No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I really appreciate uh... being appreciated

I think there was this one I was daydreaming and I imagined the reason for Keller's survival was that she secretly snuck up behind all the other doctors on the show (including all the ones introduced before she was.) and siphoned away their plot armor. Because in Stargate being a Doctor is like being a Highlander or something.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Super Bowl Sunday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I really appreciate uh... being appreciated
      *hugs you*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I think there was this one I was daydreaming and I imagined the reason for Keller's survival was that she secretly snuck up behind all the other doctors on the show (including all the ones introduced before she was.) and siphoned away their plot armor. Because in Stargate being a Doctor is like being a Highlander or something.
      That would explain a lot, I think...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Afternoon, how is everyone today? I just finished rewatching Common Ground and oh my gosh the feels. Poor Elizabeth having to watch her man being fed on.
        sigpic
        Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by yachikins View Post
          Afternoon, how is everyone today? I just finished rewatching Common Ground and oh my gosh the feels. Poor Elizabeth having to watch her man being fed on.
          That had to be one of the more difficult things Elizabeth had to do.
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            That had to be one of the more difficult things Elizabeth had to do.
            It would be hard enough to watch just anybody to be feed on by the wraith, but to watch somebody who you deeply cared about and were close to would be torture. Elizabeth really is an amazingly strong woman
            sigpic
            Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by yachikins View Post
              It would be hard enough to watch just anybody to be feed on by the wraith, but to watch somebody who you deeply cared about and were close to would be torture. Elizabeth really is an amazingly strong woman
              Indeed she is. And John is just as strong, to know and trust that she would follow his wishes to not give in and try to save him.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Afternoon! Been a busy week at work, and it's only Monday.

Anyhow, I didn't watch Super Bowl but I watched Kitten Bowl. Oh so cute!

This is a busy week too, but I've been working on fic a little at a time. Hopefully will remember to post some.

Comment

Can't wait to see it SW!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Post as soon as you can, SW. I'm in serious need of a good Sparky fic fix.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

More snow here in Rhode Island. We lost power at my house 2 different times today. The first time was for 90 minutes, the second only 30, so that wasn't too bad. Nothing like the time there was a tree down and we were without power for 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        More snow here in Rhode Island. We lost power at my house 2 different times today. The first time was for 90 minutes, the second only 30, so that wasn't too bad. Nothing like the time there was a tree down and we were without power for 4 days.
                        Glad you're okay now, JT-2.

*Sends electric blankets & generator*

I'm crossing my fingers all the freezing rain we're supposed to get Tuesday night here in Ohio ends up being not so bad.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Snow everywhere but here, makes me a sad little lemming.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Snow everywhere but here, makes me a sad little lemming.
                            And here. I live in Florida.

Fic present! Oneshot, takes place in S3, after TRW.

Spoiler:
                            John glanced at the pile of completed reports on the floor next to his bed and smiled with pride. Finally, all the paperwork from this past week was done. He had even gotten a head start on a few reviews that weren't due until next week, but once his eyelids started drooping more than the coffee could compensate for, he decided it was time to call it a night.

A flash of lightning illuminated part of the room. The storm had rolled in a few hours ago, moving slowly across the ocean. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the eventful storm they had experienced their first year here, and the city seemed to absorb the physical effects from it. All things considered, the city-ship floating in the ocean ironically was the safest place to be during a tropical storm.

The thunder rumbled, quickly followed by another lightning strike. This one was closer, yet the city was in no danger due to the Ancient version of lightning rods that were installed atop the highest towers.

John craned his head to the side, looking for a safe place to put the papers so he wouldn't trip on them and send them flying unceremoniously across the room in the middle of the night. His seldom used desk seemed to be the best option.

He reached down to pick them up and carried them over, then groaned.

Another stack of papers lay on the desk, these older than the pile in his hands.

John grunted. "Just my luck."

Then the doorbell chirped.

He frowned. Who the heck would be knocking at his door at one in the morning, much less still awake? Atlantis operated with a skeleton crew overnight, but even if an emergency had arisen they would have called him over the comms.

His paperwork landed with a light thud next to the "in" pile.

He moved to the door sensor and swiped his hand over it.

A familiar red shirt appeared on the other side, holding a tablet computer against her chest.

"Elizabeth?"

"Hi John. I'm sorry to bother you."

"It's okay, I was still up."

"I know." When he raised an eyebrow, she added hastily, "I saw your lights on from the tower."

"Ah, gotcha."

Which he really didn't. How did she know exactly which windows belonged to him?

He quickly dismissed the thoughts of Elizabeth being a stalker. "You're still up, too?"

She took the tablet and held it out. "Paperwork."

"How come yours is on a computer and mine is actually on paper?"

"Smithfield hand writes their team reports. Don't ask me why. We requested a scanner on Daedalus' next supplies run." She bit her lip. "So from now on, I think it's safe to only use your tablet."

"I'll keep that in mind," he murmured as his head turned to search the room. "If I can find it."

After a silent second, Elizabeth shook her head. "Anyhow, it's late, and you're probably about to go to sleep, so I shouldn't have bothered you. I'm sorry."

"Wait," John replied, holding up a hand. "You never did tell me what you needed."

Elizabeth sighed, dropping her head. "It's nothing."

"Elizabeth? It's a pretty good hike from your office over here, even with transporters. Whatever you came for must've been important."

Another lightning strike hit close by, probably deflected by the rods, but it still made Elizabeth jump.

And then it hit John. She didn't want to be alone.

"The storm?"

She nodded. "Yes," she breathed in relief. She chuckled harshly, then looked back up to him. "You know what I need, John? I need to not be afraid of a little lightning storm like a toddler. I need to be able to go to sleep without having nightmares. Do you have any idea what it's like to be released from living one hell just to start reliving another?"

John didn't answer directly; he just brought a hand to his face and covered his mouth. He shook his head in pity.

"In any case, I'm sorry I dropped all of this on you. I'll let you get some sleep."

"But you won't," John responded, causing her to stop moving.

Green eyes looked up and met his sympathetic hazel ones.

"I don't want you feeling sorry for me," Elizabeth said quietly.

"I don't. I empathize. Remember, you're talking to someone with more than a few black marks on his record."

She smiled slightly.

"Come on in," John said, backing away from the door and giving her room to enter.

She hesitated for a moment, then followed him.

"As it turns out, I have a whole other stack of paperwork that I was blissfully unaware of until five minutes ago. So if you wanna keep me company while I finish it, you're more than welcome to."

"And if I fall asleep and start to have a nightmare?"

"Then I'll wake you up and remind you that it was a nightmare and this is real. Okay?"

Elizabeth nodded. "Okay."

She sat down in the chair in between his bed and his desk. About five minutes in, she pulled her legs underneath her.

The next time John looked over at her, her shoulders were slumped and her head was resting on the back of the chair.

Elizabeth didn't have one bad dream that night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              And here. I live in Florida.
                              Belgium's supposed to have snow right round this period of time... It doesn't even need to stick, just fall out of the sky and melt on impact is fine... I just want snow. Instead I get near springtime temperatures and tweeting birds whom I yell at on a regular basis these days to inform them -- "IT'S STILL WINTER!! STOP TWEETING LIKE IT'S SPRING!!"
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More snow in the forecast for Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                                X