No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I'm going hiking on a sleeping volcano (El Teide). Hopefully he doesn't wake up while I'm there. And tomorrow morning I'm going kayakking and possibly spot some dolphins.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday, and for those of us in the US, it's Veterans Day! Be sure to thank the veterans in your life for their service.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Visited a small zoo in the area and posed with an owl, cheek to cheek. He was fluffy but it was a bit scary, his face so close to mine. But the picture turned out great and I love it.

Last year, first time seeing orca's (albeit in captivity), this year up close and personal with bald eagles, owls, harris hawks, vultures, humboldt penguins, sea lions, ... and an iguana. Also, two cuddle-wuddly lions.
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Today I'm going hiking on a sleeping volcano (El Teide). Hopefully he doesn't wake up while I'm there. And tomorrow morning I'm going kayakking and possibly spot some dolphins.
      Eeeee! That sounds like so much fun! I love critters.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That sounds exciting. Especially the volcano.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Volcano has to wait until tomorrow - didn't make it there. It was covered in clouds so instead we went hiking near the coast. It was a wee bit dusty... my dark brown shoes are looking a few shades lighter brown.

Comment

So... anyone know the difference between the county and western music genres? (I don't as, that isn't my style.)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              So... anyone know the difference between the county and western music genres? (I don't as, that isn't my style.)
              I love country music and always have. The music referred to as "country western" and "country" usually mean the same thing today. This type of music centers in Nashville, Tennessee and has a large variety of artists from Alan Jackson, who represents the classic type of country to Carrie Underwood and groups like Little Big Town who are very popular today. In fact, most of the music on country radio today sounds a lot like rock and has driven the classic fans like me away.

There used to be a popular type of music called "western" or sometimes "western swing" that was more "cowboy" oriented. People like Marty Robbins and Sons of the Pioneers represent this type.

Hope that helps. You can listen to examples if you Google the names.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

It's a wild and woolly day here in the Pacific Northwest! And I have to go out in it.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Last day (going home tomorrow) on Tenerife was filled with lots of water... ocean water, not rain.
                  And sun... lots of sun...

Too bad I look like a total idiot when I'm dipping my feet in the water, especially when I spot tiny fish in the area, and I flee the water squealing like a little girl. Yes, I admit to being afraid of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I love country music and always have. The music referred to as "country western" and "country" usually mean the same thing today. This type of music centers in Nashville, Tennessee and has a large variety of artists from Alan Jackson, who represents the classic type of country to Carrie Underwood and groups like Little Big Town who are very popular today. In fact, most of the music on country radio today sounds a lot like rock and has driven the classic fans like me away.

There used to be a popular type of music called "western" or sometimes "western swing" that was more "cowboy" oriented. People like Marty Robbins and Sons of the Pioneers represent this type.

Hope that helps. You can listen to examples if you Google the names.
                    I love the Sons of the Pioneers!!!!

If you want to hear them watch the John Wayne movie Rio Grande. Thay are actually in it and sing several times. Ever since I found that movie, I've been looking for a CD of their music.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I love the Sons of the Pioneers!!!!

If you want to hear them watch the John Wayne movie Rio Grande. Thay are actually in it and sing several times. Ever since I found that movie, I've been looking for a CD of their music.
                      I like them too. Nothing like some good 'ol cowboy music. Check out this site. Lots of info there, and if you have iTunes, they have tons of their music you can buy.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

It was pretty until I arrived home. Belgium is cold, and Paris is under siege.

Don't we have a Parisian in here - I hope they're safe.

Comment

In local news, the interstate was closed because a semi truck crashed and caught fire.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello m'y sparky family.

I'm not sleeping. It's not a good day here in Paris. I can't believe what I see.

Take care of you, guys
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                I'm not sleeping. It's not a good day here in Paris. I can't believe what I see.
                                Stay safe, Probie! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X