No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Germany Curse continues -- they thought they beat it by winning against Italy, but nope the part about France is still true.

They are apparently incapable of winning against either in grand tournaments.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      And so they did. So now Probie gets to watch the team she loves the most, vs the team she hates the most (except Greece probably) in the final. Although if France beats Portugal they might be the number 1 most evil team in her eyes.
      True, that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And the Germany Curse continues -- they thought they beat it by winning against Italy, but nope the part about France is still true.

They are apparently incapable of winning against either in grand tournaments.
      Oooops.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Didn't they beat France in the World Cup ? The Germany curse can't be THAT bad, they're the reigning 4 time World Champions, and the most successful country in the history of this current tournament.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hey, Torri's back on Dark Matter!

Her outfit and performance seems so terrifyingly un-Weir like it's actually kinda creepy.
          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 08 July 2016, 11:41 PM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hey, Torri's back on Dark Matter!

Her outfit and performance seems so terrifyingly un-Weir like it's actually kinda creepy.
            Oh my... Is that a good creepy or a bad creepy?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That depends on your perspective, I suppose.

It's definitively good if you want to impressed with her ability to play different characters. And she can sure be entertaining.

But at the same time I can see die hard Elizabeth fans seeing Torri do this and going "Eeeeee, do. not want." Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if this type of character is a lot more fun for her as an actor, though. Christopher Heyerdahl seemed have a similar attitude when he compared the experience of playing Halling and playing Todd, for example.

They gave her an extremely unflattering hairstyle, presumably to look like a shady corporate bigwig. Plus she is also 10 years older than when she played Weir.

At this point she seems to be really playing up the sinister impishness, although again, her actual agenda and whether she's a friend or a foe to the heroes is still unclear.

So far, she seems to be playing the role of one of those recurring "untrustworthy allies" type of characters, ala Maybourne or Ladon Radim. Although the show is much darker, so I'd say there's likely also more than a hint of Baal in there too.

By the way, I remember one of the earlier times we were discussing the show and I mentioned the female lead was the leader of the crew, and FH immediately said "She'll be dead within a season" or something. Well...

Spoiler:
              ...turns out she was almost right. They apparently killed off the male lead instead. And it really seems to have been one of the worst deaths I've seen the do. If he's really dead, only Ford's death was executed worse. They didn't really seem to even try to make his death feel that important. I really am not sure if they once again felt the character wasn't working and just decided to abort his story, or they were going for some Game of Thrones style SHOCKING death. Maybe both, actually. It's not a good sign, which is a shame because in other areas I thought the show was improving this season.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 30 October 2016, 11:08 AM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Ah, it's still a lead.

None of the former Atlantis PTB can do a GoT-death -- that's so far out of their reach they can't even see it.

Comment

Ah, it's still a lead.

None of the former Atlantis PTB can do a GoT-death -- that's so far out of their reach they can't even see it.
                  Just for the record, when I say "GoT style death", I don't mean that as a compliment. I actually care so little about the characters who live or die in that show it's actually kind of remarkable. Also, I didn't mean it as necessarily exactly like Game of Thrones, but I did read an article not too long ago that the success of Game of Thrones has inspired a sharp increase in main character deaths on television.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Just for the record, when I say "GoT style death", I don't mean that as a compliment. I actually care so little about the characters who live or die in that show it's actually kind of remarkable. Also, I didn't mean it as necessarily exactly like Game of Thrones, but I did read an article not too long ago that the success of Game of Thrones has inspired a sharp increase in main character deaths on television.
                    Proving once again that nobody in TV or movies has had an original idea in decades. Did you hear that they're bringing back McGyver in the fall? The lead actor looks about 15 (to me anyway) and seems to be copying RDA's original hairstyle.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

That depends on your perspective, I suppose.

It's definitively good if you want to impressed with her ability to play different characters. And she can sure be entertaining.

But at the same time I can see die hard Elizabeth fans seeing Torri do this and going "Eeeeee, do. not want." Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if this type of character is a lot more fun for her as an actor, though. Christopher Heyerdahl seemed have a similar attitude when he compared the experience of playing Halling and playing Todd, for example.

They gave her an extremely unflattering hairstyle, presumably to look like a shady corporate bigwig. Plus she is also 10 years older than when she played Weir.

At this point she seems to be really playing up the sinister impishness, although again, her actual agenda and whether she's a friend or a foe to the heroes is still unclear.

So far, she seems to be playing the role of one of those recurring "untrustworthy allies" type of characters, ala Maybourne or Ladon Radim. Although the show is much darker, so I'd say there's likely also more than a hint of Baal in there too.

By the way, I remember one of the earlier times we were discussing the show and I mentioned the female lead was the leader of the crew, and FH immediately said "She'll be dead within a season" or something. Well...

Spoiler:
                      ...turns out she was almost right. They apparently killed off the male lead instead. And it really seems to have been one of the worst deaths I've seen the do. If he's really dead, only Ford's death was executed worse. They didn't really seem to even try to make his death feel that important. I really am not sure if they once again felt the character was working and just decided to abort his story, or they were going for some Game of Thrones style SHOCKING death. Maybe both, actually. It's not a good sign, which is a shame because in other areas I thought the show was improving this season.
                      I'm a die-hard Elizabeth fan, and I think that character sounds like the most awesomely hilarious crack ever! Torri must be having a blast!

I dunno, 24 was doing it 15 years ago.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Proving once again that nobody in TV or movies has had an original idea in decades. Did you hear that they're bringing back McGyver in the fall? The lead actor looks about 15 (to me anyway) and seems to be copying RDA's original hairstyle.
                      *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'm a die-hard Elizabeth fan, and I think that character sounds like the most awesomely hilarious crack ever! Torri must be having a blast!

I dunno, 24 was doing it 15 years ago.

Well, there certainly were older shows known for killing off major characters, but I think Game of Thrones took that to a new level. I mean, 24 didn't kill Jack Bauer after 1 season. I might try to see if I could find it again sometime, but the article I talked about mentioned that Eddard Stark's death changed the TV landscape, and it also had a statistical record o f the in major character deaths this season compared to previous ones.

On another note, looks like Probie might be the only happy French girl in the world right now.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

but the article I talked about mentioned that Eddard Stark's death changed the TV landscape, and it also had a statistical record of the in major character deaths this season compared to previous ones.
                          No one's safe in GoT, lead or otherwise -- that's what makes it so unpredictable.
                          Of course, if you read the books (like I did) then you would know who was next on the to-die list. Season 6 did change that seeing as how the show has strayed away from the books and surpassed them.

Comment

Challenge #111

A couple of notes before we get to this weeks challenge.

First, slizzie will posting the entries from last week's challenge #110 Memory later today. Stay tuned!

Second, if you are interested in *next* weeks challenge which will run Monday July 25- Monday August 1st, PM me. We will be doing pairs next next week! I need to know NOW [before Monday] if you want to do the challenge because I will matching you up in pairs. You and your partner will decide what art to make. You will pick something for your partner and your partner chooses for you! It will help if you are honest and tell them what you like/don't like, and what you think you need to work on. Push your partner to try something new or different, but be nice! They will be doing the same for you!

This week's challenge is also a mystery challenge in a way. You have 3 choices:

1. Pick a color. Orange, green, or black.
                            2. Pick a number. 2, 4, or 17.
                            3. Pick an inspiration word. Hope, Dream, or Wisdom.

Entries are due to me by noon your Monday July 18. Let me know ASAP if you want to be in the pairs challenge!
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

No one's safe in GoT, lead or otherwise -- that's what makes it so unpredictable.
                              Of course, if you read the books (like I did) then you would know who was next on the to-die list. Season 6 did change that seeing as how the show has strayed away from the books and surpassed them.
                              True. I rather liked how no one really knew what was going to happen going into Season 6. More fun that way.

Comment

Challenge #110 - Memory

RodneyIsGodney

slizzie1986

(Pics from Broadway.com)
                                sigpic
                                Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X