No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again, everyone! Work is being INSANE! And tomorrow night will be an all nighter. Wish me luck that things go smoothly tomorrow night (aka Thursday night).

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Glad you're okay now, JT-2.

*Sends electric blankets & generator*

I'm crossing my fingers all the freezing rain we're supposed to get Tuesday night here in Ohio ends up being not so bad.
    Thanks! We got more snow and now ice and sleet and just yuck.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Snow everywhere but here, makes me a sad little lemming.
    I'll mail you some.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    And here. I live in Florida.

Fic present! Oneshot, takes place in S3, after TRW.

Spoiler:
    John glanced at the pile of completed reports on the floor next to his bed and smiled with pride. Finally, all the paperwork from this past week was done. He had even gotten a head start on a few reviews that weren't due until next week, but once his eyelids started drooping more than the coffee could compensate for, he decided it was time to call it a night.

A flash of lightning illuminated part of the room. The storm had rolled in a few hours ago, moving slowly across the ocean. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the eventful storm they had experienced their first year here, and the city seemed to absorb the physical effects from it. All things considered, the city-ship floating in the ocean ironically was the safest place to be during a tropical storm.

The thunder rumbled, quickly followed by another lightning strike. This one was closer, yet the city was in no danger due to the Ancient version of lightning rods that were installed atop the highest towers.

John craned his head to the side, looking for a safe place to put the papers so he wouldn't trip on them and send them flying unceremoniously across the room in the middle of the night. His seldom used desk seemed to be the best option.

He reached down to pick them up and carried them over, then groaned.

Another stack of papers lay on the desk, these older than the pile in his hands.

John grunted. "Just my luck."

Then the doorbell chirped.

He frowned. Who the heck would be knocking at his door at one in the morning, much less still awake? Atlantis operated with a skeleton crew overnight, but even if an emergency had arisen they would have called him over the comms.

His paperwork landed with a light thud next to the "in" pile.

He moved to the door sensor and swiped his hand over it.

A familiar red shirt appeared on the other side, holding a tablet computer against her chest.

"Elizabeth?"

"Hi John. I'm sorry to bother you."

"It's okay, I was still up."

"I know." When he raised an eyebrow, she added hastily, "I saw your lights on from the tower."

"Ah, gotcha."

Which he really didn't. How did she know exactly which windows belonged to him?

He quickly dismissed the thoughts of Elizabeth being a stalker. "You're still up, too?"

She took the tablet and held it out. "Paperwork."

"How come yours is on a computer and mine is actually on paper?"

"Smithfield hand writes their team reports. Don't ask me why. We requested a scanner on Daedalus' next supplies run." She bit her lip. "So from now on, I think it's safe to only use your tablet."

"I'll keep that in mind," he murmured as his head turned to search the room. "If I can find it."

After a silent second, Elizabeth shook her head. "Anyhow, it's late, and you're probably about to go to sleep, so I shouldn't have bothered you. I'm sorry."

"Wait," John replied, holding up a hand. "You never did tell me what you needed."

Elizabeth sighed, dropping her head. "It's nothing."

"Elizabeth? It's a pretty good hike from your office over here, even with transporters. Whatever you came for must've been important."

Another lightning strike hit close by, probably deflected by the rods, but it still made Elizabeth jump.

And then it hit John. She didn't want to be alone.

"The storm?"

She nodded. "Yes," she breathed in relief. She chuckled harshly, then looked back up to him. "You know what I need, John? I need to not be afraid of a little lightning storm like a toddler. I need to be able to go to sleep without having nightmares. Do you have any idea what it's like to be released from living one hell just to start reliving another?"

John didn't answer directly; he just brought a hand to his face and covered his mouth. He shook his head in pity.

"In any case, I'm sorry I dropped all of this on you. I'll let you get some sleep."

"But you won't," John responded, causing her to stop moving.

Green eyes looked up and met his sympathetic hazel ones.

"I don't want you feeling sorry for me," Elizabeth said quietly.

"I don't. I empathize. Remember, you're talking to someone with more than a few black marks on his record."

She smiled slightly.

"Come on in," John said, backing away from the door and giving her room to enter.

She hesitated for a moment, then followed him.

"As it turns out, I have a whole other stack of paperwork that I was blissfully unaware of until five minutes ago. So if you wanna keep me company while I finish it, you're more than welcome to."

"And if I fall asleep and start to have a nightmare?"

"Then I'll wake you up and remind you that it was a nightmare and this is real. Okay?"

Elizabeth nodded. "Okay."

She sat down in the chair in between his bed and his desk. About five minutes in, she pulled her legs underneath her.

The next time John looked over at her, her shoulders were slumped and her head was resting on the back of the chair.

Elizabeth didn't have one bad dream that night.
    Awesome story!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I'll mail you some.
      It will be scarred for life when it sees what winter is doing over here.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's been really foggy and cloudy in Florida this week. It's very depressing.

Comment

It's raining.... and I'm singing in the rain...

That singing-part isn't actually true since I'm listening to songs without text, and I'm redesigning one of my websites.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hmm, supposedly we should be getting some showers starting late this afternoon...I'll believe it when I see it.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Thanks! We got more snow and now ice and sleet and just yuck.
              You're welcome.

I'm depressed now. I heard at work we might get up to a foot of snow over the weekend. That's on top of 6 inches plus ice. I'm going to need a dog sled to get to work next week if that happens.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yeah, a boat isn't going to cut it...

Comment

Verdamnt polar vortex!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Verdamnt polar vortex!
                    What is this poor attempt at German?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*sends good weather vibes out to everyone*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        You're welcome.

I'm depressed now. I heard at work we might get up to a foot of snow over the weekend. That's on top of 6 inches plus ice. I'm going to need a dog sled to get to work next week if that happens.
                        Speaking of which, "Eight Below" was on USA Network while I was getting ready for work this morning. Between the dogs and Paul Walker, I was about to start crying.

On the plus side, I came home yesterday after work and slept 14 hours. Guess I needed it, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          What is this poor attempt at German?

Sorry. I'm just tired of the polar vortex.
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*sends good weather vibes out to everyone*
                            Morning! Er....well actually afternoon. Your good weather vibes seem to be working, it's actually sunny out
                            sigpic
                            Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I just got my 4-day badge for Comic-Con San Diego! Whoo Hoo! *does a victory dance*

Originally posted by yachikins View Post
                              Morning! Er....well actually afternoon. Your good weather vibes seem to be working, it's actually sunny out
                              Hooray, glad to know that! Hopefully the good weather will continue!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I just got my 4-day badge for Comic-Con San Diego! Whoo Hoo! *does a victory dance*
                                Good for you! I would love to hear from you what was the most exciting thing that happened there

(and the obligatory Sparky picture )
                                Last edited by zbir; 09 February 2014, 03:07 AM. Reason: to add picture
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X