Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread is slow today!

Is there a free convention where you get free transport to the location that it's being held at, with only appearences from TH and JF who have promised to answer every shippy question thrown at them?

Cos I didn't hear about it!

Maybe a photo will get us talking!

It's so true that she's photogenic.

Comment

Originally posted by leafy
      Wow, this thread is slow today!

Is there a free convention where you get free transport to the location that it's being held at, with only appearences from TH and JF who have promised to answer every shippy question thrown at them?

Cos I didn't hear about it!
      Now that would be nice! I can't wait to see Torri, but it's still disappointing that Joe won't be here.. I hope people bombard her with Shep/Weir questions. I bet there'll be plenty of people who've seen or at least heard about certain events in season 2!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        Now that would be nice! I can't wait to see Torri, but it's still disappointing that Joe won't be here.. I hope people bombard her with Shep/Weir questions. I bet there'll be plenty of people who've seen or at least heard about certain events in season 2!
        I wish that I could go to a convention with them both attending!
        Does anyone know when the next UK con is taking place?

A sudden thought occured to me...
        QUESTION: If you could ask TH or JF one shippy question what would it be and why?

I personally think that I would ask them to describe what they thought their characters feelings towards each other are.

Hopefully we would get some interesting answers!

Comment

Originally posted by leafy
          I wish that I could go to a convention with them both attending!
          Does anyone know when the next UK con is taking place?

A sudden thought occured to me...
          QUESTION: If you could ask TH or JF one shippy question what would it be and why?

I personally think that I would ask them to describe what they thought their characters feelings towards each other are.

Hopefully we would get some interesting answers!

Torri and Joe haven't done a con together yet, have they? I mean they haven't appeared on the same day.... whenever that happens, we'll all have to converge on the city --- where-ever that may be! Probably Vancouver, knowing my luck!!! Better get working on earning some money......

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            Torri and Joe haven't done a con together yet, have they? I mean they haven't appeared on the same day.... whenever that happens, we'll all have to converge on the city --- where-ever that may be! Probably Vancouver, knowing my luck!!! Better get working on earning some money......
            I believe Torri and Joe appeared at the Comic con of 2004 together, but that was pretty much the whole cast of Atlantis there. The thing with Comic Con you don't have as much time to ask them questions and that I think that the Comic Con last year was during the weekend SGA Premiered for the first time. So no one had really caught on on the Sheppard/Weir goodness yet.
            ~Athena

Comment

For those who might have missed Snoopoony's vid "Crash and Burn", I finally posted it up on the J/E site in the music video sections. Enjoy!

Crash and burn
              Created by: Snoopoony
              Song by: Savage Garden
              File Size: 8.67 mb
              Created: 10-14-05
              Spoilers: Up to Season 2, "Duets"
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Quick post from kiwigater in Shadow's thread - w/pics!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14346
                Wow, Torri looked great, she really should wear her hair shoulder-length suits her better... love her necklace I'm sooooo waiting for more reports and pics...
                it's so frustrating to be in Europe...cut away from the SGA World

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                  Wow, Torri looked great, she really should wear her hair shoulder-length suits her better... love her necklace I'm sooooo waiting for more reports and pics...
                  it's so frustrating to be in Europe...cut away from the SGA World
                  Wow! I just wheeled in from the Bama-Tennessee smashfest football game and I get back to find awesome Torri pics up from the con! Excellent! Can't wait to hear a report or two!~!! What a great weekend this has been !!! whoo hooo! Got to shake hands and speak to Sec. of State Condi Rice and British FM Jack Straw yesterday morning. Ol' Jack had a bit of a sense of humor and gave us big 'Roll Tides'. And man, what a heavy British accent-much more so than some other Brits I've met and his 'Roll Tides' were fun. LOL I know this is OT but it's too good not to share. Short story Condi Rice shared with us. She grew up in Birmingham, AL and attended the same church and was pals in the same class with the 3 little girls who died in the Birmingham Church bombing. She talked about how the Sunday that it happened that she didn't get to attend services due to illness and it most likely saved her life. As a result, she became an avid Civil Rights supporter and activist and is where she is today as perhaps one of the most powerful women in the world. I'm not a Rep. but it's a great story that has a great message. I had tears in my eyes watching the Vivian Malone tribute on the big screen in the stadium yesterday. She was the first black student ever admitted to a university in this state (Bama). She died last week. You guys just don't know how far my homestate has come since even my father's generation. It truly is something we need be proud of. As an avid historian, it gives me chills. Hope you guys didn't mind me sharing. I'm just hung over still from the excitement and late night and that great last play win over arch rival Tennessee!!!!!!! Roll Tide!

Now, back OT...those photos of Torri are awesome!!! She is truly a lovely woman. Love that longer hair like you guys say. Hope they don't chop it too short again. How anyone could look at her and say she's 'manly' or 'ugly' I have no clue. The chik is *all* woman. I just adore how *she* is bringing out the feminine side of Elizabeth regardless of what the script words are. She is a great example of using minimal dialogue to greatest effect. I love how she portrays worry and angst on her face without having to say a word. I love how she allows those 'extra' emotions for John to show in her eyes and her face and body movements. We get a lot with a little from Joe and Torri both and with a ship like this in an action/sci-fi oriented series, that ability to convey 'hints' and subtle emotions between them is very important in helping keep the ship viable when the storylines don't always focus on the two characters jointly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                    Wow! I just wheeled in from the Bama-Tennessee smashfest football game and I get back to find awesome Torri pics up from the con! Excellent! Can't wait to hear a report or two!~!! What a great weekend this has been !!! whoo hooo! Got to shake hands and speak to Sec. of State Condi Rice and British FM Jack Straw yesterday morning. Ol' Jack had a bit of a sense of humor and gave us big 'Roll Tides'. And man, what a heavy British accent-much more so than some other Brits I've met and his 'Roll Tides' were fun. LOL I know this is OT but it's too good not to share. Short story Condi Rice shared with us. She grew up in Birmingham, AL and attended the same church and was pals in the same class with the 3 little girls who died in the Birmingham Church bombing. She talked about how the Sunday that it happened that she didn't get to attend services due to illness and it most likely saved her life. As a result, she became an avid Civil Rights supporter and activist and is where she is today as perhaps one of the most powerful women in the world. I'm not a Rep. but it's a great story that has a great message. I had tears in my eyes watching the Vivian Malone tribute on the big screen in the stadium yesterday. She was the first black student ever admitted to a university in this state (Bama). She died last week. You guys just don't know how far my homestate has come since even my father's generation. It truly is something we need be proud of. As an avid historian, it gives me chills. Hope you guys didn't mind me sharing. I'm just hung over still from the excitement and late night and that great last play win over arch rival Tennessee!!!!!!! Roll Tide!
                    Hey Bama, sound like you had fun and glad you're back! I've never been to a college football game personally, but I went to see a pro game once, (Cowboys VS Redskins) and I like watching football better in person than on tv. So do you just like college or college and pro?

Now, back OT...those photos of Torri are awesome!!! She is truly a lovely woman. Love that longer hair like you guys say. Hope they don't chop it too short again. How anyone could look at her and say she's 'manly' or 'ugly' I have no clue. The chik is *all* woman. I just adore how *she* is bringing out the feminine side of Elizabeth regardless of what the script words are. She is a great example of using minimal dialogue to greatest effect. I love how she portrays worry and angst on her face without having to say a word. I love how she allows those 'extra' emotions for John to show in her eyes and her face and body movements. We get a lot with a little from Joe and Torri both and with a ship like this in an action/sci-fi oriented series, that ability to convey 'hints' and subtle emotions between them is very important in helping keep the ship viable when the storylines don't always focus on the two characters jointly.
                    I think the longer hair suits her, and we wouldn't want it too short, I mean I just love all her hair, she's just gorgeous and in those pics, I can't believe she has no make up, OMG she looks amazing without! I noticed that with her eyes she displays emotions very well, which I think makes her performance even better.
                    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

[Shameless Vid plug]

I tried very hard to resist this vid bunny, but as a lot of people know, I have no will power against these S/W bunnies. So I succumbed yet again and made a vid.

But how could I resist a song that suggests that John and Elizabeth probably do love each other.

Probably
                      Created by: AthenaKTT
                      Song by: Lisa Loeb
                      File Size: 10.2 mb
                      Created on: 10-23-05
                      Spoilers:Up until Season 2, "The Lost Boys"
                      Comments: Is there something going on between Sheppard and Weir? Probably...

[/end Shameless plug]
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                        [Shameless Vid plug]

I tried very hard to resist this vid bunny, but as a lot of people know, I have no will power against these S/W bunnies. So I succumbed yet again and made a vid.

But how could I resist a song that suggests that John and Elizabeth probably do love each other.

Probably

[/end Shameless plug]
                        OMG! Shameless plug ANYTIME YOU WANT! That vid is terrific!!!! IMO, it is *perfect* for 'where' John and Elizabeth are right now. Questioning themselves and their motivations in regard to the other one...wondering about those feelings and unable to put a finger on what it is about the other that makes them react to them so strongly and so differently from everyone else around them. Loved it! It's going in my save folder beside Vix's last one!!! Love, love it! So much of a vid is the song choice and that one is great for this ship's status right now. Not too mushy-not too happy or sad but just the right amount of confusion and questioning that still assures that there's a special 'something' that makes these two react like fire to each other.

wonderful job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                          OMG! Shameless plug ANYTIME YOU WANT! That vid is terrific!!!! IMO, it is *perfect* for 'where' John and Elizabeth are right now. Questioning themselves and their motivations in regard to the other one...wondering about those feelings and unable to put a finger on what it is about the other that makes them react to them so strongly and so differently from everyone else around them. Loved it! It's going in my save folder beside Vix's last one!!! Love, love it! So much of a vid is the song choice and that one is great for this ship's status right now. Not too mushy-not too happy or sad but just the right amount of confusion and questioning that still assures that there's a special 'something' that makes these two react like fire to each other.

wonderful job!!
                          Thanks Bama!

When I heard this song on my playlist, I knew I just had to make this into a Sheppard/Weir vid. It just too perfect for them right now.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            [Shameless Vid plug]

Probably

[/end Shameless plug]
                            Oh, wow, I love this! It's going up there with "Good Friend to Me" on my favorite vids list.

I especially liked how you switch between John and Elizabeth's point of view - great vid!
                            ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                            The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Hey yall, I had a weird idea concerning werewolves in fic (it's yall's fault I have it ) and it basically could fit for any ship, but I'll share shep/weir with yall. Well, my idea is that both Liz and John (in and AU, that keeps popping up in here) are werewolves and keep it as a secret and they're dating. They also don't know if they can trust each other with the secret, so that's the basic plot, you can pretty much do whatever you want with it, and that's my idea, what do yall think?

Oh, concerning AUs, I found an interesting one recently, it doesn't really have any actual ships, unless you count one side is in lovve with the other, in this one specifically Rodney is a mad scientist who seems to be planning on kidnapping Liz, and John is this cool spy that was sent ot protect her, it's really weird, but interesting. Pegasus Spy by Charlania
                              McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                              McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                              My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted yet but it's from Joe's thread on TLG:

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                                Spoiler:
                                Long Goodbye: Alien combatants look to settle an ancient score by using Weir and Sheppard as pawns.

I really can't wait for this episode!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X