Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You're not the only one who thought it was OOC for them to just forget her. JF said he actually went to TPTB and said just that. They said something like "oh yeah, I guess we could add some emotion." or something stupid like that, so they put in a few bits about her to make him shut up. The more I learn about their thinking processes or lack thereof, the more unbelievable it all becomes.
    JF is so awesome, I love the way that he obviously cared about everyone around him, unlike many of TPTB. It was a bit the same way when it came to Carson, it was really off that the two characters that if I say so myself that everyone on Atlantis came in contact with (not saying that everyone weren’t close but it’s just as team leader and team head doctor the two of them obviously got to know everyone on a different level) and then just having them fall of the radar was really sad, and now I know that it was TPTB’s decision even if it was a sucky one but had it been handled better than maybe people would have been at least a bit more understanding about it and maybe not as many would have been so angry about it. Heck I even read on that ‘Lifeline’ forum here that people who weren’t even fans of Elizabeth the character really felt her absence and what it did to the show and that it felt as if something important was missing and that the chemistry wasn’t the same.
    sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes to Condemned!

And it's the Sparkies who keep me here after all this time.
      You and me both! *high-five*

You're not the only one who thought it was OOC for them to just forget her. JF said he actually went to TPTB and said just that. They said something like "oh yeah, I guess we could add some emotion." or something stupid like that, so they put in a few bits about her to make him shut up. The more I learn about their thinking processes or lack thereof, the more unbelievable it all becomes.
      And the more I want to HULK SMASH something.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      A snark-tastic rewatching of 5 seasons of Atlantis through the eyes of the Sparkies, with a few extra people mixed in for good fun and occasionally a Lemming to spice up the conversation. Hilarious comments, squees, thunking and thudding are not uncommon during these times. Virtual shouting and head!desking/face!palming are also not entirely out of the question.

Basically, a bunch of good friends rewatching the episodes in order and commenting while watching.
      Couldn't have said that better myself!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Make that three!

A snark-tastic rewatching of 5 seasons of Atlantis through the eyes of the Sparkies, with a few extra people mixed in for good fun and occasionally a Lemming to spice up the conversation. Hilarious comments, squees, thunking and thudding are not uncommon during these times. Virtual shouting and head!desking/face!palming are also not entirely out of the question.

Basically, a bunch of good friends rewatching the episodes in order and commenting while watching.

I saw this episode just this week on the local Syfy channel. And this morning I caught a bit of Phantoms.
        That's the best summary of our postathons I've ever seen. We do all of that, sometimes all at once, 1 hour and 13 minutes from now.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        JF is so awesome, I love the way that he obviously cared about everyone around him, unlike many of TPTB. It was a bit the same way when it came to Carson, it was really off that the two characters that if I say so myself that everyone on Atlantis came in contact with (not saying that everyone weren’t close but it’s just as team leader and team head doctor the two of them obviously got to know everyone on a different level) and then just having them fall of the radar was really sad, and now I know that it was TPTB’s decision even if it was a sucky one but had it been handled better than maybe people would have been at least a bit more understanding about it and maybe not as many would have been so angry about it. Heck I even read on that ‘Lifeline’ forum here that people who weren’t even fans of Elizabeth the character really felt her absence and what it did to the show and that it felt as if something important was missing and that the chemistry wasn’t the same.
        That is indeed what was said. A number of people remarked also on how much it clearly affected John to lose her and agreed that his darker mood for the next 2 seasons was in part because of his grief for her.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
          Here it is
          Spoiler:

Not mine so I can't take credit but it is a great vid and a great song.

And do you mind if I ask what a post-a-thon is? (Newb question )
          Like Brie said that's what we're watchin' tonight. All you do is watch it, and post comments in here throughout the episode! If you don't have it on DVD then you can use this link; http://www.putlocker.com/file/5D4C68F4A7633692 Any questions just ask one of us in here.

Comment

Christ! 6 members and 48 guests!

Comment

Now up to 83 guests.

Starting to wonder if some of them are bots...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Some of them probably are but all of them, I doubt it.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Briefly went down to 59, now it's up to 89. So weird!

Comment

S-minus 45 minutes to Condemned!

Comment

Gee, I just took a peek in some of the other threads and NO ONE has got as many guests as we do right now. It seems even the bots have taste.

Comment

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to Condemned!

Comment

I know, right? Talk about epic comedy!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              S-minus 30 minutes to Condemned!
                              I'll be here, but we're getting ready to have a thunderstorm. So if I suddenly disappear, you'll know why.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'll try to join in but I'm still a probie so my posts take forever to appear. I posted over a page ago and it didn't appear until the thread was on a new page. So no-one saw it.
                                I'll lurk if that's ok though, I'll be interested to see how much sparkiness you guys can come up with, as, from what I can remember, they don't share any screen time. Though it does have some serious bad-a** Weir!
                                My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                                When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Working...
                                X