Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    You know, I know she's being 'jesting' a bit in her response but I do think there might be an element of 'truth' in that answer and she may even feel it too. I must admit, I *really* like that angle and if anything could 'get to' Shep and force him to 'show his hand' in regard to Elizabeth, I think it could be Caldwell's antics.
    I also like that angle. There's nothing like a good old 3rd party to force someone to realise the true extent of their feelings.

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
      I also like that angle. There's nothing like a good old 3rd party to force someone to realise the true extent of their feelings.
      The thing I like about how Caldwell is being used is that I don't 'feel' he's truly interested in Weir on a romantic level. However, I do think he's interested in prodding and finding information that might prove most useful later. I think he's also interested perhaps in the real 'truth' of the situation he sees as the potential leadership 'problem' of Atlantis and would like to get to the bottom of what makes it tick. If, in his detective work, he discovers more than he or Elizabeth or John really expected, then so much the better for us and especially for the two of them.

Comment

Stepping on Sally's toes here, but have a fic alert:
        translucent, by ethelinesherman.
        ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
        The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Season 3 development from another thread:
          Spoiler:
          Robert Picardo, who plays the recurring Woolsey on SG1 confirmed he has been contacted to do an Atlantis episode early in season 3. We know Woolsey works for the government and has caused troubles for SG1 - First thoughts are that this episode will take place on Earth as Woolsey is usually around when someone is in "deep doo-doo" with the government. It "smells" like a clip show and may revolve around one of our leaders in hot water - ya know the drill - show clips from previous episodes and show how our leads aren't doing their job right.

Since Elizabeth is in charge, I would assume she is in the hot seat. Even if it is a clip show, it could have possibilities for "ship" in it.

However, we won't know for sure for quite awhile.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Spoiler:
            Robert Picardo, who plays the recurring Woolsey on SG1 confirmed he has been contacted to do an Atlantis episode early in season 3. We know Woolsey works for the government and has caused troubles for SG1 - First thoughts are that this episode will take place on Earth as Woolsey is usually around when someone is in "deep doo-doo" with the government. It "smells" like a clip show and may revolve around one of our leaders in hot water - ya know the drill - show clips from previous episodes and show how our leads aren't doing their job right.

Since Elizabeth is in charge, I would assume she is in the hot seat. Even if it is a clip show, it could have possibilities for "ship" in it.

However, we won't know for sure for quite awhile.
            Spoiler:
            Nothing against Robert Picardo, but if they do this, they really need to find a fresh angle for it. How many times has the SGC or SG-1 been audited by the government?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Spoiler:

Since Elizabeth is in charge, I would assume she is in the hot seat.

If it walks like a duck...

And imo, any potential threat to either J or E in any way, gives potential for major shippiness.

Thanks for the heads up FP. Even though it's still a ways off, this thing looks like it's crackin big picture-wise about the way we all thought it might.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                Stepping on Sally's toes here, but have a fic alert:
                translucent, by ethelinesherman.
                That's such a lovely, yet sad, fic.

I have a fic to rec too

Better Days Xmas fic!

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                  I dont think that either of them do actually. I think they may subconsciously know that there is something 'different' (kudos to Melyanna for the word ) about their relationship compared to all the other people, but they dont want or can't acknowledge it yet.
                  Yeesh, you guys make it sound like I made up a word or something. I think sometimes we've gotten so deep into analysis and trying to pin specific emotions to people that we forget that lots of times, it's not one emotion. Sometimes all you can really tell is that there's something different.

...oh gosh. I think that was a song in Beauty and the Beast. Righto, I need to get back to revising my Spygate fic.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    ...oh gosh. I think that was a song in Beauty and the Beast. Righto, I need to get back to revising my Spygate fic.
                    *sing songish voice* You mean there's 'something there that wasn't there before'?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      *sing songish voice* You mean there's 'something there that wasn't there before'?
                      *grits teeth* Yes...

Yep, that's it, I'm off to write wanton destruction. (Speaking of which, I've almost completely rewritten the ending of Game On, so can I send it to you when I'm done?)
                      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Well I for one am thrilled for the next part. You know, since I started reading it 'there's been a change in me. A kinda, moving on.'
                        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Haha, I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. It's funny how I was listening to the soundtrack on my playlist earlier.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            *grits teeth* Yes...

Yep, that's it, I'm off to write wanton destruction. (Speaking of which, I've almost completely rewritten the ending of Game On, so can I send it to you when I'm done?)
                            Hehehe.

Sure, this time I promise I'll get it back to you sooner.

Comment

Hehehe.

Sure, this time I promise I'll get it back to you sooner.
                              Excellent. (You get a choice in the matter – Hatch doesn't, because it was his fault I rewrote the bloody thing in the first place. )
                              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

From those who are spoiled, could you just indicate in a yes or no manner if Critical Mass looks to have lots of Shep/Weir moments? Please?

How many more hours till Critical Mass anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X