Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, eh?
    I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sorry I missed it, guys. Mom doesn't grasp the concept of being busy.

Loved the comments! The courting sweater and pimp coat ones especially.

Comment

Totally. FAIL, TPTW, FAIL!
      I think I need to start a list of all the ficlet plot bunnies running around my head right now. Back to Olympics and the one I already have started. See you all later.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sorry I missed it, guys. Mom doesn't grasp the concept of being busy.

Loved the comments! The courting sweater and pimp coat ones especially.
        It's always about the courting sweater and the pimp coat. Costuming FTW!

Hope you can make it for next week's thon!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        I think I need to start a list of all the ficlet plot bunnies running around my head right now. Back to Olympics and the one I already have started. See you all later.
        That seriously should be a new Olympic sport.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Running of the plot bunnies XD
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            More terrifying than the Running of the Bulls, that's for sure!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

More terrifying than the Running of the Bulls, that's for sure!
              Especially since they like to hide in your desks and balconies.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

That seriously should be a new Olympic sport.
                You can always start the petition.

And now for my latest attempt at Sparky:

Spoiler:
                Guns ‘N Sparks

“What did you want to see me about, John,” asked Dr. Elizabeth Weir as she walked into the gun range, the one place in Atlantis she always tried to avoid. She had started her career hoping to end the need for militaries and weapons. She tried to avoid both whenever she could.

“Good, you got my message,” said Major John Sheppard as he continued to reassemble the 9mm Beretta he had placed on the shooting bench. “Since Koyla led that Genii raid on Atlantis last week, I’ve been kicking around the idea of making qualification on the Beretta mandatory for all members of the expedition.”

“I don’t see a problem with that,” said Elizabeth. She already had a sinking feeling as to why John wanted her to meet him at the gun range.

“By all members of the expedition, I mean you too, Elizabeth,” explained John. He already knew this was going to be a tough sell but he had absolutely no intention of backing down. “If the Genii can penetrate our defenses, the Wraith will have no trouble doing the same thing as soon as the figure out where we are.”

“We don’t know if that will ever happen,” defended Elizabeth.

“Elizabeth,” began John as diplomatically as he could. “I know you don’t like guns but could you please humor me on this. It’s not like I’m asking you to carry a pistol with you all the time. I just want you to feel comfortable enough to use one if the worse case scenario happens. Think of it as just another manifestation of my protective nature.”

While considering John’s words, Elizabeth couldn’t help but wonder what Simon would have done in the same situation. She was still faithful to Simon but part of Elizabeth was giddy that someone was that protective of her.

“Since you put it that way,” began Elizabeth reluctantly. “I’ll humor you.”

“Thank you,” grinned John as he held up the pistol to show it was empty. “Now, I’m going to close the action and put this pistol on the table. Then I want you to pick it up when you are ready so we can work on your stance.”

Elizabeth reluctantly picked up the pistol and adopted the stance she had seen the military personnel use at the SGC and Atlantis..

“Not bad, not bad at all,” said John as he moved closer to adjust her stance. “Just move your feet a little further apart and lower your left thumb so the slide doesn’t bite into it.”

“Like this,” asked Elizabeth. Part of her was having a terrible time concentrating with John’s breath tickling the back of her neck as he talked. The more rational part of her was scolding herself for reading too much into this. He was probable just trying to repay her for the trust she placed in him.

“Perfect,” answered John. He was very aware of how close he was to Elizabeth, John had to force himself to concentrate on the task at hand. Besides, Elizabeth was so far out of his league she was playing a different sport, he scolded himself. “Now I’m going to take the pistol from you and put three rounds in the magazine.”

After doing so, John put the pistol back on the table with the safety on.

“Now, I want you to pick it up again,” began John in what he hope was a calm and comforting voice. “When I’m ready for you to fire, I’ll take the safety off.”

Elizabeth nodded her understanding as she picked up the weapon again and got into the same stance John had shown her.

“Whenever you are ready,” said John after he leaned in to put the pistol on fire.

Elizabeth surprised herself with how little she flinched after she fired each round. Could she really trust John that much already that she could do something she hated this much so easily?

“Not bad for a first time,” said John after pushing the button to pull the paper target back to them. All three rounds were in a fairly tight grouping on the right side of the eight ring.

“It must be the teacher,” joked Elizabeth.

“Does that mean I can count on you showing up for the class,” asked John hopefully.

“Only if you’ll continue to teach me.”

“Deal,” grinned John as he took the pistol and started to clean it. “See you then.”

Comment

Sounds like you folks had fun tonight... I can only add that A Very Long Engagement brought me into the mood of things to visit Ypres and the surroundings as of tomorrow until wednesday. I might drop in by ways of my cellphone but they will be far and in between.

Also it doesn't hurt that I'm currently once more head over heels with Audrey Tautou... The Da Vinci Code last night, Engagement today (with an added bonus of Jodie Foster)... I'm a happy fangirl.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Guns ‘N Sparks

“What did you want to see me about, John,” asked Dr. Elizabeth Weir as she walked into the gun range, the one place in Atlantis she always tried to avoid. She had started her career hoping to end the need for militaries and weapons. She tried to avoid both whenever she could.

“Good, you got my message,” said Major John Sheppard as he continued to reassemble the 9mm Beretta he had placed on the shooting bench. “Since Koyla led that Genii raid on Atlantis last week, I’ve been kicking around the idea of making qualification on the Beretta mandatory for all members of the expedition.”

“I don’t see a problem with that,” said Elizabeth. She already had a sinking feeling as to why John wanted her to meet him at the gun range.

“By all members of the expedition, I mean you too, Elizabeth,” explained John. He already knew this was going to be a tough sell but he had absolutely no intention of backing down. “If the Genii can penetrate our defenses, the Wraith will have no trouble doing the same thing as soon as the figure out where we are.”

“Elizabeth,” began John as diplomatically as he could. “I know you don’t like guns but could you please humor me on this. It’s not like I’m asking you to carry a pistol with you all the time. I just want you to feel comfortable enough to use one if the worse case scenario happens. Think of it as just another manifestation of my protective nature.”

While considering John’s words, Elizabeth couldn’t help but wonder what Simon would have done in the same situation. She was still faithful to Simon but part of Elizabeth was giddy that someone was that protective of her.

“Thank you,” grinned John as he held up the pistol to show it was empty. “Now, I’m going to close the action and put this pistol on the table. Then I want you to pick it up when you are ready so we can work on your stance.”

Elizabeth reluctantly picked up the pistol and adopted the stance she had seen the military personnel use at the SGC and Atlantis..

“Not bad, not bad at all,” said John as he moved closer to adjust her stance. “Just move your feet a little further apart and lower your left thumb so the slide doesn’t bite into it.”

“Like this,” asked Elizabeth. Part of her was having a terrible time concentrating with John’s breath tickling the back of her neck as he talked. The more rational part of her was scolding herself for reading too much into this. He was probable just trying to repay her for the trust she placed in him.

“Perfect,” answered John. He was very aware of how close he was to Elizabeth, John had to force himself to concentrate on the task at hand. Besides, Elizabeth was so far out of his league she was playing a different sport, he scolded himself. “Now I’m going to take the pistol from you and put three rounds in the magazine.”

“Now, I want you to pick it up again,” began John in what he hope was a calm and comforting voice. “When I’m ready for you to fire, I’ll take the safety off.”

Elizabeth nodded her understanding as she picked up the weapon again and got into the same stance John had shown her.

“Whenever you are ready,” said John after he leaned in to put the pistol on fire.

Elizabeth surprised herself with how little she flinched after she fired each round. Could she really trust John that much already that she could do something she hated this much so easily?

“Not bad for a first time,” said John after pushing the button to pull the paper target back to them. All three rounds were in a fairly tight grouping on the right side of the eight ring.

“Does that mean I can count on you showing up for the class,” asked John hopefully.

“Deal,” grinned John as he took the pistol and started to clean it. “See you then.”
                    Aww cute story good job.
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Aww cute story good job.
                      Thanks, TLM!!! You reminding ShWeir and I to stay on topic yesterday is what gave me the idea for this one. Just thought you should know.

Comment

Thanks, TLM!!! You reminding ShWeir and I to stay on topic yesterday is what gave me the idea for this one. Just thought you should know.
                        YES!!! I am Ze Kolya of this thread I spawn Sparky bunnies for everyone -fist pump-
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Guns ‘N Sparks

I would have paid to see that on the show. Very good.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Guns ‘N Sparks

That was great!! Can't green you right now, so here's some virtual green.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Guns ‘N Sparks

Oh my, that was awesome! And rather hot, with John standing oh so close to her. *fans self* That would've been a great scene to see on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X