Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    There's a Sparky one, yes. It's got a swear word in it so let me put it in spoilers.

Well, crap. The swear filter here removes it. It's the f word in front of "yeahsparky".

Over there I'm mathgirl24. You can look at my feed to see some of the people who create the Sparky stuff. I don't want to put that on here cause they're individual people and they might not want the attention.
    Thank you very much! I'll go look at it!

Comment

*enjoying my "me"-evening*

Off to watch the new episode of Hawaii Five-O - Sparky on friends!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        Thank you very much! I'll go look at it!
        Please follow me if you'd like. I always appreciate new followers.

Howdy, FH! Hope you enjoy your time.

Comment

Please follow me if you'd like. I always appreciate new followers.

Howdy, FH! Hope you enjoy your time.
          Oh, I don't have a Tumblr account... and I'm not sure I'm going to get one. It's too addictive. I just look at the pretty pictures. However, in case I can't resist Tumblr's siren song anymore and create an account, I will definitely follow you!

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I'm still Farscaping across the galaxy... ...skipping through the seasons watching episodes here and there.

Keeps my mind occupied so it can't return to the dark places it's been going lately. Made a big decision today that most likely will cost me my job (better to get fired then to resign but still the result will be the same).
              Ack! Well, if it's what needs to be done, then it's what needs to be done. Hope things work out for you. *hugs*

There's a Sparky one, yes. It's got a swear word in it so let me put it in spoilers.

Well, crap. The swear filter here removes it. It's the f word in front of "yeahsparky".

Over there I'm mathgirl24. You can look at my feed to see some of the people who create the Sparky stuff. I don't want to put that on here cause they're individual people and they might not want the attention.
              Darnit, I guess I'm gonna have to go join Tumblr.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sparky She-Demon requested this:

sigpic

Comment

I'm on Tumblr too...never realized there's a sparky tumblr i can follow (i don't poke around too much there)...gonna hafta check that out!
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

Someone on Tumblr created these animated gifs of jealous John from Irresistible:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/41bd39455...gmrfo1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/47ce06756...gmrfo3_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c9a3d9685...gmrfo2_250.gif

The way the camera panned was used to show jealousy. I remember an NCIS episode where Ziva was chatting up some guy and they did the exact same pan to Tony's similarly disgruntled face.
                    When I first watched that scene, I remember getting the impression that John was just impatient, as seen when he drums his fingers on the control console. But now, I look at those gifs, and I can see how it's plausible that John is displaying jealousy. He glares at both Elizabeth and Lucius, clearly not happy with either of them, and he presses his lips tightly together as he slouches back against the console. It's amazing how body language can convey so much.

Here's a question: if John had known that Elizabeth had gone out with Mike Branton in "Sunday," would he have been as jealous as he was in "Irresistable," or would he have hand-waved it aside? I once read a fic that took place after "Sunday," in which John was very questioning about why Elizabeth had gone out with Mike Branton. To me, it seemed a bit OOC; it didn't seem like John would be the type of person who would make such a big deal out of something that was already in the past and of no further concern to Elizabeth. I wonder if John was jealous in "Irresistable" more out of disgust by how Lucius was influencing everyone, including Elizabeth, around him than out of actual jealousy by how Elizabeth was being allured by a man with impure motives.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Ooh, now that is just evil.
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                      I'm on Tumblr too...never realized there's a sparky tumblr i can follow (i don't poke around too much there)...gonna hafta check that out!
                      It has lots of fun pictures and stuff, but this thread is much better for chatting. I know some people chat on that, but it's not as easy (at least to me). Mine is about 40% Sparky, 40% Hunger Games, 10% Doctor Who, 5% cute animals, and then random other 5%.

Well, looking through my posts, maybe the cute animals percentage is higher.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      When I first watched that scene, I remember getting the impression that John was just impatient, as seen when he drums his fingers on the control console. But now, I look at those gifs, and I can see how it's plausible that John is displaying jealousy. He glares at both Elizabeth and Lucius, clearly not happy with either of them, and he presses his lips tightly together as he slouches back against the console. It's amazing how body language can convey so much.
                      Yeah, it can definitely be read that way. It could be read either way, really. That's the beauty of subtle ship, as opposed to ship anvils. We can squee over it but fans of other ships can hand wave it away.

Here's a question: if John had known that Elizabeth had gone out with Mike Branton in "Sunday," would he have been as jealous as he was in "Irresistable," or would he have hand-waved it aside? I once read a fic that took place after "Sunday," in which John was very questioning about why Elizabeth had gone out with Mike Branton. To me, it seemed a bit OOC; it didn't seem like John would be the type of person who would make such a big deal out of something that was already in the past and of no further concern to Elizabeth. I wonder if John was jealous in "Irresistable" more out of disgust by how Lucius was influencing everyone, including Elizabeth, around him than out of actual jealousy by how Elizabeth was being allured by a man with impure motives.
                      Interesting question. I could imagine him being a little put out by it. I don't see him going crazy about it, but I can imagine some pointed questioning, especially if John had thought Elizabeth wouldn't date because of her authority position. That might lead him to think "well, then why not us?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        That's awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ack! Well, if it's what needs to be done, then it's what needs to be done. Hope things work out for you. *hugs*
                          Spoilered for OT-ness...

Spoiler:
                          Had a good talk with my supervisor today and learned that because of the position the company is in right now, someone has to go. She had to make the decision who that would be and I told her to put my name at the top. Normally that wouldn't have been possible since as the union rep one is protected from such measures for the duration of one's mandate, but I resigned from that on monday so I'm no longer under that protection. She seemed somewhat relieved to know that I willingly volunteered myself as the one to go if it comes to that. Next week thursday is the end of the month, so who knows it could also be my last day at my current job. With all I know right now, that does make me a wee bit anxious nonetheless.

With all that angst and being sick again... who knows, I might just write good fic.

In other news - bought two new fish.

Comment

Ooh, now that is just evil.
                            There has been much discussion about whether John is jealous or just peeved. Knowing the intent of the writers, I'm fairly certain he was not intentionally being jealous. But then, in S4 he was supposedly jealous of Kanaan, and that seemed even less obvious than this. So, it's all up to the interpretation of the viewer. I want him to be jealous but rationally I have to think he's just about had it with all of them and that's the emotion he's displaying.

On Mike Branton, I'm sure that it would be very OOC of John to bring that up with Elizabeth. When did we ever see him interfere in anyone's personal life? And as careful as he was to preserve his own privacy, I don't think he would ever have said anything to her. If it had been brought up to him, maybe by Rodney, he would have said it was none of his business and put a stop to the conversation. John held everything close to the vest, so he would just keep his opinion to himself.

There is a fine line for a shipper between what is logical and what we wished had been true. We blur that line a lot, which is fine. That's what shippers do. We imagine what we wanted to be true, and ignore the reality of what the writers and actors intended to show us. And I'm fine with that, BTW.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Spoilered for OT-ness...

Spoiler:
                            Had a good talk with my supervisor today and learned that because of the position the company is in right now, someone has to go. She had to make the decision who that would be and I told her to put my name at the top. Normally that wouldn't have been possible since as the union rep one is protected from such measures for the duration of one's mandate, but I resigned from that on monday so I'm no longer under that protection. She seemed somewhat relieved to know that I willingly volunteered myself as the one to go if it comes to that. Next week thursday is the end of the month, so who knows it could also be my last day at my current job. With all I know right now, that does make me a wee bit anxious nonetheless.

With all that angst and being sick again... who knows, I might just write good fic.

In other news - bought two new fish.
                            I hope it works out for you and you have some good new prospects. What did you name your fish?
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I hope it works out for you and you have some good new prospects. What did you name your fish?
                              I hope it does.

My new fish are a couple, and I named them Sid & Nancy. Actually my sister named them that, after the Diictadons from the British show Primeval (not after the punkrockers directly).

Comment

Hello everyone!

I really admire your decision FH and I know that things will work out for the best in the end.

Awesome gifs.
                                That scene as many have said can defiantly be viewed in different ways. I do wonder if the jealousy part comes from the other moment on that episode when John reacts angrily when McKay tells him that Elizabeth is off making Lucius a sandwich, now this scene can also be viewed in different ways but I do feel personally that when you put those two scenes together then it’s not very surprising that people might wonder, but it’s not really out there like that so people can really view it either way.
                                That scene is also very similar to this scene from ‘Progeny’ but like with the other one there it can also be viewed in different ways.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X