No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Might even get more people to vote.
    That would be the hope.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gotta go to Brussels tomorrow... today was chaos on the tracks there. They better behave tomorrow.
      It's friday and I want to be home at a reasonable hour -- also in Brussels at a reasonable hour (around 9-ish).

Maybe I can do some writing tomorrow... I had started on the "Katie talks to her plants" chapter but haven't gotten very far. Been too busy.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Gotta go to Brussels tomorrow... today was chaos on the tracks there. They better behave tomorrow.
        It's friday and I want to be home at a reasonable hour -- also in Brussels at a reasonable hour (around 9-ish).

Maybe I can do some writing tomorrow... I had started on the "Katie talks to her plants" chapter but haven't gotten very far. Been too busy.
        Best of luck with the trains, and hopefully you can get some writing done too!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Best of luck with the trains, and hopefully you can get some writing done too!
          Literally no luck on either.

Let's start with the trains...

Note:
          IC = InterCity -- it doesn't stop in every ******* farmer's hole (loosely translated from the Dutch word boerengat which is the designation of small village in our dialect)
          S-Train --> stops in every ******* farmer's hole

When the automatic recording announced that the "8:14 IC Train to Leuven" was arriving on platform 1, it was actually 8:20 so 6 minutes late which meant I was going to have to be really lucky to catch my connecting train. (read = I had 2 minutes to spare and had to make a run for it)

I usually take the 17:22 IC Train to Genk which means I have a window of about 15 minutes to catch my connection in Leuven.
          Today, however, I arrive at Station Brussels-North at 17:08 and find that my usual 17:22 train has already racked up a delay of 20 minutes. The 17:06 S-train, delayed by 5 minutes has yet to arrive so I make the decision to catch that one instead which means I can make my connection.

By the time I arrive on platform 5, the delay has gone up to 30 minutes for my usual one and 9 minutes for the one I'm going to take. It will ultimately end on 13 minutes (no idea on the other one). It arrived in Leuven with 6 minutes to spare to catch my connection back home.

Good thing then that I had a hilariously good day at the new office building in Brussels. Shenanigans happened when my colleague and I locked ourselves out of the building when the door closed behind us in the bicycle parking. We had to leave the building, ended up around the block and thus had to walk back around to find ourselves back at the entrance.

Yes, the lady at the frontdesk looked funny when we passed by a second time but not from the direction she had seen us disappear in. We may have gotten lost taking one too many turns at one point but other than having to walk around the block to get back in, we were doing quite well.

Inspiration aplenty for Office Saga fun.

Also, I've never been in a building that has 29 floors so when I took the elevator to the 25th floor and my ears popped when the elevator stopped, that was the weirdest thing ever. Like I was in an airplane.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Literally no luck on either.

Let's start with the trains...

Note:
            IC = InterCity -- it doesn't stop in every ******* farmer's hole (loosely translated from the Dutch word boerengat which is the designation of small village in our dialect)
            S-Train --> stops in every ******* farmer's hole

When the automatic recording announced that the "8:14 IC Train to Leuven" was arriving on platform 1, it was actually 8:20 so 6 minutes late which meant I was going to have to be really lucky to catch my connecting train. (read = I had 2 minutes to spare and had to make a run for it)

I usually take the 17:22 IC Train to Genk which means I have a window of about 15 minutes to catch my connection in Leuven.
            Today, however, I arrive at Station Brussels-North at 17:08 and find that my usual 17:22 train has already racked up a delay of 20 minutes. The 17:06 S-train, delayed by 5 minutes has yet to arrive so I make the decision to catch that one instead which means I can make my connection.

By the time I arrive on platform 5, the delay has gone up to 30 minutes for my usual one and 9 minutes for the one I'm going to take. It will ultimately end on 13 minutes (no idea on the other one). It arrived in Leuven with 6 minutes to spare to catch my connection back home.
            Well, at least you did make your connection, even if it was totally nerve-wracking.

Good thing then that I had a hilariously good day at the new office building in Brussels. Shenanigans happened when my colleague and I locked ourselves out of the building when the door closed behind us in the bicycle parking. We had to leave the building, ended up around the block and thus had to walk back around to find ourselves back at the entrance.

Yes, the lady at the frontdesk looked funny when we passed by a second time but not from the direction she had seen us disappear in. We may have gotten lost taking one too many turns at one point but other than having to walk around the block to get back in, we were doing quite well.

Inspiration aplenty for Office Saga fun.

Also, I've never been in a building that has 29 floors so when I took the elevator to the 25th floor and my ears popped when the elevator stopped, that was the weirdest thing ever. Like I was in an airplane.
            LMAO! That does sound like plenty of inspiration! All those tall buildings in Atlantis must have seemed like a maze for the characters, even with the convenient maps in the city computers.

Comment

The building in Brussels is actually one of the 2 World Trade buildings re-fitted. They tore some it down and recycled the materials but kept the lift shafts and build the new building around it. There are also flats in the same building and a hotel.

The 29th floor, I haven't seen because my colleague forgot to take me there on our tour, but that floor is basically the roof which has an open area with a cocktailbar. The guests from the hotel and the flat owners can also access that part.

There's a greenhouse on the groundfloor and a "forest" on the 17th floor which is basically a quiet area to work in, with a lot of greens on the side.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

The building in Brussels is actually one of the 2 World Trade buildings re-fitted. They tore some it down and recycled the materials but kept the lift shafts and build the new building around it. There are also flats in the same building and a hotel.

The 29th floor, I haven't seen because my colleague forgot to take me there on our tour, but that floor is basically the roof which has an open area with a cocktailbar. The guests from the hotel and the flat owners can also access that part.

There's a greenhouse on the groundfloor and a "forest" on the 17th floor which is basically a quiet area to work in, with a lot of greens on the side.
                Ooooh, definitely inspirational for Atlantis! Well, maybe the Ancients wouldn't have had a rooftop bar, but the expedition certainly would've put one in!

Comment

How else are they going to distribute Zelenka's moonshine... I mean, they had to have a -- illegal or otherwise -- alcohol brewery stashed in one of the labs.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

How else are they going to distribute Zelenka's moonshine... I mean, they had to have a -- illegal or otherwise -- alcohol brewery stashed in one of the labs.
                    At least one of the labs... plenty of room for a backup still... or three...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      At least one of the labs... plenty of room for a backup still... or three...
                      I also assume Cadman knows where they are.

Comment

The Celtics won the NBA Championship last night!! It was awesome that they were able to win it in Boston, so much so that I wonder if they tanked game 4 in Dallas just so that they could win in Boston instead, because except for game 4 in Dallas, they were so dominant it was ridiculous.

Oh, and Bridgerton has completely rotted my brain and I've been on a total spiral. All in all, I was a little disappointed with the second half of season 3 but it was still great! I had problems with the pacing on the back half of the season. But then again, I had issues with the pacing in the back half of seasons 1 and 2 as well.

The idea of mandatory voting is so strange to me, but it does sound like a good idea. It would be a good to force more young people to vote. They are so apathetic here.

Comment

Working...
                        X