No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'd now like to invite anyone who doesn't think Teyla and Kanaan have a real relationship to watch this episode again. It could not have been more clear. I don't know what she was supposed to do to show any more emotion over him. Just because she called him "the father of my baby" and didn't come right out and say "the man I love." Pregnant women tend to focus on the baby more than anything else. They weren't married, so she couldn't call him her husband. Maybe in her culture you use that term to show the deepest love possible. Those who tried to explain this away were just grasping at very thin straws. IMHO, of course.
    Straws so thin that they break under the slightest weight. And are crushed under the level of emotion we clearly see Teyla displaying for Kanaan. *nods firmly*

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
    Just something I've been working on.

The Thing About Names, guest starring our favorite dog, Sedgewick.

Many thanks to SR for beta-reading.
    Awww, what a sweet story!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    This seems appropriate to bring up again...
    http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...onsigsmall.jpg
    Heheheh, oh you betcha that's appropriate!

Also, I did a t-shirt design for Atlantis. Wanted something pretty and feminine, since the official retailers are a bit lacking in that department.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...psdaa87e36.jpg
    That is gorgeous! And yeah, it really is too bad we didn't get anything a little nicer for us ladies in the audience; other franchises have been a lot better about getting that kind of product out on the market.

Those are both great. Make sure Eri sees the banner, so she can add it to the SGA-R site.

I noticed that the t-shirt design for the Chicago con is very good this year with Sparky featured very prominently. Go here and scroll down. Unfortunately, even though Joe and Torri are going to be there on the same day, they have a photo op for Torri/David only and strangely have paired Torri and David for the meet and greet. So much for responding to the fans.
    *snorts* Yeah, I'd had a feeling that was going to happen, so I never bothered to try to set up a trip there this year. And I expect they won't do it next year for the "last" con, either. Very disappointing.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Those are both great. Make sure Eri sees the banner, so she can add it to the SGA-R site.

I noticed that the t-shirt design for the Chicago con is very good this year with Sparky featured very prominently. Go here and scroll down. Unfortunately, even though Joe and Torri are going to be there on the same day, they have a photo op for Torri/David only and strangely have paired Torri and David for the meet and greet. So much for responding to the fans.
      That doesn't surprise me after last year's. Hence, why I didn't bother even thinking about going again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

*snorts* Yeah, I'd had a feeling that was going to happen, so I never bothered to try to set up a trip there this year. And I expect they won't do it next year for the "last" con, either. Very disappointing.
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        That doesn't surprise me after last year's. Hence, why I didn't bother even thinking about going again.
        Yeah, me too. I thought about going, but I think doing that once is enough for me. It's sad about no more US cons, but I think it's coming to a logical conclusion. They seem to be in a rut the last few years anyway. I don't know why they can't realize what a money maker Sparky would be.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, me too. I thought about going, but I think doing that once is enough for me. It's sad about no more US cons, but I think it's coming to a logical conclusion. They seem to be in a rut the last few years anyway. I don't know why they can't realize what a money maker Sparky would be.
          I can only guess that 1) they're actively anti-Sparky, and 2) they think they don't need us to make money. In the second case, they certainly didn't seem to have any trouble selling out Gold level this year, and likely won't have any trouble next year with it being the "last." But still, it's a shame that they're excluding a segment of the fandom that has remained so active and engaged this long after the series ended.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can only guess that 1) they're actively anti-Sparky, and 2) they think they don't need us to make money. In the second case, they certainly didn't seem to have any trouble selling out Gold level this year, and likely won't have any trouble next year with it being the "last." But still, it's a shame that they're excluding a segment of the fandom that has remained so active and engaged this long after the series ended.
            I even pointed that out to the guy in charge last year via email and got a standard "oh yeah we'll think about it" response. I knew then it was going nowhere. The con was great fun, but both Irish Eyes and I said we'd only go again if a whole group of us Sparkies would be going all at once.

Comment

Just something I've been working on.

The Thing About Names, guest starring our favorite dog, Sedgewick.

Many thanks to SR for beta-reading.
              Great story, I loved it.

This seems appropriate to bring up again...
              http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...onsigsmall.jpg

Also, I did a t-shirt design for Atlantis. Wanted something pretty and feminine, since the official retailers are a bit lacking in that department.

I love thos pics, they both look awesome.

It sucks (but it’s not surprising) that they didn’t out Joe and Torri together because those two are always epic. I will admit that I am a bit curies and interested in seeing Torri and David because I don’t recall if they have ever been on a stage alone together before.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                Great story, I loved it.

It sucks (but it’s not surprising) that they didn’t out Joe and Torri together because those two are always epic. I will admit that I am a bit curies and interested in seeing Torri and David because I don’t recall if they have ever been on a stage alone together before.
                I don't think the schedule for the stage appearances is out yet. Maybe we'll get the boys and Torri together. They've done the Joe/David show to death. It's time to add someone new. We can't hope for Joe and Torri, I guess.
                sigpic

Comment

Very nice.
                  Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  That was very good!
                  Awww, what a sweet story!
                  Great story, I loved it.
                  Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
                  I can't green you! *pouts* Great design - I would definitely buy that if it were on the market.

That is gorgeous! And yeah, it really is too bad we didn't get anything a little nicer for us ladies in the audience; other franchises have been a lot better about getting that kind of product out on the market.

Questions I have: what Stargate conventions are left, and based on what's been said above, are they going to end soon? The franchise has been off the air for two years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stop doing conventions.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good job on the story Sparks!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I can't green you! *pouts* Great design - I would definitely buy that if it were on the market.

Questions I have: what Stargate conventions are left, and based on what's been said above, are they going to end soon? The franchise has been off the air for two years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stop doing conventions.
                      They have announced that next year's Chicago con will be the last official Creation one. I don't think there are any others that are exclusive to Stargate. I know some of the actors do DragonCon, but I don't think there is a panel. Same for ComicCon. So if you want to see them, it's got to be in other countries.

Oh, and I'm happy with the way your fic came out. It was an easy beta job. I like easy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Erin, I loved your artwork! Nice job!

And Sparks, enjoyed your story as well! When I'm actually lucid, I'll go leave a review.

They have announced that next year's Chicago con will be the last official Creation one. I don't think there are any others that are exclusive to Stargate. I know some of the actors do DragonCon, but I don't think there is a panel. Same for ComicCon. So if you want to see them, it's got to be in other countries.

Oh, and I'm happy with the way your fic came out. It was an easy beta job. I like easy.
                        Yeah, I think any hope of me getting to a Stargate con is fading. Although a Star Trek con is not out of the question. Ooh, and Comic Con. One of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Thank you very much!

Thanks! Yeah, people have started waking up and seeing just how large and how much money can be made from the female fanbase. Finally!

They still have the Stargate Multiverse track at DragonCon. http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=stargate_multiverse
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Yeah, I think any hope of me getting to a Stargate con is fading. Although a Star Trek con is not out of the question. Ooh, and Comic Con. One of these days.
                            Join the Dark Side... Come to Comic-Con... We have cookies!

Thanks! Yeah, people have started waking up and seeing just how large and how much money can be made from the female fanbase. Finally!
                            I seem to recall there was even a panel discussion on the schedule at Comic-Con this year touching on some of those subjects. (Didn't go as it was scheduled at the same time as another panel I was interested in, otherwise I would've been there.)

Comment

And Sparks, enjoyed your story as well! When I'm actually lucid, I'll go leave a review.

DragonCon would be closer to you, and it's almost as huge.
                              sigpic

Comment

the one comic con i wish i went to was the 2008 comic con. had the whole cast of SG-1 basically there.

Comment

Working...
                                X