Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Hello and welcome. I'm glad you joined us and thanks for that terrific vid. I must say I've been following all the song lists today, and I don't think I've ever heard of any of them. Yes, I do only listen to country. Why do you ask? I will admit that I have added a ton of pop songs to my iTunes library just because they are Sparky, and almost everything on there reminds me of them in some way.

SW, that was a perfect choice of songs for your great Sparky vid also. We are having a sudden rash of productivity around here and I love it. Keep it up, everybody.
    *grins* That reminds me. I have another song that's going in the Sparky eye!sex video once I actually sit down to work on it some more. It'll make you swoon a little.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      *grins* That reminds me. I have another song that's going in the Sparky eye!sex video once I actually sit down to work on it some more. It'll make you swoon a little.
      Love the song but swoon? Not a chance. He's not my type. I have several of his songs on my iTunes though. This one is very Sparky.

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Love the song but swoon? Not a chance. He's not my type. I have several of his songs on my iTunes though. This one is very Sparky.

*flails* That is one of my favorite songs. Ever. And it's on the Sparky list too!

Well, some may swoon. At least, I will while I'm making the video.

Anyhow, getting late, and I need some sleep. See you all tomorrow! Planning on being here for the post-a-thon where Elizabeth pwns the sniveling leader. Love it!

Night!

Comment

Very nice explanation, gateraid! Ain't that the truth.

I have a Sparky Playlist on my iPod, but it's mostly Taylor Swift, so ...

And RL crap:
          Spoiler:
          our landlord wants to refinance the property, so today before we get a new dishwasher installed, he's having someone come in to take pictures. It's more of a hassle because my sister is currently occupying one corner of the living room with everything she owns (thank goodness most of it fits under her bed). We have some painting touch ups to do, which isn't too bad, but I've gotta do them. And now my sister is dealing with the repurcussions of buying a wedding dress that wasn't in her budget. So it's making her a little hysterical. Ai yi yi.
          Love your new sig and avatar, SW!!! Good to know there are other Star Wars junkies in our merry little band.

I like some of Taylor Swift's stuff to. I tend to not to watch her vidoes though. It freaks me out how much she looks like an old friend of mine.

Spoiler:
          Never did understand why some people go all crazy about their weddings. *scratches head*

Hopefully your sister will calm down soon. *Sends 12 pack and ear plugs*
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Well speaking of weddings what do you a sparky wedding would look like?

on the song front though i always michael buble's song "Lost" would make a good sparky song.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
              Thanks for the welcome.I am new here. Everyone has been very kind. I do make my own sparky vids and just finished one to The Fray song Look After You.

Spoiler:

I just have to share the love! ShipperWriter, I would love to see a sparky vid to safe and sound!

drewandian - Have you seen the sparky vid on youtube to the song Never Alone by Barlow Girl? It's one of my favs.
              Welcome aboard, CherryBlossom.

Love the song and vid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                Well speaking of weddings what do you a sparky wedding would look like?

on the song front though i always michael buble's song "Lost" would make a good sparky song.
                For a Sparky wedding I always saw three options.
                1.) A small Athosian ceremony in their village.
                2.) Something on one of the Atlantis piers either at sunset or sunrise.
                3.) Something in front of the gate again at sunset or sunrise.

Comment

Welcome to the Sparky thread, CherryBlossom!

ROFL! A while back, somebody posted this picture:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...omckay0274.jpg

(or one very similar to it) and made the comment it looked like he was seranading Elizabeth. "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" was one of the suggestions, along with "Macho Man". *shudders*
                  *dies laughing* I don't know what's funnier, the song choices or the idea of John serenading Elizabeth!

And I finally figured out how to use GIMP!!!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ndhersig-1.jpg
                  Huzzah! And great new sig!

Anyhow, getting late, and I need some sleep. See you all tomorrow! Planning on being here for the post-a-thon where Elizabeth pwns the sniveling leader. Love it!
                  Ahhh, it's always so satisfying to see Lizzeh pwn someone who's being an idiot, whether it's sniveling planet leaders or the brass at Stargate Command. Lizzeh = The One True Leader!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  For a Sparky wedding I always saw three options.
                  1.) A small Athosian ceremony in their village.
                  2.) Something on one of the Atlantis piers either at sunset or sunrise.
                  3.) Something in front of the gate again at sunset or sunrise.
                  And for a crack!fic, there's always the options of having some sort of crazy hijinks ensuing. Rodney getting drunk on Ruus wine, unexpected weather events, and the like.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here's an idea to write Sam into Atlantis, have her come to Atlantis to be on the team of scientists. Elizabeth was never left behind on the replicator homeworld, but nearly was. John, almost loosing Elizabeth comes to turn with his feelings for her, and tells her he's inlove with her. Elizabeth doesn't know what to do, so asks Sam for advice, Sam tells her to go for it. Etc.

Now isn't that better than "Let's kill of Elizabeth, put an end to Sparky. Oh and to piss off everyone even more, let's put Sam in say she's better than Elizabeth... Oh let's do the same a series later to Woolsey! And to make it even worse let's kill Elizabeth off all the time, so the veiwes get no closier!"

That's pretty much what they did.*Rolls eyes at the writers*

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
                      Oh wow, I hadn't heard Safe and Sound. I love it! It's so perfect for our Sparky pair and for Katniss and Peeta too!
                      Welcome to the thread! So tell us ('Cause we're stalkers and we're like that) What attracted you to Sparky?

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                        Welcome to the thread! So tell us ('Cause we're stalkers and we're like that) What attracted you to Sparky?
                        Hmm good questiom ShWeir. I think it was the episode The Storm and the Eye. I mean come on killing 50 plus men! I like to think it's because he was so devestated that he had been told Elizabeth was dead. I do think he would have had a more measured reaction to the genii infiltration otherwise.
                        I love the expression 'eye sex'. It's what they do every episode! I also hated how they wrote Elizabeth out of the show. I mean come on as if Sheppard would have left her behind! Completly out of character! He would've died first! That's why I write fics set in season three. I need my sparky eyes (and Carson).
                        My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
                        When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                          The sparkies themselves is what drew me in...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            The sparkies themselves is what drew me in...
                            Well yeah... The sparkies are like one big HUGE massive bonus...

Comment

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good Sunday, I’m looking forward to tonight’s post-a-thon, especially the parts where Elizabeth is showing of why she is so awesome and why she is in fact the boss (and why all the men on Atlantis doesn’t hesitate to follow her lead)
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 25 minutes to Condemned!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good Sunday, I’m looking forward to tonight’s post-a-thon, especially the parts where Elizabeth is showing of why she is so awesome and why she is in fact the boss (and why all the men on Atlantis doesn’t hesitate to follow her lead)
                                I keep saying it: Everyone falls in love with Elizabeth Weir.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X