Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    The only thing that stands in the way here is personal ethics. And as Bama has said, those feelings are there whether there are actions to back them up or not. So the fear that emotions will get in the way of decision-making seems kind of silly to me, because even if Elizabeth and John were to decide that they can't pursue a relationship because it might affect their objectivity, the feelings that could result in subjectivity would still be there. And it seems that Elizabeth doesn't necessarily have a problem with being close to her inner circle, or even, as we saw in Intruder, with having a significant other under her command.
    ITA with you and Bama! It's a nice idea that Elizabeth and John would decide to not pursue a relationship because of the professional implications but as we have already seen on the show neither are averse to revealing how emotional attachments guide their decisions about people. Neither Elizabeth or John have chosen to be emotionally isolated from those around them. They'd both go the extra mile and then some for McKay, Teyla, Beckett, and as we have already seen Ford - no doubt others as well - so why draw a line in the sand when it comes to each other? They have equally both shown the ability to make hard decisions when necessary. I would think it better, if there were strong feelings between them to openly admit and deal with them rather than suppress them and potentially make less professional decisions as a result. People will speculate anyway so end the gossip and accusations and have things in the open with rules of conduct established.
    ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
    FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by ~beach chick~
      HAHAHA!!!!! I laughed when I read this. I wonder what they think. Hmmmmmm........
      Maybe that we are cleverer than they thought, bc we figured out they are there

apropos doctoral research... I definitely will take something Stargate Atlantis-centered for my diplom/Bachelor-work in Film-School
      Last edited by Dorka; 08 December 2005, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        Oh my Gawd. . .someone took the mint jar into the Mod Staff Meeting!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
          ITA with you and Bama! It's a nice idea that Elizabeth and John would decide to not pursue a relationship because of the professional implications but as we have already seen on the show neither are averse to revealing how emotional attachments guide their decisions about people. Neither Elizabeth or John have chosen to be emotionally isolated from those around them. They'd both go the extra mile and then some for McKay, Teyla, Beckett, and as we have already seen Ford - no doubt others as well - so why draw a line in the sand when it comes to each other? They have equally both shown the ability to make hard decisions when necessary. I would think it better, if there were strong feelings between them to openly admit and deal with them rather than suppress them and potentially make less professional decisions as a result. People will speculate anyway so end the gossip and accusations and have things in the open with rules of conduct established.
          You are so right, but I don't think John is real good at dealing with emotions. Ford and McKay don't scare him like Elizabeth does. Watching him deal with his little buddy Ford has been such a treat. He's gone from tolerant to protective to attempting to relate to him on a more personal level and not just as a superior officer. Desperate to save him, he's pulled anything out of his hat that he can think of. With McKay it's been more subtle but there none the less. Their banter is male bonding at its best, and when McKay asked John to trust him John went against his better judgement and did. And then in The Lost Boys
          Spoiler:
          John was very consoling when Rodney wasn't thinking straight.
          When my husband wants to annoy me he says that there's much more of an attraction between John and Rodney than with either of the women. Okay, you slashers. Back off. I have a spork and I'm not afraid to use it. Now on to Elizabeth. The usual male/male relationship tricks aren't going to work with her. Besides she scares the poo out of him. Random space sluts he can handle. Knows exactly what to do. Notice how in Epiphany
          Spoiler:
          he dropped all thoughts of Neera like a hot rock and seems to have forgotten her. Do we honestly think he's lying awake nights remembering their time together? She comforted him when he was hurt, and he would have stayed with her under her terms. He saw his new life with the hippies as just another bizarre turn in the John Sheppard story. There was some talk about the meaning behind his beard on another site. Simple, IMHO, new life, new look. But when his friends showed up, it's right back to Atlantis, and there was Elizabeth waiting to be dealt with.
          I'm rambling I know but heading to a point. That being she is like no other woman he has ever had a relationship with on any galaxy. Not to be toyed with and left. Though it does look like he's the one who often gets left behind. Hmmm. John suppresses the really important feelings for a living, so if anything comes out in the open it will have to be forced. He wants to get close to her and does, but he's afraid of the fire.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Finally I made a TLG-Wallpaper so...Spoiler-Warning!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Oh my Gawd. . .someone took the mint jar into the Mod Staff Meeting!

ROFL!

Did you notice that there's a giant jug behind her? I wonder what she keeps in that... Extras? It would be tragic if she ran out.
              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                Where is the necklace Liz always wore? I mean the silver one, not the one Simon gave her (actually he *didn't* gave it to her bc it was kinda like an AU).
                Actually, if I recall it is canon that he gave it to her. I remember reading that there was originally going to be a scene in Rising where he gave it to her, but it got cut. Or something along those lines.

Elizabeth thinks you guys are crazy!

OMG, that pic is just plain adorable.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

<snip>

And it seems that Elizabeth doesn't necessarily have a problem with being close to her inner circle, or even, as we saw in Intruder, with having a significant other under her command.
                  Mel, this was a fantastic post with excellent points, not least the latter point (^^). It's a point that doesn't seemed to be mentioned around here much and i hope that TPTB/Elizabeth don't forget it either. That she wanted to have a relationship with her subordinate and that nobody objected to him coming aboard (even tho there's nothing to object to).

Comment

Hi everyone. This has probably been discussed before but I haven't been here for a while and due to my VERY slow internet connection I'm not going go over past posts.
                    I was watching sci-fi and saw the previews for the new season. And I saw
                    Spoiler:
                    The Kiss.
                    Now I think it is safe to assume this happens in TLG. Am I the only one who is both excited and disapointed about this?
                    Spoiler:
                    I remember a discussion a while back and almost everyone agreed they did not want the first kiss to be because of Alien Influence. Yet thet is where TPTB are going. Did they not learn from SG-1 and X-Files?
                    I had hoped they wouild handle this ship differently but now I wonder if were in for a repeat of the past.
                    What is everybody elses opinion?

Spoiler:
                    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                      Did you notice that there's a giant jug behind her? I wonder what she keeps in that... Extras? It would be tragic if she ran out.
                      Elizabeth: Oh dear god, i ran out of batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                        Elizabeth: Oh dear god, i ran out of batteries!
                        ROFL!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Sally, you are an awful, awful person. Please, don't ever change. Incidentally, have you thought about compiling your fic recs over in your LJ? That'd make your journal an awesome resource for Shep/Weir shippers.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                            Hi everyone. This has probably been discussed before but I haven't been here for a while and due to my VERY slow internet connection I'm not going go over past posts.
                            I was watching sci-fi and saw the previews for the new season. And I saw
                            Spoiler:
                            The Kiss.
                            Now I think it is safe to assume this happens in TLG. Am I the only one who is both excited and disapointed about this?
                            Spoiler:
                            I remember a discussion a while back and almost everyone agreed they did not want the first kiss to be because of Alien Influence. Yet thet is where TPTB are going. Did they not learn from SG-1 and X-Files?
                            I had hoped they wouild handle this ship differently but now I wonder if were in for a repeat of the past.
                            What is everybody elses opinion?
                            I'm much more excited aboout this than i thought i would be bc of the other spoilers that have come out.

Yes it IS from TLG. A girl bought the script from an auction and posted spoilers over at LJ...then the next day, people started seeing the preview.

Bc i'd hate for you to miss out bc off techno!stuff, i'm re-posting TLG spoilers which show why so many of us have changed our minds about an
                            Spoiler:
                            AI kiss.

John, before he allows Halan's consciousness to enter his body: "You do know they were husband and wife. Anything could happen."

Yet, he still goes ahead with it. Wonder why?

...and the clincher...

Then Halan says this to Phoebus about John and Elizabeth, as Halan and Phoebus are evidently aware of their hosts' thoughts and feelings – this is his rationale for why Phoebus/Elizabeth can't kill Halan/John: "He cares for you more than you know. If you kill me, you're killing him."

Most importantly, at no point in this does John deny this (as far as we know)

You can get the rest of the spoilers here

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              I'm much more excited aboout this than i thought i would be bc of the other spoilers that have come out.

Yes it IS from TLG. A girl bought the script from an auction and posted spoilers over at LJ...then the next day, people started seeing the preview.

Bc i'd hate for you to miss out bc off techno!stuff, i'm re-posting TLG spoilers which show why so many of us have changed our minds about an
                              Spoiler:
                              AI kiss.

John, before he allows Halan's consciousness to enter his body: "You do know they were husband and wife. Anything could happen."

Yet, he still goes ahead with it. Wonder why?

...and the clincher...

Then Halan says this to Phoebus about John and Elizabeth, as Halan and Phoebus are evidently aware of their hosts' thoughts and feelings – this is his rationale for why Phoebus/Elizabeth can't kill Halan/John: "He cares for you more than you know. If you kill me, you're killing him."

Most importantly, at no point in this does John deny this (as far as we know)

You can get the rest of the spoilers here
                              Thanks!
                              So they are going a differnt way. I'm still hesitant, but now...not so much.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                                Sally, you are an awful, awful person. Please, don't ever change. Incidentally, have you thought about compiling your fic recs over in your LJ? That'd make your journal an awesome resource for Shep/Weir shippers.
                                Noooo, i had not thought of that

Oh! Then i can link my LJ in my sig and...yeah..thanx for the idea

Comment

Working...
                                X