• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    But those books are fanfic. So stick to good fanfic. *snort*
    Hence why I stay away from the books...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Just feel the need to point out that it's true that Joe is even better looking in person.
    So is Torri by the way...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Funny how you seem to work that into every conversation about the man. But I can attest to the fact that you are indeed correct. With all the surfing and skiing and so on, I would imagine that he is very strong. He was surprisingly muscular also. You expect to feel skin and bones, but it's all hard muscle. *fans self*

<snip>

What is wrong with you today? Hormone surge? But yes, even Mr. SR said that is true. Hard to believe, I know, but there it is. I was chatting with a nice lady about my age while waiting in line for my pic with Joe at the ChiCon. She had met him before and had been at a Meet and Greet at another con. She warned me that the first glimpse of him would take my breath away. I'm so glad she did, because I was braced when he came walking down the hall right toward us. The camera doesn't do him justice.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      So is Torri by the way...
      This is also true.

Comment

Funny how you seem to work that into every conversation about the man. But I can attest to the fact that you are indeed correct. With all the surfing and skiing and so on, I would imagine that he is very strong. He was surprisingly muscular also. You expect to feel skin and bones, but it's all hard muscle. *fans self*
        *faints again*

I don't know for sure, but I gather from some of the reviews of the other books that
        Spoiler:

Elizabeth ascends and then helps Rodney in some way and possibly descends. Of course, I'm sure they would never have her come into contact with John, or if they did, it would be a very business like and cold encounter.
        I only
        Spoiler:
        reached the part in which we learn she has ascended. I never knew if she actually descended or not. That’s what i am curious to know about the most!

I'm so proud of SGA-R because we haven't let our ship preference change the way we write the characters, and we haven't denied any relationships or changed them to suit our ship ideas.
        Go SGA-R!!!!

What is wrong with you today? Hormone surge? But yes, even Mr. SR said that is true. Hard to believe, I know, but there it is. I was chatting with a nice lady about my age while waiting in line for my pic with Joe at the ChiCon. She had met him before and had been at a Meet and Greet at another con. She warned me that the first glimpse of him would take my breath away. I'm so glad she did, because I was braced when he came walking down the hall right toward us. The camera doesn't do him justice.
        You are all trying to kill me today!!
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
          Elizabeth passed out on the control room, but while John was carrying her to the infirmary she woke up, but he told her to rest and that he was taking her to the infirmary, so since she was a little bit awake, she hold on more tightly to John. (Of course we don’t see this happening, but that’s what i think, in my head, that happened, that’s the perfect explanation for her to be holding him like that. )
          That’s not a bad explanation and I think it’s a very possible one.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Eh, don't be. Stick to fanfic, you'll stay sane that way.
          It’s also cheaper since the books are basically fanfics you have to pay for anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by america126
            here is some of what i found

Elizabeth? So many questions and unknowns. The line between reward and punishment is so very thin!Yes, that is a thin line. But I think she's out there, and that what she's lost was worth it for Rodney.

Elizabeth got kicked out of Ascension, as she knew she would if she saved Rodney's life. And that was the choice. She could let Rodney complete his mission and he would destroy the weapon, but he knew it was a suicide mission and so did she. Or she could save Rodney's life, but the price would be her immortality. And being Elizabeth, she chose to act.

So she's out there somewhere, as Sam suggested.
            So she ended up, once again, "floating" somewhere. Almost as in the show itself. So we end up not knowing what really happens to her after all, i mean we knew she has ascended but after the events of the books i guess we ended up not knowing once again what really happened to her. I really don't know what to say about all this, honestly. Maybe it would have been better if they hadn't mentioned her at all!
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

So she ended up, once again, "floating" somewhere. Almost as in the show itself. So we end up not knowing what really happens to her after all, i mean we knew she has ascended but after the events of the books i guess we ended up not knowing once again what really happened to her. I really don't know what to say about all this, honestly. Maybe it would have been better if they hadn't mentioned her at all!
              I don't know why but that quote from america126 is not showing up for me. Oddly odd.

Anyway, that comes from the author's blog I believe and is indeed most unsatisfactory. I was hoping they would just leave her alone too.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

yes it comes from the author's livejournal, maybe it would have been better if they had never
                mentioned her at all!!! because honestly. i am still pretty mad about it and i know that some of you agree with me, because the fact is.that it totally ruined the show. i only read the first two books and have no intention of finishing the book series ever.

anyway. i am reading the beautiful creatures book series and am going to see the movie soon. i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what has been happening on the thread??????

Comment

I don't know for sure, but I gather from some of the reviews of the other books that
                  Spoiler:
                  Elizabeth ascends and then helps Rodney in some way and possibly descends. Of course, I'm sure they would never have her come into contact with John, or if they did, it would be a very business like and cold encounter.
                  Thank you. At least now I have some idea.

I hope i am not spoiling anything for you with what i am about to say, but she was able to ruin Rodney’s character in my opinion.
                  Don't worry, I'm not afraid to be spoiled. I'm not going to read these books anyway. I'd read a summary if it was available, but I will not spend my money on them. So if you know what she did to Rodney's character, please tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                    So if you know what she did to Rodney's character, please tell me.
                    Spoiler:
                    He was turned into a Wraith.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      He was turned into a Wraith.
                      And not only that, but
                      Spoiler:
                      he stayed separated from the rest of the team for most of the series of books. I don't think they like him much, so it makes sense they would put him with their least favorite character, Elizabeth. I heard too that there is a bit of Todd/Jennifer. It's no wonder that these books are so unpopular in fandom. I don't know anybody who has read all of them. I gather the Wraith fans like them, but I don't know of any other group that does. As far as I know, a lot of the shippers who supposedly got what they wanted in the books haven't read them either. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe they don't like the way it was handled. I'm not curious enough to read and find out the details.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh really?!?

It's worse than I thought...

Comment

Oh really?!?

It's worse than I thought...
                          Isn't it always?
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I guess it is.

Comment

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Just feel the need to point out that it's true that Joe is even better looking in person.
                                This.

RAWR.

I'm so proud of SGA-R because we haven't let our ship preference change the way we write the characters, and we haven't denied any relationships or changed them to suit our ship ideas.
                                And just as importantly, the changes we do make enhance canon, rather than denying it. That's a big difference.

I usually only read Sparky fanfic. And as soon as i saw the legacy books were not that kind of fanfic, i stopped reading them (after the second book).
                                Wise decision.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                It’s also cheaper since the books are basically fanfics you have to pay for anyway.
                                LOL! True fax, dat! We're all cheapskates!

Anyway, that comes from the author's blog I believe and is indeed most unsatisfactory. I was hoping they would just leave her alone too.
                                That's... unfortunate. But also not unexpected, given the publicly available information on the authors' preferences.

And again, this is why Atlantis Rising is superior to the books. We're not letting our personal opinions of what happened in canon cloud our judgement. We find a way to make the stories we want to tell work hand-in-hand with canon, even if some bits of canon are things that we didn't like.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X