Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to pack for my two night trip to Estonia but since I hate packing I keep getting distracted.

Originally posted by Varda View Post
    Hey there!
    Home, sweet home...

Thank you all for that well wishes.
    I did have a lot of fun enjoying fresh air and serenity of the country, looking after my younger cousins... And it was great to celebrate the Easter together.
    Though we also worked a lot: helped our grandparents to clean the house after winter, spent a lot of time in the garden with plants and seeds... Oooh, my whole body aches now!

I did miss you, by the way...
    Welcome back Varda, I’m glad to hear that you had a good time.
    sigpic

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
        Hey there!
        Home, sweet home...

Thank you all for that well wishes.
        I did have a lot of fun enjoying fresh air and serenity of the country, looking after my younger cousins... And it was great to celebrate the Easter together.
        Though we also worked a lot: helped our grandparents to clean the house after winter, spent a lot of time in the garden with plants and seeds... Oooh, my whole body aches now!

I did miss you, by the way...
        Welcome back, Varda. Glad you had fun.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I've been re-watching some odd episodes here and there and it's taken me by surprise how well it stands the test of time. Seeing John going all out on Kolya in The Eye is still every bit as fun as the first time. And every sparky moment is even more cherished than the first time.

Whatever tptb intended to do seems inconsequential now. Sparky was awesome, it's one of my most precious otps. They were so beautiful, I think they've even de-throned Mulder and Scully as my otp to end all otps.

This was brought to you by my re-watch of The Storm and The Eye, lol.

ETA: Also, this scene still makes my knees go weak.

Last edited by Luz; 06 May 2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

John went John McClaine on Koyla's Butt.

Comment

I was talking to a friend today and she mentioned she was reading this book and it made her think of me. The lead female character was a huge sci-fi buff and trying to get the male to watch them with her. She couldn't think of the name of the program that was discussed. I brought up Atlantis and she said "Yes! That's the one I couldn't remember."

I explained to her how it changed show runners in the middle and the quality suffered in the same way that Angel did (she is a Buffy and Angel fan) so that made her understand.

I'm not sure how I should feel about the fact that a sci-fi nerd woman is mentioned in a book and it made someone think of me. I choose to take it as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                  I've been re-watching some odd episodes here and there and it's taken me by surprise how well it stands the test of time. Seeing John going all out on Kolya in The Eye is still every bit as fun as the first time. And every sparky moment is even more cherished than the first time.
                  This I completely agree with. A well acted scene, or well written dialogue, will last a lot longer than "you have the conn"

Whatever tptb intended to do seems inconsequential now. Sparky was awesome, it's one of my most precious otps. They were so beautiful, I think they've even de-throned Mulder and Scully as my otp to end all otps.

I think I got attached to sparky despite knowing it wasn't the intended ship. I'd almost go so far as to say that made it better coz I kept trying to rationalise it.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I was talking to a friend today and she mentioned she was reading this book and it made her think of me. The lead female character was a huge sci-fi buff and trying to get the male to watch them with her. She couldn't think of the name of the program that was discussed. I brought up Atlantis and she said "Yes! That's the one I couldn't remember."

I explained to her how it changed show runners in the middle and the quality suffered in the same way that Angel did (she is a Buffy and Angel fan) so that made her understand.

I'm not sure how I should feel about the fact that a sci-fi nerd woman is mentioned in a book and it made someone think of me. I choose to take it as a compliment.
                  But hey, the nerd had a boyfriend!! So she can't have been that big of a nerd. Vote of confidence, I say! You should feel good about that scenario (it was probably the Atlantis bit that made her think of you) - I'm the one who feels bad coz I know exactly what you're talking about with Angel. The quality drop-off was highlighted when Cordy came back for their 100th ep. I am so disappointed with myself right now
                  sigpic

Comment

Angel is a great comparison. I get that totally, and if you want to go outside SciFi, there's always Bones. Hmmm, David B. has a history, doesn't he?

Do you know what the book was?

I love being an outside the norm nerd. I was hanging out with the AV club back in high school and reading Tolkien. If you don't know what the AV club was, you are young. *snort* Now when I tell people about my SciFi involvement, most of them profess shock. Women look at me weird and purse their lips. Men raise their eyebrows and act like they think I've suddenly become more interesting. LOL I'm past the age where I keep quiet to avoid anyone thinking less of me. Screw 'em. I am what I am. Like it or move away.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../je-1x10-7.gif
                      Oh, I'm right there with you! All those classic Sparky moments still get me every single time I watch them. *flails*

It is totally a compliment!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Angel is a great comparison. I get that totally, and if you want to go outside SciFi, there's always Bones. Hmmm, David B. has a history, doesn't he?

Do you know what the book was?

I love being an outside the norm nerd. I was hanging out with the AV club back in high school and reading Tolkien. If you don't know what the AV club was, you are young. *snort* Now when I tell people about my SciFi involvement, most of them profess shock. Women look at me weird and purse their lips. Men raise their eyebrows and act like they think I've suddenly become more interesting. LOL I'm past the age where I keep quiet to avoid anyone thinking less of me. Screw 'em. I am what I am. Like it or move away.
                      I know what you mean, I totally revel in my nerdiness.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../je-1x10-7.gif
                        Long live the Sparky!!!!

SGA without Sparky isn’t SGA, and the proof of that are seasons 4 and 5.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Oh, I'm right there with you! All those classic Sparky moments still get me every single time I watch them. *flails*

I know what you mean, I totally revel in my nerdiness.
                            I know what you mean, SK. The classic moments become more and more obvious each time I watch the episode.

Same here. Especially on those rare moments when I run into a fellow fan. Most of the time, people I know have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I know what you mean, SK. The classic moments become more and more obvious each time I watch the episode.
                              So obvious, you can practically set your watch to them!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Same here. Especially on those rare moments when I run into a fellow fan. Most of the time, people I know have no idea what I'm talking about.
                              Exactly! It's like having your own super seekrit code language that no one else understands. So. Much. FUN!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                So obvious, you can practically set your watch to them!

Exactly! It's like having your own super seekrit code language that no one else understands. So. Much. FUN!
                                How very true.

I'm still a little curious if anyone else at the Airplane Museum in Canton had any idea what I was talking to another guy about for 20 minutes. All I did was notice the SG-1 pin on his hat and we ended up talking about SG-1 and Atlantis instead of the restored WWII planes that we were waiting on to fly in.
                                Last edited by mandogater; 08 May 2013, 06:35 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Working...
                                X