Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
    *comes out of lurker mode*
    Hello, everyone! I've been following this thread for the last three or four months and finally decided to register. So bare with me as I figure my way around here.
    Welcome to the thread!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    So, as tragic as Sheppard/Weir was, the fact that Elizabeth's absence left such a gaping painful hole in Sheppard's heart pretty much guarantees that my love for them will never die.
    I agree. But never the less I would have preferred to have been able to see a happy ending for the both of them.

What made me not give up on Sparky was John’s grief over Elizabeth. The fact he teared up a bit, when Keller told him about Elizabeth’s condition, if I hadn’t been sold to the Sparkiness before, this part would have definitely made the trick.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    Many thanks to you all, this has been a very interesting experience
    We do this every Sunday around this time.

They are team mates and friends and they care about each other. IDK, I always liked their friendship, so their moments didn't bother me as much as it bothered some of my shipmates. Because you can care about the people in your life in different ways and just because he was worried, it doesn't have to necessarily mean anything else.

I choose to leave aside outside influences or tptb's expectations when looking at their dynamics. I don't care about what tptb want me to see or what other people want to see, they can't force me to see something that just isn't there to me. So, when I look at them I see a friendship, comradeship but nothing else.
    I always saw/see John and Teyla as good friends. I always felt that Teyla in a way tried to care a little bit more about John after Elizabeth’s departure.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
    Nice video. I do love this song very much!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I wasn't able to participate in this weeks post-a-thon, but I'm not too disappointed since this weeks episode is not a favorite of mine. Hopefully, I'll be around for Quarantine.
    It will be great if you will be able to join us next week!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And I'm back to announce that PM Part II Act I is up. See that wasn't so long a wait.
    Spoiler:
    It really seemed we are kind of back to the old times. Isn’t it great?!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/atl_412_936manip.jpg~original
    Love it!!!
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

*comes out of lurker mode*
      Hello, everyone! I've been following this thread for the last three or four months and finally decided to register. So bare with me as I figure my way around here.
      Welcome to the thread!!

I don't take into account anything that person says. Why should I pay attention to someone whose opinion of the show is so low and who couldn't care less about preserving the integrity of this show and the characters? A person who got the show cancelled, that how little he cared.

This movie was never going to be made, it was never even a plan to make it in a distant future, it was never going to be happen, period. And the talks about this ~movie are nothing but a laughable attempt at getting back at SGA fans for getting that other show cancelled, you know they blame us. It's a take that, see what you could have had but you ruined it.
      ^^^THIS A THOUSAND TIMES

So I came across The Last Song on TV today and was inspired to make the final touches on my fanvid. It's the product of three months' worth of work. I hope you enjoy it!

And thanks to ShipperWriter for allowing me to use this song.

Spoiler:
      Brava!

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        We do this every Sunday around this time.
        It's a really good idea Do you watch the episodes in chronological order?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
          It's a really good idea Do you watch the episodes in chronological order?
          Yes, we do. Next Sunday it will be "Quarantine".
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Okay thanks I don't have SGA on DVD so I'll just read all your messages

Comment

So I came across The Last Song on TV today and was inspired to make the final touches on my fanvid. It's the product of three months' worth of work. I hope you enjoy it!

And thanks to ShipperWriter for allowing me to use this song.

Spoiler:
              I really like it, Sparks!!!! Great job.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Good Monday morning afternoon, everyone! I had an uneventful weekend, but more on that later.

And welcome to It's a Paradox!
                Welcome to the thread!
                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Welcome to the thread!!
                Thank you!
                sigpic
                Sig by (x)

Comment

I'm going to try to catch up, but I'm terrible at watching in chronological order. I keep watching random episodes here and there. But I really want to watch them in order. Though it's easier to watch them now because I have SGA-R to cleanse my palate. And it hasn't been so bad, I forgot how much I loved all the characters, so I try to focus on them instead of how much I miss Lizzie.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I can't give you green (virtual green will have to do) and could you send that manip to me via PM? So I can upload it to my bucket?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

you can directly from here, just right click, and then save as
                        sigpic

Comment

Thoughts brought to you by my watching random season 5 episodes.

I know I talk about this a lot, it's just, isn't it strange that as much as tptb hated Sheppard/Weir and as eager as they (and shippers of rival pairings) were to get rid of her, they didn't seize the chance to make one of those rival pairings canon? In fact, they did the opposite. They gave everyone, except Sheppard, a significant other. And this only made Sheppard's loneliness, and the void Elizabeth's absence left in his life stand out.

IDK, it's just something that's always confused me about them. How they apparently wanted one thing but everything they did went against it. They shipped one pairing but they created a narrative that turned Elizabeth into the most significant person in Sheppard's life. To the point that her loss turned him into a shadow of himself.

And it's striking because I've been re-watching episodes of The Mentalist. I don't know if any of you have watched this show but Jane, the protagonist, lost his wife and daughter. And the way John behaves is reminiscent of Jane. And it's taken Jane ten years to even begin to allow himself to open up to another person. Though John is even more subdued than Jane. Because his pain is still very fresh. In fact we got to see a flashback episode where they showed Jane a couple months after his family got killed. Now, that Jane really resembled John.

And I look at John, without Elizabeth, and he behaves like a widower.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thoughts brought to you by my watching random season 5 episodes.

I know I talk about this a lot, it's just, isn't it strange that as much as tptb hated Sheppard/Weir and as eager as they (and shippers of rival pairings) were to get rid of her, they didn't seize the chance to make one of those rival pairings canon? In fact, they did the opposite. They gave everyone, except Sheppard, a significant other. And this only made Sheppard's loneliness, and the void Elizabeth's absence left in his life stand out.

IDK, it's just something that's always confused me about them. How they apparently wanted one thing but everything they did went against it. They shipped one pairing but they created a narrative that turned Elizabeth into the most significant person in Sheppard's life. To the point that her loss turned him into a shadow of himself.

And it's striking because I've been re-watching episodes of The Mentalist. I don't know if any of you have watched this show but Jane, the protagonist, lost his wife and daughter. And the way John behaves is reminiscent of Jane. And it's taken Jane ten years to even begin to allow himself to open up to another person. Though John is even more subdued than Jane. Because his pain is still very fresh. In fact we got to see a flashback episode where they showed Jane a couple months after his family got killed. Now, that Jane really resembled John.

And I look at John, without Elizabeth, and he behaves like a widower.
                              I watch The Mentalist also, and yes, the woobie face is universal when you've lost a loved one. He doesn't remind me of John in any other way though because I think Jane is a bit wacko, but anyway. And I'm praying they don't hook him up with Lisbon. If you want to be reminded of John, watch Hell on Wheels from the beginning.

Pretty much everyone agrees that John lost his devil-may-care spirit when he lost her, even if they don't ship them. In fact I know that at least one other shipper group blame the writers for focusing on that loss and neglecting to show the wuv twoo wuv between John and someone else who shall remain nameless who is not Teyla.

I honestly don't think these writers have a clue what they did. Maybe they don't know all the romance tropes. Maybe they never in their lives watched a show with a will-they/won't-they arc. Maybe they don't read books or watch movies with any romantic angles. All that would have to be true for them not to have seen the symbolism in, for example, him carrying her in his arms to the infirmary or the dozens of other little things that showed their connection. But aside from all that, we've got the total lack of a similar connection with any other character.

Well okay you might say, he kissed Teyla. But consider the circumstances. That would have been like Dracula biting the neck of some random female who wandered up...outside influences. And she was obviously offended and relieved not to talk about it. Now, I'm no expert, but that signals the end of it to me. Saving her life numerous times, which the writers themselves held up as an example of him caring for her? WTF? He saved Jennifer's life and almost died, plus almost every other principal character at least once. They were just clueless about their own writing. We used to speculate that there was an editor who was secretly Sparky and was editing the show to play up that angle.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I watch The Mentalist also, and yes, the woobie face is universal when you've lost a loved one. He doesn't remind me of John in any other way though because I think Jane is a bit wacko, but anyway. And I'm praying they don't hook him up with Lisbon. If you want to be reminded of John, watch Hell on Wheels from the beginning.

Pretty much everyone agrees that John lost his devil-may-care spirit when he lost her, even if they don't ship them. In fact I know that at least one other shipper group blame the writers for focusing on that loss and neglecting to show the wuv twoo wuv between John and someone else who shall remain nameless who is not Teyla.

I honestly don't think these writers have a clue what they did. Maybe they don't know all the romance tropes. Maybe they never in their lives watched a show with a will-they/won't-they arc. Maybe they don't read books or watch movies with any romantic angles. All that would have to be true for them not to have seen the symbolism in, for example, him carrying her in his arms to the infirmary or the dozens of other little things that showed their connection. But aside from all that, we've got the total lack of a similar connection with any other character.

Well okay you might say, he kissed Teyla. But consider the circumstances. That would have been like Dracula biting the neck of some random female who wandered up...outside influences. And she was obviously offended and relieved not to talk about it. Now, I'm no expert, but that signals the end of it to me. Saving her life numerous times, which the writers themselves held up as an example of him caring for her? WTF? He saved Jennifer's life and almost died, plus almost every other principal character at least once. They were just clueless about their own writing. We used to speculate that there was an editor who was secretly Sparky and was editing the show to play up that angle.
                                What have I been saying all along? Sparky is on screen, therefore it is canon.

But really, I have to wonder about TPTW. I guess I'm still kind of in shock that anyone could actually be that clueless about how the things they wrote could be perceived by the audience and that, geewiz, people actually develop different interpretations? And they call themselves professionals who understand what audiences want? Really, TPTW? *shakes head*

Oh well, we still haz fanfic.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X