No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh TPTW, you goofy guys. I'll just come out and say it. Certain PTW liked Rodney because he was the geek. I mean we all have geek in us, I'm still not sure if I was geeky jock or a jocky geek. I recall comments about shipping Keller with Rodney instead of Ronon as shot back in the face of us jock types.

It sounds like JM and JF have some legit heat which I won't comment on because I really don't know much about it, but it seems like one side is coming off as vindictive.

I know y'all gals are thinking what us men folk thought about Lucius. The five us (back in college) came to a consensus: what a !@#$%& bag! (I tried cleaning it up as much as I can with mixed company around) Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool to have Lizzie paw at my collar at make me lunch, but those episodes were pretty rotten.

Edit. Hey I just noticed I'm grandma! I guess that's good...
    Last edited by pkprd869; 16 June 2012, 01:35 PM.
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

JM really said that about JF wow, that’s a horrible thing to say even if it’s been a while since then he should consider himself lucky to have had JF, heck the whole cast actually, on the show and not say something like that even if it’s been a while since the show went off the air *sigh*, no it feels a bit unprofessional if nothing else.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Oh, and Sanctuary as the worst episode of the franchise? It wasn't good, but it can't compete with the likes of Trio or Brainstorm. But of course, those were written by his friend and not an outside writer. *rolleyes*

Edit - and then of course, those were both about Rodney, so of course they're instant classics. /sarcasm
      “Sanctuary” was the worst episode of all of them? What did he do, fall asleep after season 3? Well, I guess if he did it would explain a lot but still, like you said both ‘Trio’ and ‘Brainstorm’ were far worse not to mention how absolutely pointless the episodes really were in the major scheme of things, and now I don’t mind a few stand-alone episodes every once in a while however they should at least have some impact on the plot and/or the characters and no, ‘Brainstorm’ being about “McKeller” isn’t really a character growth since they could have added that into an episode that actually had meant something especially since it was so close to the end of the series. Oh well, it’s over and done with and it’s easy to skip the episodes you don’t feel like watching again it’s just a weird statement.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, something that for me was a bit more fun to do. I made some Sparky icons:
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all! I am a new Weir/Sheppard shipper. Have been a SG-1 fan for a long time but just started watching Atlantis this past week. Super excited about my new obsession and was wondering you all had some fic recs!!
          sigpic
          || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
            Super excited about my new obsession and was wondering you all had some fic recs!!
            I hope you have plenty of spare time... and then some.

You're going to be swamped with fics.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I hope you have plenty of spare time... and then some.

You're going to be swamped with fics.
              That is encouraging fortunately I have plenty of free time right now.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, I'm gone all day on errands and I miss all the fun!

Welcome to ClassicCouples! Pull up a chair, grab a mojito, and enjoy our very special brand of insanity!

Loving those icons, Brie, great job!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                SK I love love love Disney's Atlantis:The Lost Empire! (so do my boys, as a matter of fact)

post-a-thon?
                A:TLE is, in my opinion, one of Disney's best, because of the fact that it's so different from what's typical for them. You and the boys have excellent taste.

Post-a-thon: Yup, we're going through the entire series, one episode each Sunday afternoon at 1:30 pm Pacific Time (4:30 pm on the East Coast). This Sunday, we're doing Season 2's The Intruder.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hear hear. I approve of your perception of perception.

I don't think JM and the other writers get it though. He keeps trying to explain things that shouldn't need an explanation. I know they wrote the scripts intending to show things a certain way, but if the majority of the audience didn't get it, then why bend over backwards to explain to them how wrong they were? Why didn't they just go with the flow? And I'm not just talking about Sparky. It goes from the Mensa thing to how they see Rodney as such a perfect character to some of the differences in opinion of what kind of a leader Elizabeth is.

I always thought one of the good things about this show was that so many diverse people could have so many different views of things, and it has always made me sad that some opinions are not as respected as others. But whatever, the show is over. If JM wants to go back and retcon everything, I guess it's his right.
                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                It won't make him more popular though.
                True, dat. Even some of the fans who gave him the benefit of the doubt back while the show was on the air might not find favor with the recent trends towards revisionist history.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                this right here...i don't know how many times i've started writing something (fanfic or original fic) and it's mutated to become totally different that what i'd intended it to be. and then have it read by someone and they see something COMPLETELY different than what i thought i wrote.
                *waves* Yep, I've been there too. I guess it's just part and parcel of being a writer. *shrugs*

IKR, Mr. SR wandered in here when I was making that post and I told him what was going on. He couldn't believe JM would actually go back and change the meaning of the script to fit his later idea of JS as a dumb pilot. *headshake*

I'm betting that everything he writes for the whole 5 years will be all about Rodney. I said when he started that JF would never be mentioned, and so far aside from saying essentially that they couldn't find anybody else so they hired him, he hasn't written his name. Plenty about Sheppard, but all his idea of Sheppard, not that guy we all knew and loved. I'd say more, but big brother is watching.
                I'm with Anuna; that's what LJ is for.

As for which idea of Sheppard is valid, I will close with a line you're all familiar with: It's on screen, therefore, it's canon.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  True, dat. Even some of the fans who gave him the benefit of the doubt back while the show was on the air might not find favor with the recent trends towards revisionist history.
                  We all know history was written (and rewritten) by men.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  As for which idea of Sheppard is valid, I will close with a line you're all familiar with: It's on screen, therefore, it's canon.

And therefor Kate/Teyla is canon...

...Okay, it's not but the indications are there okay...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*Skips in*

Hi Sparkies! Happy it's 02:00 over here and I'm bored out of my brains!

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      JM really said that about JF wow, that’s a horrible thing to say even if it’s been a while since then he should consider himself lucky to have had JF, heck the whole cast actually, on the show and not say something like that even if it’s been a while since the show went off the air *sigh*, no it feels a bit unprofessional if nothing else.
                      Just to be clear. JM didn't say that they hired JF because they couldn't find anyone else. I said he essentially said that, meaning that he told about wanting Ben Browder but not being able to get him, then went on about other actors that had auditioned and then said they found JF and hired him because he had the right attitude. He just made it sound like he was their last choice.

Hi all! I am a new Weir/Sheppard shipper. Have been a SG-1 fan for a long time but just started watching Atlantis this past week. Super excited about my new obsession and was wondering you all had some fic recs!!
                      Hello and welcome. You'll love it here. And for fics try Command Dynamics. Just start with A and go all the way to Z. You'll find lots of great fics.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello and welcome. You'll love it here. And for fics try Command Dynamics. Just start with A and go all the way to Z. You'll find lots of great fics.
                        Thank you! I will check it out immediately.
                        sigpic

Comment

*limps into thread*

Checking in from my phone before I head off to sleep. Most of our stuff is in new place, and my lair room is full of furniture and books and technology, so I'm a happy camper. *sigh*

I have to travel out of town tomorrow, but the instant I get back I will run to Starbucks and plug in. I don't want to miss my 5th post-a-thon in a row.

Oh, and I may or may not have written some angst for the last part of "WAHM51-936". *whistles*

Night!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            Oh TPTW, you goofy guys. I'll just come out and say it. Certain PTW liked Rodney because he was the geek. I mean we all have geek in us, I'm still not sure if I was geeky jock or a jocky geek. I recall comments about shipping Keller with Rodney instead of Ronon as shot back in the face of us jock types.

It sounds like JM and JF have some legit heat which I won't comment on because I really don't know much about it, but it seems like one side is coming off as vindictive.

I know y'all gals are thinking what us men folk thought about Lucius. The five us (back in college) came to a consensus: what a !@#$%& bag! (I tried cleaning it up as much as I can with mixed company around) Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool to have Lizzie paw at my collar at make me lunch, but those episodes were pretty rotten.

Edit. Hey I just noticed I'm grandma! I guess that's good...
                            To back up pkprd869, I hated both Lucius with the white hot passion of a 1,000 supernovas. When he showed up a second time I kept hoping John would let Ronon slice and dice him.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Welcome to our merry little band, ClassicCouples!!
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Welcome to our merry little band, ClassicCouples!!
                                Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Everyone over on the SG-1 boards just calls me CC. Since I did no googling of this show before starting to watch it (and have watched seasons 2 & 3 within the last two days) there a few things I am wondering. I will get to the other questions eventually, but first....where did "Sparky" come from?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X