No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish that were true over here!! I WANT SNOW!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Snow? It's going to be 80 here today.
      It's been around the 40s here.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's that time of year again...time for Secret Santa and Advent Calendar!

How they work:

Advent Calendar

Sign up for one, two or three days in December that you want to do art. The theme is Christmas or Holiday. You may use any thunk, any fandom or any ship as long as it is Christmasy or Holidayish. It must also include the number of the day you signed up for. {if you sign up for Dec. 4th, it must have a number "4" on the art somewhere.} A good size is 600x400, but it must still follow GW guidelines for posting pics! Here is an example:
          Spoiler:

3. rinkrat
          7. Libero
          13. slizzie1986
          20. Libero
          21. rinkrat

You must PM me your art work by midnight two days before your day is due. If you have Dec. 4th, then I will need your artwork by midnight your time Dec 2nd.

I know this is early, this will not start until Dec. 1st, but I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to decide what they want to do, sign up for it and make sure they can follow through, especially those that pick the first few days in December and also the ones doing Secret Santa.

Let me know what days you want and I will keep the list updated.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret Santa

Please do not sign up for secret santa unless you are positive you can make something! It is not nice to sign up, get a name and then bail out and not make them something!

You will receive an assignment based on what you like and what you are comfortable making. Below in spoilers is the info fill out sheet for SS. Copy and paste the info sign up into a PM to me. I will leave the sign up open until Nov 22nd or 23rd, and I will have assignments out by Nov. 25th. I want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to make gifts! What you make depends on who you get, but a minimum of 2 pieces of art is required. This can mean an avi and matching sig. For fan fic, this means 2 drabbles [500 words or less each] OR one longer one at least 1500 words or more. If you want to make more, please do! But limit of ten please. This is all secret, so no telling who you got! Any questions you have about your assignment please go through me.

PM all presents to me no later than midnight your time Dec 19. I will hand out presents and reveal secret santas on December 20th so there is plenty of time to enjoy them before Christmas.
          You can always PM or visitor message me with any questions.

Info sign up sheet for SS
          Spoiler:
          I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a good day all around as USC beat Arizona 38-30, Virginia Tech had a bye, New Mexico beat Utah State 14-13, Air Force beat Army 20-3, and Navy upset Memphis 45-20. This morning's PT run will be an easy one.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's monday - completely missed Sunday. Slept through it cause getting up at 3 in the morning to catch a flight does that to you really.

I'm on vacation. Tenerife - and it's fabulous!

Comment

Have a good vacation.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It's monday - completely missed Sunday. Slept through it cause getting up at 3 in the morning to catch a flight does that to you really.

I'm on vacation. Tenerife - and it's fabulous!
                  Have a great vacation!

Comment

So far, all is good...

Comment

It's that time of year again...time for Secret Santa and Advent Calendar!

How they work:

Advent Calendar

Sign up for one, two or three days in December that you want to do art. The theme is Christmas or Holiday. You may use any thunk, any fandom or any ship as long as it is Christmasy or Holidayish. It must also include the number of the day you signed up for. {if you sign up for Dec. 4th, it must have a number "4" on the art somewhere.} A good size is 600x400, but it must still follow GW guidelines for posting pics! Here is an example:
                      Spoiler:

1. JadedWraith
                      3. rinkrat
                      5. RodneyisGodney
                      7. Libero
                      11. RodneyisGodney
                      13. slizzie1986
                      17. Jaded Wraith
                      19. RodneyisGodney
                      20. Libero
                      21. rinkrat

You must PM me your art work by midnight two days before your day is due. If you have Dec. 4th, then I will need your artwork by midnight your time Dec 2nd.

I know this is early, this will not start until Dec. 1st, but I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to decide what they want to do, sign up for it and make sure they can follow through, especially those that pick the first few days in December and also the ones doing Secret Santa.

Let me know what days you want and I will keep the list updated.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret Santa

Please do not sign up for secret santa unless you are positive you can make something! It is not nice to sign up, get a name and then bail out and not make them something!

You will receive an assignment based on what you like and what you are comfortable making. Below in spoilers is the info fill out sheet for SS. Copy and paste the info sign up into a PM to me. I will leave the sign up open until Nov 22nd or 23rd, and I will have assignments out by Nov. 25th. I want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to make gifts! What you make depends on who you get, but a minimum of 2 pieces of art is required. This can mean an avi and matching sig. For fan fic, this means 2 drabbles [500 words or less each] OR one longer one at least 1500 words or more. If you want to make more, please do! But limit of ten please. This is all secret, so no telling who you got! Any questions you have about your assignment please go through me.

PM all presents to me no later than midnight your time Dec 19. I will hand out presents and reveal secret santas on December 20th so there is plenty of time to enjoy them before Christmas.
                      You can always PM or visitor message me with any questions.

Info sign up sheet for SS
                      Spoiler:
                      I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 09 November 2015, 03:46 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #91 was "Focus".

Dragongirl

raduzhok

slizzie1986

Don't forget to sign up for Secret Santa and/or the Advent Calendar!

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #92

I was feeling lazy, so instead of coming up with a new and thrilling challenge, I am going to cheat. November has a lot of interesting holidays and celebrations, so this week, pick one [or several!] and make some art or fan fic! Please include the holiday either on your art, or in your PM to me please.

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday November 16th.

Here is list of month long celebrations:
                          Aviation History Month
                          Child Safety Protection Month
                          International Drum Month
                          National Adoption Awareness Month
                          National Epilepsy Month
                          National Model Railroad Month
                          National Novel Writing Month
                          Native American Heritage Month
                          Peanut Butter Lovers Month
                          Real Jewelry Month
                          National Sleep Comfort Month

And celebrations for this week:
                          9 Chaos Never Dies Day - you've got that right!
                          10 Forget-Me-Not Day
                          10 USMC Day
                          10 Young Readers Day second Tuesday of month
                          11 Veteran's Day
                          12 Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
                          13 National Indian Pudding Day
                          13 Sadie Hawkins Day
                          13 World Kindness Day
                          14 Operating Room Nurse Day
                          14 World Diabetes Day
                          15 Clean Your Refrigerator Day
                          15 America Recycles Day
                          15 National Philanthropy Day

10 November
                          World Science Day for Peace and Development

13 November
                          WORLD KINDNESS DAY

14 November
                          World Diabetes Day (A/RES/61/225)

15 November (third Sunday in November)
                          World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (A/RES/60/5)

16 November
                          International Day for Tolerance (Resolution 5.61 of the 28th session of the UNESCO General Conference) (A/RES/51/95)

Nov 9 State Flag Day of Azerbaijan Azerbaijan
                          Nov 9 Constitution Day Dominican Republic
                          Nov 9 Independence Day Cambodia
                          Nov 9 Remembrance Day Cayman Islands
                          Nov 9 Iqbal Day Pakistan
                          Nov 10 Sri Shayama Puja Bangladesh
                          Nov 10 Naraka Chaturdasi India
                          Nov 10 Deepavali Sri Lanka
                          Nov 10 Diwali/Deepavali Malaysia, Singapore
                          Nov 10 Shout in Villa de los Santos Panama
                          Nov 10 Ataturk Memorial Day Turkey
                          Nov 11 Independence Day Angola
                          Nov 11 Remembrance Day Australia
                          Nov 11 Armistice Day Belgium
                          Nov 11 Remembrance Day Bermuda
                          Nov 11 Remembrance Day Canada
                          Nov 11 Remembrance Day Canada
                          Nov 11 St. Martin's Day Germany
                          Nov 11 Diwali Fiji
                          Nov 11 Armistice Day France
                          Nov 11 Diwali/Deepavali Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
                          Nov 11 Armistice Day Martinique
                          Nov 11 Diwali Mauritius
                          Nov 11 Independence Day Poland
                          Nov 11 Veterans Day Puerto Rico
                          Nov 11 Armistice Day Reunion
                          Nov 11 Armistice Day Serbia
                          Nov 11 Veterans Day United States
                          Nov 11 Veterans' Day US Virgin Islands
                          Nov 11 November Holiday Mayotte
                          Nov 12 Constitution Day Azerbaijan
                          Nov 12 Govardhan Puja India
                          Nov 12 Gobardhan Pooja (Tihar Festival) Nepal
                          Nov 13 Bhai Duj India
                          Nov 13 Bhai Tika (Tihar Festival) Nepal
                          Nov 14 Colombian Women's Day Colombia
                          Nov 15 Republic Proclamation Day Brazil
                          Nov 15 National Peace Day Cote d'Ivoire
                          Nov 15 National Day of Mourning Germany
                          Nov 15 7-5-3 Day Japan
                          I also tried to include more global celebrations, if I missed any, I am sorry. Please use any holiday/celebration that falls in November 9th-15th. There are also silly, wacky and funny holiday/celebrations as well. Feel free to use those, there were just too many to list.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

So far, all is good...
                            Excellent!

Comment

Visited a small zoo in the area and posed with an owl, cheek to cheek. He was fluffy but it was a bit scary, his face so close to mine. But the picture turned out great and I love it.

Last year, first time seeing orca's (albeit in captivity), this year up close and personal with bald eagles, owls, harris hawks, vultures, humboldt penguins, sea lions, ... and an iguana. Also, two cuddle-wuddly lions.

Comment

Visited a small zoo in the area and posed with an owl, cheek to cheek. He was fluffy but it was a bit scary, his face so close to mine. But the picture turned out great and I love it.

Last year, first time seeing orca's (albeit in captivity), this year up close and personal with bald eagles, owls, harris hawks, vultures, humboldt penguins, sea lions, ... and an iguana. Also, two cuddle-wuddly lions.
                                Sounds like your having a good time, Falcon.

You're also temping me to make another visit to the Columbus Zoo before it gets too cold.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X