• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I can explain Elizabeth!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Whoops, looks like John's gonna be sleeping in the doghouse tonight! LOL!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Whoops, looks like John's gonna be sleeping in the doghouse tonight! LOL!
        Wonder what he did?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

the hide/show thing - that's called spoilers. type [spoiler][/ spoiler] (without spaces) on either side of your text to hide that portion. Long ago, we had a button for it, but that was a forum hack, and Greg got tired of doing it every time there was a forum update.

Thanks for the help, Nolamom. It will come in handy.

I have to say, Midway was one of those episodes that looked like it would be really good and turned out to be a disappointment. If we’re allowed to indulge in somewhat hackneyed metaphors, the table was set, runners on base and tptw grounded into a double play. It had a couple of good moments – Teal’c and Ronon stuck watching the Three Stooges, the betting on the fight was funny and the last scene with John and Ronon was good – but most of it was pedestrian and totally forgettable. Meh.
          A lot of S4-5 was like that, stuff that should’ve worked but didn’t. They left the distinct impression the writers weren’t that interested. It’s too bad, because the ideas had potential.

In a way it's pretty funny - when I first joined here there was a lot of talk of virtual mojitos. Rewatching S4 seems to have forced everybody to skip the mixed drinks entirely and go straight to the whiskey shots.

Before I forget: SGA-Rising is hitting it out of the park. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            What are the darker thoughts that John has in Remnants?
            he basically has a death wish and that he carries this guilt of not saving people like Carson, Kate, Aiden, Elizabeth.

Comment

Remind me of the episode, please. He got attacked by Koyla? (Remnants)
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                he basically has a death wish and that he carries this guilt of not saving people like Carson, Kate, Aiden, Elizabeth.
                Poor John! This is when John is nearly suicidal right?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
                  I have to say, Midway was one of those episodes that looked like it would be really good and turned out to be a disappointment. If we’re allowed to indulge in somewhat hackneyed metaphors, the table was set, runners on base and tptw grounded into a double play. It had a couple of good moments – Teal’c and Ronon stuck watching the Three Stooges, the betting on the fight was funny and the last scene with John and Ronon was good – but most of it was pedestrian and totally forgettable. Meh.
                  A lot of S4-5 was like that, stuff that should’ve worked but didn’t. They left the distinct impression the writers weren’t that interested. It’s too bad, because the ideas had potential.
                  Yeah, that's pretty much the story of S4-5. Glorious potential wasted by a lack of imagination. Darn shame.

In a way it's pretty funny - when I first joined here there was a lot of talk of virtual mojitos. Rewatching S4 seems to have forced everybody to skip the mixed drinks entirely and go straight to the whiskey shots.
                  We figured, why cry into our beer when we could go for the good stuff?

Before I forget: SGA-Rising is hitting it out of the park. Good stuff.
                  *salutes* Thank you! Don't know if you're completely caught up now, but I'm currently working on our next episode and am hoping to have it ready to send to beta by the end of the month.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  Remind me of the episode, please. He got attacked by Koyla? (Remnants)
                  Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  Poor John! This is when John is nearly suicidal right?
                  No, kinda sorta, and no. There's a big difference between being suicidal and making a sacrifice play. John is not doing the former, but he is doing the latter. "Kolya" is a hallucination created by the Sekkari probe to keep John, which the AI on the probe recognizes as the military mind of Atlantis, from getting back to Atlantis and interfering with the AI's efforts to complete its mission. John is not deliberately seeking his own death, he's simply trying to do whatever he thinks he needs to do to protect Atlantis. That's what any soldier would do.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*salutes* Thank you! Don't know if you're completely caught up now, but I'm currently working on our next episode and am hoping to have it ready to send to beta by the end of the month.
                    Wow, that soon? I had mentally prepared myself to wait at least two or three months. Awesome!

No, kinda sorta, and no. There's a big difference between being suicidal and making a sacrifice play. John is not doing the former, but he is doing the latter. "Kolya" is a hallucination created by the Sekkari probe to keep John, which the AI on the probe recognizes as the military mind of Atlantis, from getting back to Atlantis and interfering with the AI's efforts to complete its mission. John is not deliberately seeking his own death, he's simply trying to do whatever he thinks he needs to do to protect Atlantis. That's what any soldier would do.
                    Nicely put. I don't think John was, is, or ever will be suicidal. In The Prodigal in Season 5, when John was ready to crash the Jumper into the control room tower, he did so because it was his duty to protect his city from Michael. In Adoremus of SGA-R,
                    Spoiler:
                    he didn't fly the Jumper into the ocean because he wanted to kill himself; he was just very angry and needed to do something on which he could take out his fury.
                    He makes it very clear that he doesn't condone unnecessary sacrifices in Primum Movens, when
                    Spoiler:
                    he goes back for Elizabeth even when she wanted to be left behind.

To sum up, John is a man who values human lives, including his own. He may be a soldier, and part of his duty may be to kill enemies, but part of his duty is also to save his people. He recognizes that he has a responsibility toward his people, and he is able to discern the fine line between necessary sacrifice and unnecessary suicide.
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      Wow, that soon? I had mentally prepared myself to wait at least two or three months. Awesome!
                      Eh, it still may not be until late August or early September, depending on how long we take with beta reading. And that's all assuming I make the target date I set for myself. So...not quite yet.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      Nicely put. I don't think John was, is, or ever will be suicidal. In The Prodigal in Season 5, when John was ready to crash the Jumper into the control room tower, he did so because it was his duty to protect his city from Michael. In Adoremus of SGA-R,
                      Spoiler:
                      he didn't fly the Jumper into the ocean because he wanted to kill himself; he was just very angry and needed to do something on which he could take out his fury.
                      He makes it very clear that he doesn't condone unnecessary sacrifices in Primum Movens, when
                      Spoiler:
                      he goes back for Elizabeth even when she wanted to be left behind.

To sum up, John is a man who values human lives, including his own. He may be a soldier, and part of his duty may be to kill enemies, but part of his duty is also to save his people. He recognizes that he has a responsibility toward his people, and he is able to discern the fine line between necessary sacrifice and unnecessary suicide.
                      In-very-deed. And he'd find it rather difficult to continue to protect his people if he just foolishly and needlessly threw his life away.

Comment

a tutorial I was trying out

sigpic

Comment

Deliberate repost.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          a tutorial I was trying out

I really like it, Nolamom.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Interesting tutorial nola!

Comment

Eh, it still may not be until late August or early September, depending on how long we take with beta reading. And that's all assuming I make the target date I set for myself. So...not quite yet.
                              Should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Love it!
                              sigpic
                              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Woah... cool effect!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X