Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    La, I learned that there's a date.

FP, I think the episode you're thinking of is The Gift. That was the one where she figured out that the Wraith language is a derivative of Ancient – real linguistic work. She'll get to flex her linguistic muscles again in the back half of this season, but it would be nice to occasionally have her speak in some foreign language to someone else. And I love La's suggestion of John understanding what she's saying. I figure he's picked up the profanity of half a dozen languages by now.
    Oh, yeah, forgot about "The Gift."

It would be fun to have John understand, but not say anything to her right away and confront her about it later (perhaps on their balcony ). But I'd like to see Elizabeth just up and start chatting with Zelenka in Czech, in front of a very annoyed Rodney, or something.

Ack, must quit reading here! I'm supposed to be heading out to tutor! *resolves to turn computer off after this message*
    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

WHAT??? theres a date???? pls do tell....
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
        Japanese is great, too.
        Can teach you one word: "kazaan" means mother. Just don't know how to write that in Japanese.
        Can tell you, French is hard to learn. Well, it was for me. So many verb forms... But it sounds great!
        I'm back at uni now and started a French language course three weeks ago. I can just about introduce myself after 3 lessons. Oh, and I know the numbers from 1 to 10!
        It's the most difficult language in the world, I swear! Although my teacher said Finnish is.
        When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
        My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
          WHAT??? theres a date???? pls do tell....
          Dito! Wanna know too!
          That's mean, you know? Just descided to go to bed so that I don't fall asleep during lecture and now you come up with such a sentence!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust
            I'm back at uni now and started a French language course three weeks ago. I can just about introduce myself after 3 lessons. Oh, and I know the numbers from 1 to 10!
            It's the most difficult language in the world, I swear! Although my teacher said Finnish is.
            wheni was nin Finland... and i heard people talking, there was no way in hell i think that i could learnt it... it sounds really hard....

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              FP, I think the episode you're thinking of is The Gift. That was the one where she figured out that the Wraith language is a derivative of Ancient – real linguistic work. She'll get to flex her linguistic muscles again in the back half of this season, but it would be nice to occasionally have her speak in some foreign language to someone else.
              Ahh, you always come to the rescue. *LOL*

I'm with Lurker - I want to see Liz speaking Czech with Zelenka, in front of Rodney.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

wheni was nin Finland... and i heard people talking, there was no way in hell i think that i could learnt it... it sounds really hard....
                It is very complicated, yes. We have a weird sentence structure not to mention extra letters in the alphabet..

My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Great. I know the numbers up to 20! AND I can say where I come from! Jealous?
                  You say Finnish is difficult... ever tried to learn German? Sometimes hard for me aswell.
                  sigpic

Comment

It is very complicated, yes. We have a weird sentence structure not to mention extra letters in the alphabet..
                    i thought it was something like that....

what going on with that whole date thing - melyanna...

Comment

what going on with that whole date thing - melyanna...
                      I think she was talking about The West Wing

Comment

Oy!! French might seem difficult to you because your mother tongue has saxon roots... mine is Spanish so I found French rather easy - not that I speak it fluently at all - j'ai presque tout oublié!!
                        Wish I could learn German but bad bad hubby doesn't want to teach me

Back on topic... I would LOVE what Lurker said ... almost can picture Rodney's face listening to Liz and Radek chitchatting

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                          I think she was talking about The West Wing
                          dudes... dont scare us like that... pls use OT for the west wing... i dont like heart attacks :

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Great. I know the numbers up to 20! AND I can say where I come from! Jealous?
                            You say Finnish is difficult... ever tried to learn German? Sometimes hard for me aswell.
                            I'm catching up with you - numbers from 10 to 20 were homework for today! I studied German in high school and have blissfully forgotten everything!

My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                              Oy!! French might seem difficult to you because your mother tongue has saxon roots... mine is Spanish so I found French rather easy - not that I speak it fluently at all - j'ai presque tout oublié!!
                              Wish I could learn German but bad bad hubby doesn't want to teach me
                              Could teach you one word or two if you wanted. Wäre kein Problem. (=wouldn't be a problem)
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm catching up with you - numbers from 10 to 20 were homework for today! I studied German in high school and have blissfully forgotten everything!
                                i can couynt to twenty in german and intro myself and my age, but that is about it.... same thing in japanese....
                                back to Shep/Weir... go the idea of Liz and Zalenka chatting......

Comment

Working...
                                X