Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I think we'll accept that! Welcome to the thread! Do you ship Sparky as well, or just popping in for a visit?
    Just visiting. But I don't mind the Sparky ship I'm a Carson lover & a Rodney fan & I like to ship them lol.
    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i'm gimili. "he was twitching because he's got MY AXE embedded in his nervous system!"
      I love that line! It's so funny. I love it when Gimli and Legolas keep score. Especially in the battle of Minas Tirith, when he says to Legolas "That still only counts as ONE!"
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
        Hello Sparky's! (sry I don't know what your called as a group) lol
        We're happy to have you drop in to visit. Everyone who is Sparky friendly is welcome.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And FH:
          Spoiler:
          Kate's alive.
          Bribery... I likes it! - she says in true Gollum-style.

Though take it from me, doing Gollum's voice really kills your vocal cords. Doing Stitch (from Leelo & Stitch obviously) sounds better and hurts less.

And oh... you totally had me at this line -> Nothing broken, no horrendous bleeding.
          I can so see her say that with straight face.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I didn't really see him as not liking a woman in charge exactly, it seemed more like he just didn't like civilians or people he perceived as 'weak' ("that's what your sidearm's for" to Ford seemed pretty apt to me). To him, Weir was a naive hippie who had no relevant experience in either managing groups of that size, or missions of a dangerous nature. The Athosians seemed to offer little in the way of means to contact home, given that they looked like they were living in what would be our BC time period. But appearances were deceiving on both counts.
          Or that.

It's possible TS/TE might have played out a bit differently with Sumner there.....
          Damn it, I can't green you for that. This is totally

Sparkies would be the correct term indeed.

I'm a Carson lover & a Rodney fan & I like to ship them lol.
          Like your nickname and signature aren't giving it away already.

And more as I discover my title is Gandalf... I'm the white or grey depending where in the timeline we are, wizard.
          And I'm cleaning out the Nazgul stables - pretty dangerous job but ubercool!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            I love that line! It's so funny. I love it when Gimli and Legolas keep score. Especially in the battle of Minas Tirith, when he says to Legolas "That still only counts as ONE!"
            i remember that scene, it's when he takes down the elephant. i always liked in the two towers where legolas uses a shield to slide down the stars.

Comment

It's hard to say for sure. In a practical sense, it would be hard to accommodate having the lead essentially be a secondary character. I imagine at times he would seem like he was just conveniently 'hanging around' as scenes would have to be with Weir and Sumner - if you recall when they were looking at the list of gate addresses, they pick out a planet whilst Shep is just standing there, and Weir adds "Major, I'd like you to go along too". You would also get scenes like in Reunion, where Carter is running the mission, but as soon as Shep shows up everything is directed towards him (there's also a similar scene in SG-1 with O'Neill and Hammond). So from that point of view, I don't think it could have lasted very long.
              Why would he have to be a secondary character?

But before that, it is actually Shep who suggest them that maybe they could try and gate somewhere right there in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              However, keeping Sumner as military head, if he operated similar to a Hammond capacity, and with deference to Elizabeth as diplomatic head, might have been interesting. John could have played an O'Neill type role (sometimes rogue military guy) so all the standalones would have stayed as were. But in that sense, Elizabeth might have gone off-world more, because I see more room with co-heads to have her truly be more of a diplomat ambassador than the only one to sit around in Atlantis doing paperwork.
              I would have liked to have seen this.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              If Sumner had stayed, Joe would not have been the lead because Robert Patrick is a big name, so Sheppard would always have been second. However, I think most of the viewers would have connected with him more, and he would have been considered the "star" by most of us. The dynamics would have been totally different among all the characters. But just for our purposes, let's look at John and Elizabeth. On the one hand, there would have been less Sparky because a lot of their interactions were the two of them planning their strategy, talking about events and mulling over what to do. I'm afraid that would have led to fewer balcony scenes and probably no desk sitting. There would have been a Weir/Sumner shipper group, and it would have made sense. There would even have been a Sumner/Sheppard shipper group that would have given McShep a run for its money. Elizabeth would still be his boss, and even further up the ladder, which would have put her seriously out of reach for a relationship. Feel free to argue this point.

On the other hand, Sumner's hostility toward her, assuming it was to continue, might have brought John and Elizabeth closer. This is a sensitive point because there would have been danger of John becoming her little tattletale/teacher's pet, which would have caused a world of trouble.
              But if Elizabeth would have had the chance to act more as a diplomat ambassador, maybe she could have been added to Sheppard’s team.

Definitely!

it's hard to say really. Had Sumner survived, he wouldn't have lasted long, maybe the first season will him getting whacked killed off at the end of the first or in the siege part 3. if he was there in episodes like The Storm/The Eye, The Real World, First Strike, Adrift, Lifeline they would've played differently. even the pilot wouldn't have had that nice balcony scene at the end.
              So like SR said, it is better not to mess with the timeline.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I think John would have been playing second fiddle, and there wouldn't have been a Lorne character. Sumner was distrustful of the Athosians cause he didn't consider them technologically advanced enough to really care about them (I think). His motto was more along the lines of our people first, the rest we don't care about. And a woman in charge - twice, first Weir, then Teyla - also didn't sit well with him it seemed.

Though I must say that the thought is rather fascinating and I think it would make for a brilliant AU episode or fanfiction.
              Agree! So any volunteers to write it?

Sumner had a stick up his butt from day 1. and regarding the AU i wouldn't be surprised if he isn't commander in that AR we saw sheppard piloting the f-302 in the Daedalus Variations.
              Interesting!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Oooh, that is a fascinating question! I think gateraid, Eri and SR have covered pretty much everything. In particular, I have to agree with SR that we probably would've lost a lot of the Sparky moments that ostensibly came out of "professional leader-to-leader" moments. But the idea of them bonding over both being on the outs with Sumner is a distinct possibility. And come to think of it, we may also have seen more instances of Elizabeth and John working on Ancient language/technology issues with McKay... Three Musketeers of Atlantis FTW!
              Oh my gosh, I would have loved to have seen it!!!!

Now that would've been awesome to see! I have to wonder if, under those circumstances, Sheppard might have gone off-world more often with Elizabeth than with the main "team" with Sumner.
              Yes, I believe we would probably have seen them working together off world more often, definitely!!!! I am beginning to think that messing with the timeline might in fact not be such a bad idea after all!!!

Getting to see two teams switching off on missions instead of just one as on SG-1 would certainly have given SGA an even more unique ensemble dynamic.
              Couldn’t agree more!!!
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I agree with the ideas. I don't think Sumner would've lasted long. Too many people would be cheering for him to get killed off. I'd hope that if he did survive, Sumner might soften a little over time, perhaps due to a near death experience in that he escaped the Wraith and John was the one to bring him back. He might have appreciated the gesture, especially considering what a grinch he was being to John earlier. Their relationship might have been more friendly.
                Similar to what happened with Colonel Everett.

Here's the fic I was referring to:

"On The Other Side"

And FH:
                Spoiler:
                Kate's alive.

Takes place in S5 after GitM.
                I have red that fic a few days ago. And am now reading "Atlantis Orientation”.

found this and it has some shippy undertones. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4Ed...62CF1&index=10
                Oh I love that part “his wife stuck on a plane”, the scene that goes with that part, it is definitely shippy!!!

It's possible TS/TE might have played out a bit differently with Sumner there.....

Spoiler:

Kolya: Major Sheppard! Restore the grounding station or I shoot Dr Weir and Colonel Sumner

Sumner: Go right ahead....if you're man enough

Kolya: I'm man enough! I shot those two guards, didn't I?

Sumner: Puhleease. If you hadn't done it, I'd have shot them myself for being incompetent

Kolya: Oh. Well, I'm the one with a gun now, and if you don't give me the city, I'll shoot Dr Weir

Sumner: Go right ahead, you'd be making my life a lot easier

Sheppard: Sumner! Summmmmnnnnneeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kolya: This isn't going how I'd planned

Sumner: God damned amateur. I'm gonna do you a favour and count to ten. By the time I hit ten, I expect you and your.....friends to have gated back to the Genii homeworld. If you do, that'll be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you

Kolya: Holy ****, you're not kidding, are you? Everyone, let's go! NOW!

McKay: I can't believe I'm watching this
                Hilarious!!!! I really do want an AU fic with this timeline!!

Shameless fic rec.

"Bedtime Stories"

A/N: Can be standalone or considered a sequel to "Everybody's Fine". Takes place in a land far, far away, where John and Elizabeth are married with two kids ... It's still Fluffy Thursday in my mind.
                Red it and loved it!!!
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  Because in the realm of Stargate that's what happens when you're not a leading actor... it's the curse of the un-lead-ing. And when you're really unlucky you end up supporting the walls.

Comment

Yesterdays Sparky Advent from me

Spoiler:

For those of you that remember my little Nephew James (the one with Teh Hair when he was born)

Here he is again not quite 8 months old

(Teh hair is still there!)
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Just visiting. But I don't mind the Sparky ship I'm a Carson lover & a Rodney fan & I like to ship them lol.
                      I could tell. In any case, you're welcome anytime!

Though take it from me, doing Gollum's voice really kills your vocal cords. Doing Stitch (from Leelo & Stitch obviously) sounds better and hurts less.

And oh... you totally had me at this line -> Nothing broken, no horrendous bleeding.
                      I can so see her say that with straight face.
                      You're welcome. I tried writing Kate as canonly (I made it up ) as possible. If Heightmeyer's Lemming approves, I guess I did it right!

Because Sumner is the military commander, and if he stayed on, Robert Patrick would have undoubtedly received higher billing than Joe Flanigan, being a "bigger name" and all. IMO.

But before that, it is actually Shep who suggest them that maybe they could try and gate somewhere right there in the Pegasus Galaxy.
                      True dat. Our John does have some good ideas. Mr. Mensa. *ruffles * But I think the point was more along the lines of, anyone could have suggested that, not just John. But the writers had Sheppard do it, so ... yeah.

Agree! So any volunteers to write it?
                      If I didn't have a buttload of RL work plus keeping my fandom to-do list in order ... nah, I probably wouldn't volunteer anyways. I'd have a very hard time writing for someone like Sumner.

Yes, I believe we would probably have seen them working together off world more often, definitely!!!! I am beginning to think that messing with the timeline might in fact not be such a bad idea after all!!!
                      AU fics are so awesome. Infinite diversity in infinite combinations. Wrong universe, but you get my point.

Comment

MR, I love, love, love your avatar. ROFLMBO And I like the effects for your Sparky Advent picture!

Spoiler:
                        Wowza, the power of Teh Hair is still there! LOL

Similar to what happened with Colonel Everett.
                        I just didn't care for that man at all. Hate to admit it, but I was a little appeased when the Wraith got him.

I have red that fic a few days ago. And am now reading "Atlantis Orientation”.
                        Hee hee hee. That's a cracktasticly fun fic! I should update it, one of these days ...

Red it and loved it!!!
                        Thanks!

Because in the realm of Stargate that's what happens when you're not a leading actor... it's the curse of the un-lead-ing. And when you're really unlucky you end up supporting the walls.
                        I wouldn't mind seeing JoeF supporting the walls leaning:

*cackles*

Comment

You're welcome. I tried writing Kate as canonly (I made it up ) as possible. If Heightmeyer's Lemming approves, I guess I did it right!
                          I'm apparently considered to be somewhat of a Kate-wiz so if she was out of character I would have mentioned it, no worries. Trust me on this when I say I've read fics that made me go " Who's this woman and what did they do to my Kate?" ... well, obviously she's not my Kate but you know she is my favorite character so I notice when it's not all cannonically (I made it up too) correct. It's all fine and dandy to make up different background stories but we did see her enough I think to get a basic feel of who this character is...

...and I could go on and on about it but that would be OT for the topic... ...but there really isn't anyone else to talk about my Kate with so yeah...

I'll stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            And I'm back. The ceremony was fabulous, the Marine Band just a few feet away playing just for us. Priceless. And the food was awesome. Who knew Marines could cook like that?

Now we need a good Sparky discussion.
                            They're Marines! They can do anything!

Welcome, McBecklover! Always glad to see new faces who like to party with our Sparky!

As someone else who has tried to imitate both voices... THIS!

And more as I discover my title is Gandalf... I'm the white or grey depending where in the timeline we are, wizard.
                            And I'm cleaning out the Nazgul stables - pretty dangerous job but ubercool!
                            Oooh, I forgot to check my reputation ranking... I'm braiding Gimli's beard!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm apparently considered to be somewhat of a Kate-wiz so if she was out of character I would have mentioned it, no worries. Trust me on this when I say I've read fics that made me go " Who's this woman and what did they do to my Kate?" ... well, obviously she's not my Kate but you know she is my favorite character so I notice when it's not all cannonically (I made it up too) correct. It's all fine and dandy to make up different background stories but we did see her enough I think to get a basic feel of who this character is...

...and I could go on and on about it but that would be OT for the topic... ...but there really isn't anyone else to talk about my Kate with so yeah...

I'll stop now.

*sends more sugar to Teh Lemming*

As someone else who has tried to imitate both voices... THIS!

Oooh, I forgot to check my reputation ranking... I'm braiding Gimli's beard!
                              Someone who is fluent is LOTR explain this? Because that's mine too, and I have no idea what the frak it means.

Comment

Someone who is fluent is LOTR explain this? Because that's mine too, and I have no idea what the frak it means.
                                Allow me to demonstrate who Gimli is and why his beard is in need of braiding... Gimli's of the Dwarven people and he's got a lush bit of hairgrowth on his face. He's a good lad, once you get to know him.

Comment

Working...
                                X