Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Yeah, I was asked to remove mine too, because it had a tiny image of the hug in it. Syndication should start in the fall of this year.

And those of you who have images from The Long Goodbye of
    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth armed to the teeth
    are probably going to be asked to remove yours as well.

Anyway. I'm sure that those sigs with the mouthsmushing incident from Conversion will be told the same thing. There are just a lot of people to contact about sigs. They'd gotten really lax about spoiler images in signatures (though if you ask me, anyone who's that worried about being spoiled should just use the forum feature to hide everyone's sigs).

Oh well. I was thinking about doing a Weir for President sig anyway. I started all that nonsense, after all.

And I'll repeat that request for more convention information. (I'm probably finding it amusing to an inappropriate level that Joe said the Conversion mouthsmush was the most uncomfortable thing he'd ever filmed. )
    See that's just insane! The sig stuff I mean (not the mouthsmush! That's the most appropriate comment I've ever heard, even if he meant it in a different context!)

So, back to the sig issue. You'd have to have been living under a rock for the past 4 or 5 months not to know about the hug. Or about TLG for that matter. I think it's safe to say most people who hang on GW are inclined to want to find out all the spoiler information they can. It's not like people are going to care about spoilery pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Yeah, I was asked to remove mine too, because it had a tiny image of the hug in it. Syndication should start in the fall of this year.

And those of you who have images from The Long Goodbye of
      Spoiler:
      Elizabeth armed to the teeth
      are probably going to be asked to remove yours as well.
      You had to remove yours!?!?, NOOOOOO!!!!! . I lurved it.
      On the other hand, Weir for president, sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankareeda
        I'm back guys. Sorry, but my flight had delay, on the way to London on Friday I had to wait 3 hours! for my plane and backwards nearly 2 hours delay. That totally sucked! I'm up now for 32 hours without sleep, so be a bit patient. Thanks!

But we got the contract signed. *rofl* I'm uploading my pictures at the moment!
        Yeehaa!!! What did he say??? *curious*
        (schlafen kannst du auch ein ander mal )
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          See that's just insane! The sig stuff I mean (not the mouthsmush! That's the most appropriate comment I've ever heard, even if he meant it in a different context!)

So, back to the sig issue. You'd have to have been living under a rock for the past 4 or 5 months not to know about the hug. Or about TLG for that matter. I think it's safe to say most people who hang on GW are inclined to want to find out all the spoiler information they can. It's not like people are going to care about spoilery pics!
          True. And I think the whole world heard out collective Squee when the episode aired.
          I know I tried to live spoiler free. To do that I didn't come to GW. If you come to GW you are looking for spoilers. And the sig and pics are apart of that. Besides, unless the pic says what episode, how can you tell it's not just a clever manip? There are some really good ones floating around!

Oh well, my siggy is going to stay incarcerated for a while...

MELYANNA: I love the Weir for prez thing! How did it start?

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            I hope to see him at a con someday. I think he is a really great guy.
            I agree that the butt pic being brought up was just wrong. It's one thing to joke about stuff. It's another to bring it up like that. Completely innapropriate!

Bama's still not here? I thought she was gone because of the Super Bowl. She is a big football fan. Hope she comes back soon. We need some deep discussions and she always started them.
            Ugh! The butt pic! I had a never-ending PM argument with a thunker about that not long ago. So inappropriate for that to ever have been posted here. I kept wondering "what if his wife or his mother wanders into that thread and sees what people are posting of and about him".
            Ugh!! and double ugh!!!

As for Bama... hmmmm. Good question. She's probably just lurking and doesn't have anything to say!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              Ugh! The butt pic! I had a never-ending PM argument with a thunker about that not long ago. So inappropriate for that to ever have been posted here. I kept wondering "what if his wife or his mother wanders into that thread and sees what people are posting of and about him".
              Ugh!! and double ugh!!!

As for Bama... hmmmm. Good question. She's probably just lurking and doesn't have anything to say!
              I'm a thunker and I think it is inapropriate. (I'm now probably kicked out of that thread now...) I agree about the wife and kids. I joke sometimes but not like that. I prefer the DressBlues!Shep manip anyway. Plus, isn't against the GW rules?

Bama not have anything to say?! Wow! (I'm just joking!!)

Spoiler:
              Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                Not affending, but if you never watched it how can you tell? I tell you what, as much as I love SGA but imo you can't compare the characters of CSI to Atlantis. The CSI ones have a story, have family problems, problems with their collegues, they lose people and cases, they love, laugh and cry. THIS is what *I* call close to real people. Sorry for OT.

Anka, girl what takes you so long? Please shirt report!
                Never watched it meaning that i tried it once when someone rec'ed it to me, suffered through one episode, and could never stand to sit to a complete episode again. It's predictable, the characters are boring, uninteresting, completely unnatractive. T.V is full of T.V shows like that nowadays, you watch one, you've watched them all, Cold Case, Without a Trace, CSI, they're all the same. they have to show you everything, tell you everything, if they say someone was shot, then they show the bullet coming out 9of the gun, entering the body, blood coming out, person falling to the floor in painfully ssssllloooowww motion, more boring than a visit to the dentist, IMO.
                And the characters, they are nothing new, nothing that hasn't been shown a thousand times on t.v before, i've really never understood what it has that is so innovative, or original, or catchy, which is why i don't watch it. My brother does though, it bugs me that within five minutes of the show you can already tell who the murderer is.

Comment

^Okay, I won't try to convince you. But what you've written shows that you don't know the show. CSI is nothing like Without a Trace or whatever. And if you say a hard-of-hearing and a former stripper as the leaders of a brilliant forensic team is what you see on every show...
                  sigpic

Comment

^Okay, I won't try to convince you. But what you've written shows that you don't know the show. CSI is nothing like Without a Trace or whatever. And if you say a hard-of-hearing and a former stripper as the leaders of a brilliant forensic team is what you see on every show...
                    Just because my concept is not the same you have it doesn't mean i don't know what it's about, i just don't like it. And you can't convince anyone to like a show. I meant boring cops i don't care about are what i see on every cop show...
                    I say we go back to topic i don't want to have to face the loads of CSI fans that are out there, fanatics can be very overprotective of their t.v shows. this is why i bite my thongue everytime someone mentions how great Joss Wheadon is, LOL.

Comment

I'm back guys. Sorry, but my flight had delay, on the way to London on Friday I had to wait 3 hours! for my plane and backwards nearly 2 hours delay. That totally sucked! I'm up now for 32 hours without sleep, so be a bit patient. Thanks!

@ Major_Moomin: Yeah, Craig is a great dancer. OMG, that was so embarrassing, I was with him on stage (I was the one with the yellow shirt, long blond hair, cowboy boots and jeans *hides* ). What a pity, that we didn't meet , but maybe I saw you...
                      Agk! I saw you *lol* I was in a yellow tshirt on the friday night...dancing with Jane...maybe you saw me then?
                      grinding with each other... *shakes head* "craigs too sexy for his shirt, too sexy for his shirt, so sexy it hurts!!" lmao!
                      Jason was in absolute tears! And Matti bless heI can't get over that bit!
                      Are you going to Peg 2??
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Not affending, but if you never watched it how can you tell? I tell you what, as much as I love SGA but imo you can't compare the characters of CSI to Atlantis. The CSI ones have a story, have family problems, problems with their collegues, they lose people and cases, they love, laugh and cry. THIS is what *I* call close to real people. Sorry for OT.

Anka, girl what takes you so long? Please shirt report!

She's tired, and I'm bugging her on MSN. That's why she's taking a while to post!

I agree with you about CSI, btw! I love that show. The original, that is, not Miami. I'm getting into NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          Just because my concept is not the same you have it doesn't mean i don't know what it's about, i just don't like it. And you can't convince anyone to like a show. I meant boring cops i don't care about are what i see on every cop show...
                          I say we go back to topic i don't want to have to face the loads of CSI fans that are out there, fanatics can be very overprotective of their t.v shows. this is why i bite my thongue everytime someone mentions how great Joss Wheadon is, LOL.
                          All I asked for is that if you don't know the show please don't comment on it. 'Fanatics' wasn't a very nice word.

Okay lets leave this. We just bother the others.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            It seems we have a siggy police amongst us, 'cause they're telling the Shep/Teyla shippers to remove, or alter their siggies too. Still i love your current one about Torino, i'm so excited about this, specially for the figure skating.
                            The mods have been posting warnings for siggy abuse for quite awhile (for size and spoilers). Guess they are finally getting around to practicing what they preach, and its all around GW, not just "ship" threads.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeehaa!!! What did he say??? *curious*
                              (schlafen kannst du auch ein ander mal )
                              *lol* Ich schlaf ja auch erst später, aber ich bin eben nicht so ganz auf der Höhe. *gggg*

Here is the signed contract for the SPARKY ship.

OMG, I was so nervous when I gave him the shirt, first it was fold up, because the table wasn't so big to spread the whole shirt over it. He said: "Ohuh, what's that...?", he looked up to me and I was just grinning , he looked on the shirt again and said "What's its saying!" (the phrase hopeless romantic he couldn't see) and I just thought 'now it's time to runaway and hide in the next corner ' So I helped him that he sees the "Hopeless Romantic" writing and I just wanted to beam me away.... He smiled, read out loud "Hopeless romantic" and chuckled a bit, looked at me (I had still my stupid smile on my face), finally he signed it, handed it to me and gave me that look again. Joe had to sign some other stuff for someone, which I had to carry with me and I waited and said again thank you. He said: Thank you! Gave me the stuff and he looked at me again and I was finally dead.
                              I'm sorry for my confusing English, but my brain doesn't work so good at the moment.
                              sigpic

Comment

Shame about the delay

OMG that is so frackin awesome!!!!!!!!!!! *dances*
                                *lol* Ich schlaf ja auch erst später, aber ich bin eben nicht so ganz auf der Höhe. *gggg*

Here is the signed contract for the SPARKY ship.

OMG, I was so nervous when I gave him the shirt, first it was fold up, because the table wasn't so big to spread the whole shirt over it. He said: "Ohuh, what's that...?", he looked up to me and I was just grinning , he looked on the shirt again and said "What's its saying!" (the phrase hopeless romantic he couldn't see) and I just thought 'now it's time to runaway and hide in the next corner ' So I helped him that he sees the "Hopeless Romantic" writing and I just wanted to beam me away.... He smiled, read out loud "Hopeless romantic" and chuckled a bit, looked at me (I had still my stupid smile on my face), finally he signed it, handed it to me and gave me that look again. Joe had to sign some other stuff for someone, which I had to carry with me and I waited and said again thank you. He said: Thank you! Gave me the stuff and he looked at me again and I was finally dead.
                                I'm sorry for my confusing English, but my brain doesn't work so good at the moment.
                                w00t!!!!!
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X