Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Howdy all. I can't stop hiccuping.
    Lindsey Novak will probably know a trick or two to make it stop.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh I just wanted to say you need to be careful with the Aleve/ibuprofen stuff. It can screw up your stomach in a bad way. When I was in my 20s my doctor had me on a strong dose of them and I got heartburn so bad I had to take yet another pill for the heartburn. I haven't had the heartburn again since I stopped taking them.
      Hmm, issues like that are probably why my bottle of ibuprofen came with directions to take it with food, to buffer the effect on the stomach. Of course, I like to take any pills with food anyway. Easier to hide bigger pills in a bite of food and trick your throat into taking it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Heehee!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Of course, I like to take any pills with food anyway. Easier to hide bigger pills in a bite of food and trick your throat into taking it.
        OMGoddess, you really are a cat...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yup!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Howdy all. I can't stop hiccuping.
              Let me share some granny wisdom: the hiccup stops if you take some sugar (enough to feel the sweet taste- so about half of a teaspoon) and then you drink some water (few sips).
              It was my favorite childhood treatment (not like drinking lamp oil )
              And, for me, it always worked (my brother gave me once an explanation - that in the brain the area for the sweet taste and the one for hiccup are close, and if you excite one, you affect the other - but I'm not sure if he wasn't sh*ting me)
              sigpic

Comment

thanks!

Yeah once she's walking then it will be another whole story.
                You're welcome.

I can't what to see what she gets into.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

it's really fun when they get to toddling about. Of course, they ARE a little harder to keep track of
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Hi Guys!

Just wanted to throw out a few reminders about the challenge....

The current challenge is #23 and is about 'travel' and the current challenge can always be found right here.

Challenges are always due on Mondays 6AM your time. No worrying about time zones or anything like that!

If you have old artwork that fits the challenge, send it in! I know real life gets in the way and you can't always make 'new' stuff. So show off your 'new-to-us' stuff!!

Fan fic is always welcome!!

As of today, I olny have one entry for the current challenge [thank you RiG!] so Fan Girl I have not yet received anything from you.

If you ever have any questions, or have a great idea for a challenge, please let me know!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        it's really fun when they get to toddling about. Of course, they ARE a little harder to keep track of
                        That's okay with me. I think I'm about ready to drop a pant size and all I do is go to work or chase her around.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning (heck, almost afternoon even here on the West Coast), Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

I don't know if she's still around here anymore, but it's Irish Eyes' birthday! Happy birthday, con buddy!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Originally posted by zbir View Post
                            Let me share some granny wisdom: the hiccup stops if you take some sugar (enough to feel the sweet taste- so about half of a teaspoon) and then you drink some water (few sips).
                            It was my favorite childhood treatment (not like drinking lamp oil )
                            And, for me, it always worked (my brother gave me once an explanation - that in the brain the area for the sweet taste and the one for hiccup are close, and if you excite one, you affect the other - but I'm not sure if he wasn't sh*ting me)
                            Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Sparky!Family Saturday, and Happy Birthday to Irish Eyes!

Y'all know what that means...

Comment

Hey Sparkies! Wow, between DST and Spring Break, time has flown right by! Not very excited about going back to work Monday, but glad that I can start biking. Bought a new one and got it decked out with lights, mirrors, and a very comfy seat.

If I get a little spare time, I'll share some of the video that I'm working on. Perhaps when it's longer than ten seconds. Have a good weekend in case I don't make it back on tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X