is what I'm saying.
              All i'm saying is some of them are not as innocent as they want to make you think , let's just agree to disagree on this.
              Why don't we stop this?, this is what she wants, look at us we've wasted two pages on this. There is no war, newbies are wellcome, this thing is not an everyday event, it doesn't even deserve to be called an event.
              Let's just go back to our bussiness and don't waste another second of our time on this.

Comment

Bama, you're entirely insane. But for other reasons.

Alright, I'm calling it a day. Later, folks.

Spoiler:

Comment

I hereby am declaring myself a newbie! Now, tell me about this Sparky stuff... am I insane for seeing the two of them holding hands on a balcony overlooking Atlantis when they're 75?
                  Yes you are, because you know they're going to move to mainland in a little cottage tucked away in the woods somewhere!

Comment

Hey guys!

*Finally* finished Chapter 8 of Moments Like This and I usually check the chaps over myself but I'm not sure what the rating of this one should be due to *cough*sexual situations*cough* It's about 3000 words, guessing a PG-13, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to have a beta read?

I think the MSN link should work but if not its the Bex_3000 hotmail addy thats my MSN.

Thanks!
                    Bex

Comment

Originally posted by Explosion_Of_Colour
                      Hey guys!

*Finally* finished Chapter 8 of Moments Like This and I usually check the chaps over myself but I'm not sure what the rating of this one should be due to *cough*sexual situations*cough* It's about 3000 words, guessing a PG-13, so I was hoping someone would be kind enough to have a beta read?

I think the MSN link should work but if not its the Bex_3000 hotmail addy thats my MSN.

Thanks!
                      Bex
                      Uhmm, i'm a tiny little bit behind when it comes to fanfics, or vids, so ah links, 'cause i haven't read the previous seven . Written by you, right?.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                        Bama, you're entirely insane. But for other reasons.
                        LOL! I'll choose to take that as a compliment Whis!

Comment

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt
                          Yes you are, because you know they're going to move to mainland in a little cottage tucked away in the woods somewhere!
                          Oh no they DON'T! I want to 'see' Sparky! kicking arse and finding closets together right on up to the end!

"John, let me finish this last report up and I'll be right with you."

"I'll come sit on your desk a while Elizabeth while I let my Viagara work."

"Ohhhh! I'll hurry."

Comment

Now there is some interesting thought worth some chatter. Hmmmm...
                            Yes, it's my epiphany for the day. I think it's really true, though. John and Elizabeth aren't sufficiently different to be antagonists. If John were a few years older, he probably would be, and that's because of the differences between the military when Jack O'Neill started and when John Sheppard started. By the time John would have joined, the Air Force had gone through a period of reshaping and had become the kinder, gentler Air Force, rather than the "we solve the world's problems with nuclear weapons" Air Force. (This, by the way, is actually a really, really good explanation for why Carter was left out of the original mission to Abydos, aside from the fact that she didn't exist in the movie. She, being a product of the newer school of thought, probably would have objected to the use of nuclear weapons.)

Anyway. John and Elizabeth may be from very different backgrounds and have different perspectives on what they see, but in many ways they're cut from the same cloth. I don't think you can say that about Sheppard and Teyla. They almost never see eye to eye, and while they respect their differences, I think, they never try to work them out. That just doesn't strike me as the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

On a happier note, SciFi's website now has e-cards you can send to people. And what's the one "couple" to get their own card? Sheppard/Weir.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Oh no they DON'T! I want to 'see' Sparky! kicking arse and finding closets together right on up to the end!

"John, let me finish this last report up and I'll be right with you."

"I'll come sit on your desk a while Elizabeth while I let my Viagara work."

"Ohhhh! I'll hurry."
                              ROTFLMAO, if i had been drinking something you'd owe me a new keyboard, you naughty, naughty girl .

Comment

*dies* sci fi channel is a sparky. I'm not sure what to think of that

Comment

Working...
                                X