• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleh, reality shows...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      So, it's not just here then. I don't know if that's sad or reassuring. And don't get me started on History books. Any recent ones I've seen have made me shudder. There are more ways to get information than ever with all the cable channels and so forth, yet young people are less informed than ever. But I'm willing to bet they can name all the Kardasians and know who Honey Boo Boo is. I may hurl.
      "May" hurl? More like WILL hurl. The lows society has sunk to is just obscene.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Bleh, reality shows...
      And that's a really big part of the problem. Most people are watching that garbage instead of paying attention to the important things.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I think Honey Boo Boo is one of those child beauty pageant stars. I think that's just sad and disturbing what they do to those kids (I've read about it - never watched the show).

Which is not to say that Southern Red is incorrect.
        *waves* Hiya stranger. I saw you over on the movie thread where I am lurking. Don't get me started on pageant kids. I would put that in the category of child abuse, and I don't care who that offends.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*waves* Hiya stranger. I saw you over on the movie thread where I am lurking.
          Hiya! *waves back* Yeah, I popped in to discuss the movies, and then I've just been bouncing around the forum the last few days causing trouble. (Well, not too much I hope. )

Don't get me started on pageant kids. I would put that in the category of child abuse, and I don't care who that offends.
          Oh yeah I agree 100%. It's sickening.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah I agree 100%. It's sickening.
            I know what you mean. If I have anything to say about it my niece will NEVER EVER be entered in one.

She'll be too busy watching the History Channel, Stargate or Star Wars with me anyway.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hiya! *waves back* Yeah, I popped in to discuss the movies, and then I've just been bouncing around the forum the last few days causing trouble. (Well, not too much I hope. )
              But but but...we live for trouble!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              I know what you mean. If I have anything to say about it my niece will NEVER EVER be entered in one.

She'll be too busy watching the History Channel, Stargate or Star Wars with me anyway.
              Just make sure when she's watching the History Channel to stay away from Pawn Stars and the rest of their own reality crap.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Vikings on the History Channel - although maybe she's too young right now cause, while not as bloody as Game of Thrones, there are occasional warnings for extreme violence (although I think the scene with the Blood Eagle was done in a way that softened the violent act, the director did a perfect job at it), sex and gore.

And I still want to be a Viking when I grow up - just like Lagertha!

Comment

Vikings on the History Channel - although maybe she's too young right now cause, while not as bloody as Game of Thrones, there are occasional warnings for extreme violence (although I think the scene with the Blood Eagle was done in a way that softened the violent act, the director did a perfect job at it), sex and gore.

We started watching that because…well…we love us some Vikings, but it turned into a big soap opera with dirty costumes to us, so we stopped.

I think all those cable channels, SyFy included, must make their money from the reality programs. And that makes me sad for the world. Though, I will admit, my guilty pleasure is "Say Yes to the Dress, Atlanta" and anything having to do with house hunting. There's a newish one called "Love It or List It Too" that's set in Vancouver. Wow, are home prices high up there. Holy moley.
                  sigpic

Comment

Shows dealing houses put on sale or being redone before going on sale - yes, we watch those too. Just to get ideas about the things we will never have money for...

Comment

Shows dealing houses put on sale or being redone before going on sale - yes, we watch those too. Just to get ideas about the things we will never have money for...
                      I do it just to yell at the stupid people who complain so much and what you said. I've heard they are all fake, but who cares. I just want to see the houses. Of course, living where I do, I always see fabulous houses that cost half what mine would sell for in some other city and tell Mr. SR all about them later.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hope you're all having a better day than I am; car started funny this morning and had this weird shake to it when idling, then a check engine light popped up. It's now at the dealer getting serviced.

Hee! My dad watches Vikings!

We started watching that because…well…we love us some Vikings, but it turned into a big soap opera with dirty costumes to us, so we stopped.

I think all those cable channels, SyFy included, must make their money from the reality programs. And that makes me sad for the world. Though, I will admit, my guilty pleasure is "Say Yes to the Dress, Atlanta" and anything having to do with house hunting. There's a newish one called "Love It or List It Too" that's set in Vancouver. Wow, are home prices high up there. Holy moley.
                        Yup, they're totally making money off the reality shows. And sad for the world doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. Ugh. I've all but given up and mostly watch the movie channels.

Or to give us ideas for tweaks for the next house.

I do it just to yell at the stupid people who complain so much and what you said. I've heard they are all fake, but who cares. I just want to see the houses. Of course, living where I do, I always see fabulous houses that cost half what mine would sell for in some other city and tell Mr. SR all about them later.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Just make sure when she's watching the History Channel to stay away from Pawn Stars and the rest of their own reality crap.
                          If I have my way the only reality show she'd be allowed to watch is American Pickers. Those two and the people they visit remind me too much of my grandpa. We still have a lot of his goodies and the stories to go with them.

Sounds like the director may have been a fan of Highlander:The Series. Lots of Immortals being beheaded without ever seeing a head roll.

Have yet to get into watching it, although it should appeal to a Mandalorian fan like me. Vikings are just about Mandalorians without the blasters and spaceships.

For some reason, I could just see John and Elizabeth trying to explain that time period to Ronon and then have to pry him away from watching it to go on missions.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

If I have my way the only reality show she'd be allowed to watch is American Pickers. Those two and the people they visit remind me too much of my grandpa. We still have a lot of his goodies and the stories to go with them.
                            Heh!

Sounds like the director may have been a fan of Highlander:The Series. Lots of Immortals being beheaded without ever seeing a head roll.

Have yet to get into watching it, although it should appeal to a Mandalorian fan like me. Vikings are just about Mandalorians without the blasters and spaceships.

For some reason, I could just see John and Elizabeth trying to explain that time period to Ronon and then have to pry him away from watching it to go on missions.
                            OMG. Someone MUST write fic of this!

Comment

When I mentioned the Blood Eagle being portrayed less violent and horrifying than it could have been, I didn't say we didn't get to see what it is. I mean, they did leave a little to the imagination but the fact that the one undergoing the Blood Eagle couldn't scream as he would not be able to go to Walhalla helped. Jarl Borg kept his tongue, but it wasn't any less bloody. However, photography wise it was light just right, the scoring was perfect and the motions of the actors were brilliant.

For anyone interesting in knowing what exactly a Blood Eagle is, follow the link (wiki-link, not the link to the scene in Vikings).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X