No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next week we will begin our ’The Siege’ watch with lots of great Sparky moments including a lot more eye!sex scene and a hug that TPTB kept calling nothing but anyone who saw it knows that it was defiantly something + a promise is made between our favorite couple and while they won’t always be able to keep it they will use it as an excuse to always try and be in each others presence.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      They probably don't have it. We should just be honest about it.

I might be back next week, long weekend with monday off.
      Nah, they definitely don't have it. So much the better for us.

Yay for 3-day weekend! Hope you can make it for The Siege!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yay for 3-day weekend! Hope you can make it for The Siege!
        Possibly 4-days since I'm going to ask friday off from work.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi, I'm back and boy was The Avengers great. The humor was just the best. Joss Whedon is still the man. Then we had dinner at a sidewalk cafe and enjoyed some prime people watching. Does nobody look in a mirror before they leave home anymore? Trust me ladies, if you are over 18 and weigh more than 110 lbs, you should probably not be wearing spandex and/or a skirt more than 6 inches above the knees. Just a bit of free advice.

You guys did a great job on the postathon. You reminded me of back when it was first shown that a few people thought Rodney was serious when he said he and Kate were dating, and for a very short time a ship was born. LOL I think there were even a few fics. OMG.

*looks around for FH* Though that would have made more sense than McKeller. At least it would have been age appropriate.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Possibly 4-days since I'm going to ask friday off from work.
            Awesomesauce!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Hi, I'm back and boy was The Avengers great. The humor was just the best. Joss Whedon is still the man. Then we had dinner at a sidewalk cafe and enjoyed some prime people watching. Does nobody look in a mirror before they leave home anymore? Trust me ladies, if you are over 18 and weigh more than 110 lbs, you should probably not be wearing spandex and/or a skirt more than 6 inches above the knees. Just a bit of free advice.
            OMG.

As to the Avengers, yeah I have to say that Marvel-verse snark is WAY better than DC-verse snark. Glad you liked the movie!

You guys did a great job on the postathon. You reminded me of back when it was first shown that a few people thought Rodney was serious when he said he and Kate were dating, and for a very short time a ship was born. LOL I think there were even a few fics. OMG.

*looks around for FH* Though that would have made more sense than McKeller. At least it would have been age appropriate.
            *snickers*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Though that would have made more sense than McKeller. At least it would have been age appropriate.

I'm curious. Why do you think McKeller is not age-appropriate? Keller is a grown woman, she is not a teenager. I thought she was in her late twenties on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                I'm curious. Why do you think McKeller is not age-appropriate? Keller is a grown woman, she is not a teenager. I thought she was in her late twenties on the show.
                Uh, if she is indeed in her late twenties and Rodney is 40, then that is very age inappropriate. But it's common in show business to hook the guy up with a much younger woman. They did it with Sheppard and Mara in The Tower. That actress was only about 23. It's my personal opinion of course, but I'm not the only one. If you had been around here back in the day, you would have seen many discussions about this very subject.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                  Uh, if she is indeed in her late twenties and Rodney is 40, then that is very age inappropriate. But it's common in show business to hook the guy up with a much younger woman. They did it with Sheppard and Mara in The Tower. That actress was only about 23. It's my personal opinion of course, but I'm not the only one. If you had been around here back in the day, you would have seen many discussions about this very subject.
                  Yeah, basically Hollywood likes catering to the male demographic, which supposedly goes in for the young hawt thang (and don't seem to pay attention to the fact that many real life relationships where one is significantly older than the other tend to not work out all that well) and mostly throws more mature actresses under the bus. Though to hear Joe Flanigan talk, he apparently agrees with us that such a viewpoint is totally skeevy and just downright unfair, because there are lots of hawt older women out there for the older guys.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yeah, basically Hollywood likes catering to the male demographic, which supposedly goes in for the young hawt thang (and don't seem to pay attention to the fact that many real life relationships where one is significantly older than the other tend to not work out all that well) and mostly throws more mature actresses under the bus. Though to hear Joe Flanigan talk, he apparently agrees with us that such a viewpoint is totally skeevy and just downright unfair, because there are lots of hawt older women out there for the older guys.
                    So true. Wouldn't you love to see Joe in a movie with Michelle Pheiffer?

I did my duty and watched The Gift. I love how in tune John and Liz are in that one. They have whole conversations without saying a word. I also love how John is the one who thinks Teyla should go ahead with contacting the Wraith, but Elizabeth is the cautious one. I'm sorry I missed my chance to snark at how Teyla was still suffering effects from her bout of John disillusion syndrome that she contracted in LFP. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everybody!

SK, you spoke too soon about not letting family annoy me ... Grr ... But I think I'm gonna save that for an LJ rant.

Haven't had time to watch "The Gift" this time around, but I love this snippy scene between John and Elizabeth:

I like to use it in videos once in a while.

Speaking of which, still compiling moments for the Season One Eye!sex Video. Any contributions to make from "The Gift"?

Comment

So true. Wouldn't you love to see Joe in a movie with Michelle Pheiffer?
                        Hmm, that could be fun!

I did my duty and watched The Gift. I love how in tune John and Liz are in that one. They have whole conversations without saying a word. I also love how John is the one who thinks Teyla should go ahead with contacting the Wraith, but Elizabeth is the cautious one. I'm sorry I missed my chance to snark at how Teyla was still suffering effects from her bout of John disillusion syndrome that she contracted in LFP. LOL
                        Indeed. How interesting that Lizzeh is the one who's all worried about Teyla's health and sanity in this one. BFFs, don'tcha know.

Teyla seems to really be having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that while John may have the genes of the revered Ancestors, he doesn't think/act like them... or rather, he doesn't think/act how she believes they would think/act, which is to say, how she would think/act. It's unfortunate that she just can't seem to put aside her prejudice and accept him for how he is, because all she ends up doing is hurting herself. And then John will just have to send her to Kate again. Oh wait, we like that part. *grins at Falcon Horus*

Comment

Hello everyone and happy Monday.

I went to the hairdresser today and I ended up cutting of a big part of my hair, it feels crazy.

Uh, if she is indeed in her late twenties and Rodney is 40, then that is very age inappropriate.
                          I was always under the impression that she was supposed to be even younger then that but then again, just because the actor is a certain age (and Jewel was 24 – 25 when she did SGA) that doesn’t mean that the character they play is the same age. But I do feel that there was a pretty big age difference there, heck even the woman who Keller changed body with in ‘Identity’ asked John if it was true. So age-vise she did seem to be more age appropriate with Ronan since Jason is I think like 9-10 years younger, but I dunno, since the only one you know how old they were is Ford I guess it’s not something we should think about.

But it's common in show business to hook the guy up with a much younger woman. They did it with Sheppard and Mara in The Tower. That actress was only about 23. It's my personal opinion of course, but I'm not the only one. If you had been around here back in the day, you would have seen many discussions about this very subject.
                          That’s the craziness that is showbiz and it’s weird and wrong, it’s also interesting because the opposite wouldn’t work either (and by that I mean an older woman and a younger man), it’s downright odd most of the time and especially since you then get stuck with the weirdest pairings sometimes and by that I don’t mean that there is anything wrong with the actors just that sometimes there are things that would have worked better if they were more at the same wavelength.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Speaking of which, still compiling moments for the Season One Eye!sex Video. Any contributions to make from "The Gift"?
                            There was a lot of Sparky goodness in ’The Gift’ here are some of my favorite eye!sex moments.

sigpic

Comment

You reminded me of back when it was first shown that a few people thought Rodney was serious when he said he and Kate were dating, and for a very short time a ship was born. LOL I think there were even a few fics. OMG.
                              This is true. There are fics out there, not many though.

It would indeed have made more sense... I'm not fan of it though.

Teyla seems to really be having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that while John may have the genes of the revered Ancestors, he doesn't think/act like them... or rather, he doesn't think/act how she believes they would think/act, which is to say, how she would think/act. It's unfortunate that she just can't seem to put aside her prejudice and accept him for how he is, because all she ends up doing is hurting herself. And then John will just have to send her to Kate again. Oh wait, we like that part. *grins at Falcon Horus*
                              Yes, we do.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Good morning, everybody!

SK, you spoke too soon about not letting family annoy me ... Grr ... But I think I'm gonna save that for an LJ rant.

Haven't had time to watch "The Gift" this time around, but I love this snippy scene between John and Elizabeth:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/..._118_596-1.jpg

I like to use it in videos once in a while.

Oh my goodness yes, there are tons of them. I'll just see if I can find some screenshots.

Spoiler:

At the conference table.

I think these 2 were at the same time, but may have come later. This was a long eyesex moment that I know I have used in just about every vid.

Then they're talking in the hall.

This is when they are in the infirmary watching Teyla. Not exactly eyesex but just a beautiful shot of them.

Discussing the situation.

United as always. I wonder if they realized this scene mirrors the scene with the Queen in Allies?

Ignoring Rodney

This was a long conversation with no words.

Rodney knew just where to go when he couldn't find them anywhere else.

Worried John looks to her for an answer

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X