Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree (see, you're not alone). That's why I love Donna and Ten together. They are just mates and nothing else.

However, when Matt Smith took the part I considered him too young for the part but my view of him changed over time. I do love that 12 (which is actually a spoiler still) is older again. Will bring a whole new dynamic to the show, and I can't wait what's going to happen next.

I'm in love with Jenna-Louise Coleman so I can't say anything bad about Clara. I was already head over heels with her when I first saw her in the Titanic miniseries. LOVE her!
    I second all of that except the part about being in love with Clara. LOL

I think Matt Smith is my overall favorite, especially of the new series. I love Tom Baker out of habit, but MS's Doctor was very similar with the quirkiness. I eagerly await 12.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Before I get into replies....

I have posted the sign ups for Sparky Advent here. If you don't have LJ, you can send me a message and I will add you to the calendar. I've posted it here, LJ, and Tumblr. I think I've got all the bases covered.

That said - if you volunteer, I beg of you - please try to get your entries in on time. Last year I had to hunt down people who were insanely late. I'm not talking a day or two here - I'm talking weeks. And it became a major chore. I'd rather not go down that road again. I totally understand that sometimes real life changes your plans - all I ask is that you tell me so I can make other arrangements. I've already got Falcon's Lemming all set to go to bite at people's ankles if they sign up and then blow it off without notifying me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      *repeats what all those other people said* I loved Donna too. She was a kicks shins and takes names kind of girl, and I adored her dad.

Not to stir up a controversy…heh… but I'm betting I'm the only one here who dislikes the shippy elements of the new incarnation of the show. I adored the Ponds, but those not so subtle hints of ship with her and the Doctor gave me the willies, as did Rose/9 or 10 or whatever. And while we're at it, the newer companions were entirely too perfectly beautiful. I'm glad the new Doctor is older and not an underwear model. There I said it. *runs*
      I adore the River/Doctor ship. I guess we can't agree on everything.

Well, Doctor Who is on. Gotta go.

Comment

Just signed up for the 19th!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I've already got Falcon's Lemming all set to go to bite at people's ankles if they sign up and then blow it off without notifying me.
          *sharpens teeth*

I adore the River/Doctor ship.
          "Hello sweetie!" & "Spoilers."

They are so adorable.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

UTSA is whumping North Texas
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Before I get into replies....

I have posted the sign ups for Sparky Advent here. If you don't have LJ, you can send me a message and I will add you to the calendar. I've posted it here, LJ, and Tumblr. I think I've got all the bases covered.

That said - if you volunteer, I beg of you - please try to get your entries in on time. Last year I had to hunt down people who were insanely late. I'm not talking a day or two here - I'm talking weeks. And it became a major chore. I'd rather not go down that road again. I totally understand that sometimes real life changes your plans - all I ask is that you tell me so I can make other arrangements. I've already got Falcon's Lemming all set to go to bite at people's ankles if they sign up and then blow it off without notifying me.

I adore the River/Doctor ship. I guess we can't agree on everything.

Well, Doctor Who is on. Gotta go.
                *snort* Outside of fandom, we agree on nothing.

Mr. SR and I just had our own Dr. Who marathon since about 5pm. Watched most of the specials and just got all nostalgic.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Love all your smilies!!!

Well, I had some friends over to watch the Doctor Who special. I'm not saying anything except "Fantastic!"

Comment

um that's odd.

your guys names are blue and mine is black.

never mind it's back to blue

Comment

*snort* Outside of fandom, we agree on nothing.
                      Well, we agree that public education in the US doesn't teach grammar properly.

I will be going to see Catching Fire this afternoon, so I won't be at the post-a-thon. I can't remember which one it is. I hope it's not Remnants.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 35 minutes until the Remnants post-a-thon!

Here's this week's College Football Round Up: Virginia Tech had a bye this week, USC beat Colorado 47-29, Georgia beat Kentucky 59-17, UTSA beat North Texas 21-13, Air Force lost to UNLV 21-41, and Navy beat San Jose State 58-52. So a happy day for everyone in Atlantis except Sheppard, Lorne and Caldwell!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, we agree that public education in the US doesn't teach grammar properly.

I will be going to see Catching Fire this afternoon, so I won't be at the post-a-thon. I can't remember which one it is. I hope it's not Remnants.
                          Uh…oh dear.
                          sigpic

Comment

Uh…oh dear.
                            *gulps* Crap, indeed.

Speaking of which... S-minus 1 hour to the Remnants post-a-thon!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *gulps* Crap, indeed.

Speaking of which... S-minus 1 hour to the Remnants post-a-thon!
                              I'm here, freezing, but ready for Remnants.
                              sigpic

Comment

I always liked Remnants. But I don't think I'd be able to keep up with a post-athon.

Also woooooooooh! First new custom avatar!We were talking about Being Human and Karl Urban earlier, so... "Karl Urban tribute"
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X