Clear All

The episode tomorrow will be The Game.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Love it!
      I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

OMFG! That is EPIC!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
          Wow, i had never thought about it that way before. Interesting, Brie! Yeah, that is an awesome idea. Another opportunity wasted by the writers in which they could have developed the friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla, since they had this in common. Both of them have, at this point (Tao of Rodney’s episode), something from non human origin in their bodies.
          And it wasn’t just something non-human but also something that came from the shows “bad guys” (wraith and replicators) which could have been used to create some moments when maybe they feel a bit unsure of themselves or having them feel doubt about themselves and/or how other might perceive them, it’s hard to explain but I do feel that they could have used it better.

I love it!
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/SparkyCM4.jpg
              I think they need to work more closely together to find solutions...

sigpic

Comment

Nice one Nola!
                I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Another nice one, Nolamom!!

Another interesting "confession" from Tumblr:

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ngtogether.jpg
                    OMG! That's awesome!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

http://24.media.tumblr.com/42d3d701e...lcjwo1_500.jpg
                    "Interesting," indeed. The wasting of Elizabeth Weir's character is definitely the greatest shame of the show! Curse you, TPTW!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ngtogether.jpg
                      I love it, it seem to fit well with what John must have wanted to do in that scene (I mean why else would he move behind her desk and stand so close to her?)

That confession goes well with what I saw many people say on the ‘This Mortal Coil” thread here on GW. There was many who said that they had felt that something had been missing in season 4 but it wasn’t until TMC that they realized that it was Elizabeth, even people who were not fans of her noticed it, sadly TPTB didn’t see it (or wanted to see it) or things could have been very different today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Don't make me have to come down there.
                        I find him to be deliberately antagonistic. Shall I put the kettle on and set up the spare bed?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I think we all have a fair amount of banes in our lives... but GW at least has a nifty little feature called IGNORE! It can be very useful. Mods will tell you to use it too.
                        As always, you are so wise As for that other thing (thank you, btw), it's easy to appear that way with a 12hr lag time. In a real life conversation, not so much

What? Wasted in s1? Did they not watch the show? If they're going with two seasons of wastefulness, then surely it has to be s2 & s3? She had more airtime in s3 (I can't recall the figures, so she probably didn't, but it certainly appeared like they made a much bigger effort to include her than they did in s2). If any character has the right to say they were wasted in season 3, it would be either Teyla or Ronon. The others (John included) were merely suffering at the expense of the increasing focus on McKay.

I think the motto for s3 (and for the remainder of the show) was something along the lines of....

Spoiler:

bend.jpg

McKay: It's okay, you can look up now. I promise I won't bend over again
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          ...She had more airtime in s3 (I can't recall the figures, so she probably didn't, but it certainly appeared like they made a much bigger effort to include her than they did in s2).
                          Allow me to show those figures:

season 1 -> 172m10s
                          season 2 -> 132m10s
                          season 3 -> 175m04s

season 4 -> 25m23s
                          season 5 -> 3m08s

For full numbers, I gladly upload the files again.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            I find him to be deliberately antagonistic. Shall I put the kettle on and set up the spare bed?
                            I forgot what we were talking about. *iz distracted*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours until The Game post-a-thon!

Comment

I love it!!! You are awesome, Nolamom!!!!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                And it wasn’t just something non-human but also something that came from the shows “bad guys” (wraith and replicators) which could have been used to create some moments when maybe they feel a bit unsure of themselves or having them feel doubt about themselves and/or how other might perceive them, it’s hard to explain but I do feel that they could have used it better.
                                Exactly!

I think deep down everyone noticed Elizabeth’s absence, they might not have realise it at first, but everyone, in a way or another noticed that something was different in Atlantis, in the show. There were no Sparks, there was no “light” in the show anymore. It was really a pity because the writers were not able to understand that.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X