Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    Though I kind of dread the thought of Torri reading all the silliness that goes on in here sometimes.
    *giggles* Hey, at least you weren't making fart jokes right when she showed up!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

*jumping around* lalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

*steps up to microphone*

Hi!

New here, clearly. I debated for a few weeks whether or not to join in conversations. I finally caved in. Not much for the sqeeing stuff, though so I'll sit by and wait for some good character discussions. There's been some marvelous insight on my favorite pair and I find myself looking for the little details while watching the show.

Not unfamiliar with these places, either. (Though on my "other board" I have seniority ...I shipped Trip/T'Pol and was very disappointed in what I got. Be careful what you wish for!!) I'm particularly interested in well-written fanfic. My attention span is amazingly short, though, so the shorter the fic the better!

k, is that good enough for a first post?
        I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Okay thread... follow my instructions.

Breath in. Breath out. Repeat. As with all internet contact treat any new contact with respect but with security and distance. Lots of people make outragious claims and unless there is confirmation I think there should be a lot more calm.

Even if it is Torri... if you like her to stick around than don't scare her off. Don't go gooshy, don't flood her with PMs, or links. If this is really TH, let the poor woman explore the fandom to her own tastes and let us all not be a bunch of 2nd graders dragging their favorite aunt around to see their new puppies in one room and their cool skate board inanother.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            Even if it is Torri... if you like her to stick around than don't scare her off. Don't go gooshy, don't flood her with PMs, or links. If this is really TH, let the poor woman explore the fandom to her own tastes and let us all not be a bunch of 2nd graders dragging their favorite aunt around to see their new puppies in one room and their cool skate board inanother.
            Well said, and GREAT advice!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              *giggles* Hey, at least you weren't making fart jokes right when she showed up!
              LOL, well... I'm just glad she wasn't around when I made the desk joke this morning.

I guess it's time to be on our best behavior?
              ~Athena

Comment

There's like HUNDREDS of ppl in the character threads... heh.

Heh, I like the new sig MF, oh high System Lord. *bows* It reminds me of that Xover fic of WW/SGA, what was it called again? Oh, yeah Revelation
                ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

LOL, well... I'm just glad she wasn't around when I made the desk joke this morning.

I guess it's time to be on our best behavior?
                  she may have been lurking. Never know, maybe the desk stuff was what finally drew her out. I know I've always lurked at forums for quite awhile before I ever post. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    she may have been lurking. Never know, maybe the desk stuff was what finally drew her out. I know I've always lurked at forums for quite awhile before I ever post. *LOL*
                    Too true - I read the forums here for well over a year before I even registered.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                      There's like HUNDREDS of ppl in the character threads... heh.

Heh, I like the new sig MF, oh high System Lord. *bows* It reminds me of that Xover fic of WW/SGA, what was it called again? Oh, yeah Revelation
                      *hides* I'm working on it, I'm working on it! MF's doing a good job with the prodding.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
                        Thank you, I take lazy man's credit for the West Gate fics because I help Mel plot them

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          That's true I lurked for about a year, before even posting on GW. Oh, well... Just don't offer her mints... FP. At least not right away.
                          ~Athena

Comment

I just have to say that the two of you are doing an EXCELLENT job on that. Pac Rim was what got me to post in this crazy place and I LOVE IT!!! Plus it made me bust out the Sports Night DVDs I got. I miss Sorkin . But yay for your Xover
                            ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

That's true I lurked for about a year, before even posting on GW. Oh, well... Just don't offer her mints... FP. At least not right away.
                              At least don't explain the mints.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                At least don't explain the mints.
                                My lips will be sealed for that... since Mel reminded me that I was heavily involved in that as well.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X