No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us for the fun today, and be sure to tune in next week for the insane conclusion, The Kindred Part 2! Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      So if Michael can clone a human and copy their memories, then why does he need Teyla's baby again?

Facepalm.
      Don't even try to understand it. You'll just give yourself a headache.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        So if Michael can clone a human and copy their memories, then why does he need Teyla's baby again?

Facepalm.
        I know! You'd think he could just manipulate the DNA however he wanted and custom create his own super hybrid...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Don't even try to understand it. You'll just give yourself a headache.
          I already have one, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

I'd now like to invite anyone who doesn't think Teyla and Kanaan have a real relationship to watch this episode again. It could not have been more clear. I don't know what she was supposed to do to show any more emotion over him. Just because she called him "the father of my baby" and didn't come right out and say "the man I love." Pregnant women tend to focus on the baby more than anything else. They weren't married, so she couldn't call him her husband. Maybe in her culture you use that term to show the deepest love possible. Those who tried to explain this away were just grasping at very thin straws. IMHO, of course.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd now like to invite anyone who doesn't think Teyla and Kanaan have a real relationship to watch this episode again. It could not have been more clear. I don't know what she was supposed to do to show any more emotion over him. Just because she called him "the father of my baby" and didn't come right out and say "the man I love." Pregnant women tend to focus on the baby more than anything else. They weren't married, so she couldn't call him her husband. Maybe in her culture you use that term to show the deepest love possible. Those who tried to explain this away were just grasping at very thin straws. IMHO, of course.
              Well, that's one thing shippers have to do to explain away pesky canon love interests to make their ship work. All in all, we're lucky in that sense because there aren't any canon relationships getting in the way so all we have to do is picture scenarios for Lizzie to come back but Sheppard will be waiting, single, with no babies and no canon significant other.

People who ship that other pairing must find ways to minimize not only Kanaan but also Elizabeth's importance. But we don't have to deal with any of that.

Comment

Sorry I missed the snarky postathon. Looked like fun!

I'm watching "Persuasion" again and it's trying to inspire the fic bunnies to transform the idea into a Sparky fic. Maybe if I ever find any free time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

I'm watching "Persuasion" again and it's trying to inspire the fic bunnies to transform the idea into a Sparky fic. Maybe if I ever find any free time.
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's my favorite Jane Austen. Which version are you watching?

Comment

Just something I've been working on.

The Thing About Names, guest starring our favorite dog, Sedgewick.

Many thanks to SR for beta-reading.
                    Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 12 July 2016, 02:09 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Hello all! *waves*

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                      Well, that's one thing shippers have to do to explain away pesky canon love interests to make their ship work. All in all, we're lucky in that sense because there aren't any canon relationships getting in the way so all we have to do is picture scenarios for Lizzie to come back but Sheppard will be waiting, single, with no babies and no canon significant other.

People who ship that other pairing must find ways to minimize not only Kanaan but also Elizabeth's importance. But we don't have to deal with any of that.
                      This seems appropriate to bring up again...

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Jane Austen/Regency and Sparky?!! YES PLEASE!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

Very nice.

Also, I did a t-shirt design for Atlantis. Wanted something pretty and feminine, since the official retailers are a bit lacking in that department.

Spoiler:
                      Last edited by Erin87; 21 July 2013, 05:23 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

That was very good!

Comment

I liked Teyla with Kanaan yes I am a Teyla & Ronon shipper but Kanaan is ok with me
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Teyla did seem to choose rather well. Got good taste.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Hello all! *waves*

This seems appropriate to bring up again...
                              http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/Erin87_photos/Atlantis%20Rising/tkcanonsigsmall.jpg

Jane Austen/Regency and Sparky?!! YES PLEASE!

Very nice.

Also, I did a t-shirt design for Atlantis. Wanted something pretty and feminine, since the official retailers are a bit lacking in that department.

Those are both great. Make sure Eri sees the banner, so she can add it to the SGA-R site.

I noticed that the t-shirt design for the Chicago con is very good this year with Sparky featured very prominently. Go here and scroll down. Unfortunately, even though Joe and Torri are going to be there on the same day, they have a photo op for Torri/David only and strangely have paired Torri and David for the meet and greet. So much for responding to the fans.
                              sigpic

Comment

I may be going to the Chicago Con.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X