X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    You're welcome again. *Gibbs slaps self for bad manners*

Lots of angst but I like it.
    I'm trying to manip it with GIMP, but it's not cooperating with me right now. Guess it's time to go make some icons or some Avengers stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Thanks! Sometimes it's easier than writing fics that are more onscreen canon because you feel like you have a little more freedom in regards to the situation. So they could do anything: be doctors, detectives, teachers ... the list is endless.

Well, there is an end. Personally, I can't see John being a ballerina.

And school is done for the day, so I'm treating myself to a Salted Caramel Mocha from SBux.
      Sounds like you needed it. Sometimes it is easier to write within canon, other times one has to scream at its limitations, especially when certain events happen in canon that we don't like!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Thanks again.

But the one I made for tomorrow might have some people at me.

I used PB and Pixlr.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...lconysig-1.jpg

*backs out slowly*
        *whimpers* So sad and so true.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

being as it's smutty tuesday and i had a crappy day (which was made crappier by the fact that yesterday was the complete antithesis of crappy)....

anyone wanna share some good, smutty fic recs? please?

(and thanks Brie...that sig is actually kinda old...GiMP is refusing to work on my laptop right now )
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks again.

But the one I made for tomorrow might have some people at me.

I used PB and Pixlr.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...lconysig-1.jpg

*backs out slowly*
            *throws self on floor, crying and beating hands and feet in a fit of angsty grief*

In other words, OMGSOSADBUTSOGOOD.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              *whimpers* So sad and so true.
              I know. *iz sad*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              *throws self on floor, crying and beating hands and feet in a fit of angsty grief*

In other words, OMGSOSADBUTSOGOOD.
              Umm... *hugs* because I don't know what to say. Except that was a very interesting mental picture.

Comment

Umm... *hugs* because I don't know what to say. Except that was a very interesting mental picture.
                Heehee.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                  gateraid, this was excellent!
                  It was....okay. I see errors in it, both in continuity and characterisation

Spoiler:
                  I've never thought much about how John asked Kate to meet with Teyla in "The Gift," but this was a very nice missing scene! I especially liked how John was kind of sly and wanted Kate to act as if she accidentally bumped into Teyla and how Kate insisted it was only appropriate if they scheduled a proper meeting. Great contrast in terms of characterizations here! You really should write more often!
                  Spoiler:

Its meant to be set before Kate bumps into Teyla in the mess hall, but after John notices she's a bit antsy. It's been a while since I've seen any s1 eps so I've probably mucked up the continuity. I did want to add some stuff about John/Liz (to extend the theme of an 'almost' John Sheppard counselling session, but I wasn't confident about writing it).

Kate is always a pro. She's one of those characters that we've pretty much only seen in the professional capacity, and she's always been extremely competent. It really tickles me that her initial response in Echoes is to (dismiss is too strong a word) downplay everyone's visions as subconscious suggestion. And again in Michael, whilst she doesn't agree entirely with what they're doing, she's offering good advice.

Let's be honest, Kate's character is one of those that they could quite easily have written in the other direction - one to be easily dismissed as irrelevant and behind the eight ball. As much as I disagree with some of the things TPTW did, in terms of this character, you can't fault them.

*cough* until the final few minutes * cough*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I would have thought they'd include more disagreements with Carter. *shrug* Would have made it more realistic.
                  I think....it was a misstep here. As much as they didn't realise that only a few 'tweaks' to Kellers introduction would have made a world of difference, they made the same mistake to Carter here. They didn't have to make her dial-a-*****, all they needed was one or two scenes

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Yes to both of these. Would've added so much more in the way of conflict and emotional moments for all the characters. Instead, we got lumpy porridge.
                  ^ true, dat

RL rant:

Spoiler:
                  So the last class of the day has a sub. *headdesk* And I told her that telling me ahead of time all the things that the class is doing today is redundant as I will be interpreting the instructions when she actually tells the class. And yet she tells me anyway. *eyeroll*

The teacher assigned two good students to hand out the worksheet and workbooks. The sub tells one of them to do the attendance. *headwall* Pretty sure students aren't supposed to do that, but I digress. At least the one student gave the list to me to double check.

The other student is calling out assigned numbers for workbooks, and as no one is listening he asks me to use my authoritative voice to tell kids to get their books. So I do. Then the sub jumps in and starts shouting out numbers too, but refuses to let me remind the kids about their numbers (and it's understandable that they wouldn't remember - the class numbers have changed and they only use them, maybe, once a week). Then she gets all frustrated because no one's getting their books, and she gives up.

So I got out my iPad to spite her. Hasn't said anything yet.

*runs into a wall repeatedly* So getting Starbucks when today is over.
                  Gotta be frank, I don't get that in terms of context. But I hope you're feeling better now

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Well, call me crazy, but I can...

Spoiler:
                  there was a lot of detail in that photo. The veg was in the right place, but what was the deal with the meat?

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_311_1650.jpg
                  Sheppard: Not now Elizabeth, we have company

Weir: Do you mean Ronon? He can be discreet.
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fun%20gifs/Christmas%20Gifs/Merry_Sparky_Christmas.gif
                      Hey! To you too

And now, I think I've found a missing scene from one of SR's fics. No added dialogue required

Spoiler:

Ignoring her questions, John turned her a bit to the left. “Okay, Elizabeth, open your eyes and prepare to be amazed.”

Slowly, Elizabeth opened both eyes and breathed deeply in surprise.

Spoiler:

I think I may have just ruined christmas
                      sigpic

Comment

gateraid, that pic was priceless! Great context! Had to keep the laughter down to prevent waking up my mom.

And I'll explain my context later about my rant. What exactly did you not understand?

Comment

All dressed up with parties to attend. Awwww.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Hey! To you too

And now, I think I've found a missing scene from one of SR's fics. No added dialogue required

Spoiler:

Ignoring her questions, John turned her a bit to the left. “Okay, Elizabeth, open your eyes and prepare to be amazed.”

You are a naughty boy, oh yes you are. But I doubt she would have been surprised.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

gateraid--

Spoiler:
                            I work at a high school here in Florida as a sign language interpreter. The substitute teacher was, to quote SR, being a ditz. She just pissed me off. She did a lot of things that, IMO, she shouldn't have done. And subs usually think I'm a student because I'm younger in comparison to them, so I got out my iPad to see if she'd throw a fit. And I'm staff, whereas they're a substitute, so I am more hands on in the class than they would care for.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Let's be honest, Kate's character is one of those that they could quite easily have written in the other direction - one to be easily dismissed as irrelevant and behind the eight ball. As much as I disagree with some of the things TPTW did, in terms of this character, you can't fault them.

*cough* until the final few minutes * cough*
                              Very true. They did a great job with keeping Kate competent but also very human.

Those last few minutes though... damn TPTW.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fun%20gifs/Christmas%20Gifs/Merry_Sparky_Christmas.gif
                              Squee! So cute!

Spoiler:

OMG. LOL! Wicked man!

Comment

*crawls into thread*

Health class is usually spent doing book work. Today they started watching a movie about nutrition, and the only subtitles were in Spanish. So I just got done interpreting 35 minutes of "Supersize Me". Don't think I can feel my hand anymore. *shakes arm* Nope.

Got back from lunch late. Had a milkshake that is not sitting well with me. Grr. I can tell it's gonna be one of those days...

Comment

Working...
                                X