Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

LOL! That's too cute!

And of course, there's the NHL's New Jersey Devils (hockey eh!); no mention of color in the name, but one of the team colors is red.
    Isn't it a rule that all hockey teams have to choose red? Ah, the Jersey Devil , famous in story and song.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Oh really, I didn't know.

Match ended with a draw, 1-1. They played okay, not their best.
      It's Man U's nickname. I always figured someone that served in the 6th Para Division in WWII had something to do with the higher ups in the team. That was the division's nickname as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      The sheer amount of teams that have "Red Devils" as their nickname is considerable. It's also the name of the South Korean National team.
      I'll have to check into that one. Fits with the tough rep the ROK military had back in the day.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Love it!!!

And of course, there's the NHL's New Jersey Devils (hockey eh!); no mention of color in the name, but one of the team colors is red.
      They're only scary because they had one of the best goalies in the history of the NHL.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Isn't it a rule that all hockey teams have to choose red? Ah, the Jersey Devil , famous in story and song.
      Not really. It just seems that way.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Not really. It just seems that way.
        I suppose the blood on the ice whenever there's a fight counts. Because it's not hockey unless there's a fight.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I suppose the blood on the ice whenever there's a fight counts. Because it's not hockey unless there's a fight.
          Back in the day it was go to the fights and hope a hockey game broke out.

Funny thing is, of all the games I've been to I've only seen blood on the ice once.

Comment

Funny thing is, of all the games I've been to I've only seen blood on the ice once.
            My BFF and her hubby are huge Carolina Hurricanes fans. She did one of those things where you get to meet all the players and mingle. Kinda like a hockey version of a SciFi convention. LOL Anyway, she reported that the guys make a big deal of losing their first tooth. I went to one game with her but she won't even watch football when it's on TV at my house and was not exactly charmed. Fun for those who like it but too fast for me. I like the drawn out monotony of football.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Actually never been to a game. But did see a blood-on-the-ice fight on TV.

My BFF and her hubby are huge Carolina Hurricanes fans. She did one of those things where you get to meet all the players and mingle. Kinda like a hockey version of a SciFi convention. LOL Anyway, she reported that the guys make a big deal of losing their first tooth. I went to one game with her but she won't even watch football when it's on TV at my house and was not exactly charmed. Fun for those who like it but too fast for me. I like the drawn out monotony of football.
              Hah!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

To counter that, down in North Carolina they have the Duke University Blue Devils.
                And the Tarheels. Yeah, my home state is really creative with the team names.

In other news... Hi! Sorry I haven't been here in a while. RL has been ... busy and distracting. Which is sometimes a good thing.

Oh, and I finally moved to the dark side. Bought a MacBook Pro. I don't actually get it until next Thursday at my local Apple Store since I ordered online and got an upgraded 1 TB hard drive (sad thing is, it's mostly for episodes I've ripped and videos I've made, LOL). Plus, working for the school board got me an extra $200 off. *high fives self*

I'm so happy.

Got a couple stories floating around that I'm working on right now. Persuasion/Sparky, a general S3 fic that I finally found the original four page prologue for, and a couple others. Meanwhile I've gotta back everything up and off my Toshiba laptop to move to the Mac when I get it.

Oh, and the weather here in Florida has been lovely. Cool in the mornings, burning blazes in the afternoons. Not nice when I have to spend three afternoons a week outside with the marching band for practice (more overtime, yay).

That's all for now!

Comment

So excited, I have to share. Our author friend that I beta for just had a book published. It's a novella called Antigone's Lover and is beautifully written. Now I'm nervous that I missed some errors.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a fun event to go to. I've only been to a few events where you can get autographs. It's hard to make much small talk when you're being husseled along so the 50+ people behind you can get their autographs too.

Hockey isn't really that hard to follow. The guy with his stick blade on the ice is most likely the one with the puck. Most everything will be going on around him.

Actually never been to a game. But did see a blood-on-the-ice fight on TV.
                    It's fun. You should try it some time.

I'd suggest starting with a college or minor league game. The action isn't quite as fast paced. With the way the schedules go in the minors especially the ECHL you'll probably find a really intense game. I've been to Wheeling Nailers games with blood on the ice, multiple fights and near riots.

So excited, I have to share. Our author friend that I beta for just had a book published. It's a novella called Antigone's Lover and is beautifully written. Now I'm nervous that I missed some errors.
                    That's great for your friend, SR!!!!!!!

I wouldn't feel too bad if you missed anything. I buy a lot of books from a big time military history publishing house called Osprey. You'd probably tear your hair out at some of the errors I've caught in their books.

Comment

*pops in* in the middle of a particularly long and tedious homework assignment but wanted to say hi....

and I've finally gotten around to watching Supernatural - just got S1 from the library - unfortunately I only really have time to watch at night when I'm doing my homework and I'm home alone and I will admit some of the eps are a little creepy (perfect for this time of year!)
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

That's great! And how awesome that you got to have a part!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          *pops in* in the middle of a particularly long and tedious homework assignment but wanted to say hi....

and I've finally gotten around to watching Supernatural - just got S1 from the library - unfortunately I only really have time to watch at night when I'm doing my homework and I'm home alone and I will admit some of the eps are a little creepy (perfect for this time of year!)
                          Yay, welcome to the madness. It only gets better.

And this is for all you "old timers", especially JT-2.

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                            yay, welcome to the madness. It only gets better.

And this is for all you "old timers", especially jt-2.

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38758[/ATTACH]

Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

Does anyone know from personal experience if you can download GIMP for Mac OS X???

Probably should've found that out before I bought it...

ETA: never mind. I finally found the link.

Class is watching a movie; I'm working on fic.
                              Last edited by ShipperWriter; 18 October 2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

That is so awesome! Congrats to you and your friend!

I wouldn't feel too bad if you missed anything. I buy a lot of books from a big time military history publishing house called Osprey. You'd probably tear your hair out at some of the errors I've caught in their books.

Yay, welcome to the madness. It only gets better.

And this is for all you "old timers", especially JT-2.

Spoiler:
                                *dies laughing* OMG. So true.

Comment

Working...
                                X