Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Those are very good "what ifs." I think John would absolutely have gone to try a rescue if he had been in charge. He was almost begging Carter to give him permission. The only complaint I have, and again this comes down to the writing, is that he was OOC by being so patient and following orders. Where was that rebel Sheppard from S1?
    first of all wanna say I'm glad you enjoyed my "what if's" scenarios. Those were always on the top of My mind.

I think during thanksgiving break I might do a small short story maybe 20 pages at the least where it deals with Sheppard's first week of the job as Commander of Atlantis (taking place at least 3 weeks after "Lifeline).

as he deals with the politics of running a base, and when the IOA denies his request again to rescue Elizabeth, he decides to take matters into his own hands.

It's a WIP and I'm still trying to find a good time to write.
    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 14 September 2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope those of you in today's iPhone 5 launch countries were able to get your pre-orders in before the shipping estimates slipped to two weeks. Me, I'm waiting for T-Mobile to get nano-SIMs in the US before I jump in.

Those are very good "what ifs." I think John would absolutely have gone to try a rescue if he had been in charge. He was almost begging Carter to give him permission. The only complaint I have, and again this comes down to the writing, is that he was OOC by being so patient and following orders. Where was that rebel Sheppard from S1?
      No kidding! The only semi-reasonable explanation I can come up with is that Elizabeth was able to teach him the virtue of patience and he was trying to apply those lessons here. But I admit, even that's a stretch. Because darnit, he just wants his girl back.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope those of you in today's iPhone 5 launch countries were able to get your pre-orders in before the shipping estimates slipped to two weeks. Me, I'm waiting for T-Mobile to get nano-SIMs in the US before I jump in.

No kidding! The only semi-reasonable explanation I can come up with is that Elizabeth was able to teach him the virtue of patience and he was trying to apply those lessons here. But I admit, even that's a stretch. Because darnit, he just wants his girl back.
        *wibbles* I know what you mean. Just thinking about it makes me mad, and the last thing I need today is another reason to be mad. Especially since I am about to start the final edit on BOD.

Forgive me for the late start, but my favorite store had a huge sale and my attendance was required. I got a $229 silk blazer for $19.99, plus another 15% off my entire order.

Also, I don't think I'll make the postathon this week. SR Jr. and Miss M want to meet us for an early dinner. The Tower snark will have to go on without me.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I had a really ****ty day at work... so if at all possible... (wear those flac-vests).... cheer me up!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Half done. *goes back to work*
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

IT'S ALMOST SUNDAY!!! SQUEEE *Flais*

Comment

The final edit on BOD is finished and off to Anuna. She will correct a few errors, send it off for a final looksee, and then hopefully we can get it posted next week. I was beginning to think this day would never come. Won't be long now.
                  sigpic

Comment

The final edit on BOD is finished and off to Anuna. She will correct a few errors, send it off for a final looksee, and then hopefully we can get it posted next week. I was beginning to think this day would never come. Won't be long now.
                    does a little happy dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I had a really ****ty day at work... so if at all possible... (wear those flac-vests).... cheer me up!
                      Never mind... watched Aeon Flux - Charlize Theron was a pleasure to look at.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've got the champagne on ice.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Never mind... watched Aeon Flux - Charlize Theron was a pleasure to look at.
                        Ah, now there's a good pick-me-up!

Speaking of Charlize, can't wait until October when I can get my hands on Prometheus on Blu-ray. Vickers was a badass.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We watched 6 Bullets last night.
                          Spoiler:
                          I had a very meh reaction, which was not what I expected. Overall, for its genre, the movie was good. Mr. SR enjoyed it immensely, mostly because he's a big JCVD fan. Joe, as usual, was very good, but there was not as much action as I had hoped. He had a couple of good fight scenes and the woobie face was evident throughout. However, something was missing. *shrugs* I think if there had been better acting from the rest of the cast, it would have helped. The woman who played his wife was purely awful and the lack of chemistry between them was so bad, it seemed like they were close to divorce at times. LOL The daughter was good though and had really good chemistry with Joe. Surprisingly, it's not something I would ever watch again even for the Joe parts. One of my favorite scenes was when he went into a strip bar looking for his daughter and the women kept hitting on him. The look on his face was pure Joe and so natural that he didn't even seem to be acting. I guess he's used to that sort of thing. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

SR, thanks for the observations on 6 Bullets.
                            Spoiler:
                            I've been lurking on the JoeF Whump and Thunk threads and the consensus seems to agree with you; Joe and JCVD were good, the rest of the actors were hit and miss, and the writing wasn't that great. I'd say that's typical of a direct-to-video movie.

I do want to get a hold of 6B at some point, but the reviews have got me in no hurry.

Comment

Thanks for the review on 6 Bullets. I'm not an action fan and definitely not an JCVD fan so I wasn't planning on seeing it. I figure if I wait patiently someday all Joe's scenes will be condensed in a Youtube video.

Comment

Joe's wife in Six bullets was on SG-1. she played Dr. Daniel Jackson's former girlfriend sarah who was taken a host in SG-1 Season Four "The Curse" and was ridden of it in Season 7's "Chimera."

Comment

Working...
                                X