Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gooner_diva
    Be my guest! I can only hope that if something like that actually happens, it happens after TLG because if I'm to die of a shippy overload, I wanna do that after I've seen
    Spoiler:
    THE KISS!
    Second that.
    Right after having seen ~ I wanted to jump around like a silly cow and kiss someone. Squeeing like an idiot, you know.

I have a SERIOUS question: Am I still normal?

Jen *frightened*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
      Where is the necklace Liz always wore? I mean the silver one, not the one Simon gave her (actually he *didn't* gave it to her bc it was kinda like an AU).
      It disappeared after The Intruder.
      Spoiler:
      Simon probably gave it to her and since they broke up, she stopped wearing it.

I have a SERIOUS question: Am I still normal?
      Keep in mind you're asking the people who were doing pretty much the same thing when they saw the promo. All those guests I see lurking in this thread, they're probably psychiatrists evaluating us.
      Last edited by gooner_diva; 08 December 2005, 04:31 AM.

Comment

It disappeared after The Intruder.
        Spoiler:
        Simon probably gave it to her and since they broke up, she stopped wearing it.
        Thanx. It's a possibility.
        Mythinks it would be a great merchandise article.
        I would buy one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          You misunderstand me... I'm not saying that feelings cannot find expression in a full-blown relationship but what I'm saying is that such a relationship will have its complexities. It's like when actors and celebrities fall in love with each other and declare it to the world. It doesn't mean that they suddenly become bad actors but it does mean that they will be subject to pressures most of us will fortunately never have to face. Their lives come under heavy scrutiny and the very nature of their occupation will test and try them. Like it or not, these stressors will affect the outcome of the decisions that they make. Their "charisma" singles them out from the general populace, and yes... it is unfair... but that's life unfortunately. This is why celeb marriages aren't known to last terribly long because their ability to hold it together is always tested to the extreme.
          I like the idea of Sheppard and Weir... but they will have obstacles... Not because I don't think they should be together but because the situation that they're in will make it that much harder for them. What I'm saying is that I'd like TPTB to explore these issues and not skirt them.
          This whole scenario sounds like a great chance for some meaty drama to me. Why not pursue this angle? Let them get in a mess of trouble and have to fight for their love. It will test their leadership, their relationship, their individual character and fortitude, and the stability of the new government of Atlantis itself. Conflict is what makes a good drama, so kicking the struggle up a notch will benefit everybody. And give all the actors a chance to show their stuff. I love the way this whole ship is going. Trying to be objective is about to kill me, but I think I've gotten a little handle on it. I haven't seen Critical Mass, but from the pictures and description of certain scenes
          Spoiler:
          it looks like J and E are getting closer than ever. Coming after Epiphany, their closeness is even more significant. I was wondering what he was going to do to make up for the glowy ancient of the week and also the way he reacted when she showed up to save his a**. Who me, bitter? Not so much. Now we we see them working closely not only mentally, but physically. He leans over her. When have we seen him so that? He sits on her desk! A very intimate act. No guy I ever worked with ever came in and plopped his butt down on my desk. And then he leans over even closer to tell her the cute little Zalenka story. Very intimate. That picture someone posted above just screams at us. Baby steps, people. They are moving the ship ever closer to the dock. And no, I vehemently disagree with some people on another thread who think TPTB are toying with us. No, they have made their decision. Conversion, as I said at the time after one viewing and still stick to, did a Titanic on Sheyla. I heard Celine Dion singing very clearly, and it wasn't the hard drugs.
          Feeling wordy this morning, but I've been saving up.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanx. It's a possibility.
            Mythinks it would be a great merchandise article.
            I would buy one.
            If it was from Simon then noooooooo I wont buy one, and I already have two things she has on her Desk

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
              If it was from Simon then noooooooo I wont buy one, and I already have two things she has on her Desk
              Let me guess: the mint jar and the pic of a dog? Or is it the Chubaka coat on the wall?
              sigpic

Comment

Let me guess: the mint jar and the pic of a dog? Or is it the Chubaka coat on the wall?
                *g* nooo, please....I'm really sensible with this carpet-thing... she should sell it to a Folk-museum

No I have a watch from my gran-Granfather and I also have these people standing in a circle thing... it's not 100% the same, but I'm sure with the same meaning!

Comment

All those guests I see lurking in this thread, they're probably psychiatrists evaluating us.
                  University students doing doctoral research on the insanity of science fiction fandom.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    University students doing doctoral research on the insanity of science fiction fandom.
                    De-lurk and we'll give you mints in exchange for your expert opinion.

Comment

De-lurk and we'll give you mints in exchange for your expert opinion.
                      Elizabeth thinks you guys are crazy!

Crazy for Shep/Weir shippiness, that is!

Have a great day, guys! And you can keep the mints!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

John, have you seen what these Sparky shippers write about us?

Comment

John, have you seen what these Sparky shippers write about us?
                          What's this about mints and supply closets?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Love has implications not just for the couple involved but for the people they lead, as is the case here. Love may cover a multitude of sins but love can also bring about other kinds of problems for people in positions of power. They're under heavy scrutiny and they cannot be seen to show preferential treatment to anyone. Like it or not, their lives quite often not their own. Atlantis is also a rather claustrophobic environment... their lives are an open book.
                            I like the idea of Sheppard and Weir... but they will have obstacles... Not because I don't think they should be together but because the situation that they're in will make it that much harder for them. What I'm saying is that I'd like TPTB to explore these issues and not skirt them.
                            I like your train of thinking Easter. If TPTB can even come up with half of that I'll be happy.

Comment

You misunderstand me...
                              I get you EL. And I do think you raise some valid questions which as I pointed out, already seem to be being addressed in part by the writers. Look at Intruder, Conversion and Critical Mass. Elizabeth's motives regarding certain *people* (ahem-we all know who) is already being questioned and she's having to deal with that. Of course, you're correct in that as the relationship gets deeper and they become even closer and more personal that even more questions will be raised but I do think that's where the time and success element begins to kick in too. There are many variables at play here. It's not black/white and as southern red says that's what makes it so darn interesting to follow. It is great drama. Can these two people lead and love? I think too we need to keep in mind that Atlantis is not just a 9-5 job like you or I work. It is their *life*. They have to live with what perameters they have. The home is their job and vice-versa so it's a logical jump to say if that can be the case that their 2IC and their 'boss' can be the love of their life as well. It'll be hard but this is uncharted territory for everyone and the rules will be made as they all go along based on a collaboration of many things.
                              Last edited by Bama; 08 December 2005, 07:47 AM.

Comment

All those guests I see lurking in this thread, they're probably psychiatrists evaluating us.
                                HAHAHA!!!!! I laughed when I read this. I wonder what they think. Hmmmmmm........
                                sigpic

Twilight in theaters: 12.12.08

Comment

Working...
                                X