Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
    thanks for the warm welcome.

I was able to watch the beginning of Vegas and now I know what you mean. I haven't wached SGA regularly after the beginning of season 4 because Elizabeth was gone. She really was my favourite character and I loved the "relationship" she had with John. You could see how it changed from season 1 to the beginning of season 4 and how close they were in the end. Such a shame that they wrote her out
    Welcome and may I just say that I consider Vegas the best episode in the whole franchise? JF's acting is just the best.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I'm the same way...I watched all the way through Lifeline and then just kinda stopped. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the rest yet (even tho I'm a Sam-fan)
    That might be a good reason not to watch. The way they wrote Sam in SGA was not the same as the Sam we all know and love from SG-1. If Elizabeth had been around, they could have used most of the same lines they wrote for Sam. It was spooky.

it's what i like to call "stupid hot" here...thank goodness i'm babysitting for my sisters today and they have air conditioning. gonna try to start the fic that's been poking me for like a year now....
    When I got in my car after getting my hair done today, the thermometer read 104°. Tomorrow is predicted to be over 100° also. I'm not leaving the house.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Welcome and may I just say that I consider Vegas the best episode in the whole franchise? JF's acting is just the best.

That might be a good reason not to watch. The way they wrote Sam in SGA was not the same as the Sam we all know and love from SG-1. If Elizabeth had been around, they could have used most of the same lines they wrote for Sam. It was spooky.

When I got in my car after getting my hair done today, the thermometer read 104°. Tomorrow is predicted to be over 100° also. I'm not leaving the house.
      I've heard a lot of criticism on how they "ruined" Sam when they moved her to SGA. It makes me more apprehensive to watch. I will eventually watch the whole series someday just to say I did.

It's in the low to mid 90's here but beautifully humid like only Pittsburgh can be. They don't have central air so we're playing in the couple of rooms that have air. I will probably end up hanging out here again tomorrow too (I don't have a/c in my house at all )
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

it's what i like to call "stupid hot" here...thank goodness i'm babysitting for my sisters today and they have air conditioning. gonna try to start the fic that's been poking me for like a year now....
        I really feel stupidified by the heat. I can't help it but write replies and mostly stare at the screen.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

OT - pundpuppy, was that other dude from Saving Hope in Vampire Diaries? he looks familiar.

@drew - Sam was, IMO, written like a fancy placeholder. They had Amanda on screen and didn't bother giving her actual work to do. It just didn't feel like this was that same Sam who was pretty good on SG - 1. I understand why you're apprehensive, I wish I could dissuade you, but I can't.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I really feel stupidified by the heat. I can't help it but write replies and mostly stare at the screen.
              i was like that yesterday. i'm slightly more alive today...

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              OT - pundpuppy, was that other dude from Saving Hope in Vampire Diaries? he looks familiar.

@drew - Sam was, IMO, written like a fancy placeholder. They had Amanda on screen and didn't bother giving her actual work to do. It just didn't feel like this was that same Sam who was pretty good on SG - 1. I understand why you're apprehensive, I wish I could dissuade you, but I can't.
              That's disappointing because I am a big fan of both Amanda and Sam and it frustrates me when characters get used just because of how they look rather than how they can contribute to a story line.
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/DupERealJTMC2.jpg
                OMG, John, is that a snake?
                Trust me, Elizabeth, it's just a stick.
                Where is Ronon and his big gun when you need him?
                sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Finally, GW is working enough that I can actually post! WTF?!?!

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                  thanks for the warm welcome.

I was able to watch the beginning of Vegas and now I know what you mean. I haven't wached SGA regularly after the beginning of season 4 because Elizabeth was gone. She really was my favourite character and I loved the "relationship" she had with John. You could see how it changed from season 1 to the beginning of season 4 and how close they were in the end. Such a shame that they wrote her out
                  Welcome to the club. We were all pretty ticked off at the crappy way Elizabeth was treated in Season 4 and beyond. The really irritating part of it all was that the story they created had some great potential to introduce some very clever and thought-provoking twists to the Gateverse and to Elizabeth's character in particular, but the producers wasted every opportunity they had. It's a real shame.

Spooky is an understatement. And Sam in SGA basically ruined Sam in general for me.

OMG, John, is that a snake?
                  Trust me, Elizabeth, it's just a stick.
                  Where is Ronon and his big gun when you need him?
                  : You wound me, Elizabeth. I thought you liked my big gun just fine.
                  : I wasn't talking about THAT gun, John. And yes, it is very fine indeed.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Welcome to the club. We were all pretty ticked off at the crappy way Elizabeth was treated in Season 4 and beyond. The really irritating part of it all was that the story they created had some great potential to introduce some very clever and thought-provoking twists to the Gateverse and to Elizabeth's character in particular, but the producers wasted every opportunity they had. It's a real shame.

Spooky is an understatement. And Sam in SGA basically ruined Sam in general for me.

: You wound me, Elizabeth. I thought you liked my big gun just fine.
                    : I wasn't talking about THAT gun, John. And yes, it is very fine indeed.
                    *grins*
                    But that big snake it still there. Couldn't you at least step on it?
                    You're the one who heals super fast, you step on it.

This is getting pretty lame. Somebody help.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm the same way...I watched all the way through Lifeline and then just kinda stopped. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the rest yet (even tho I'm a Sam-fan)
                      So, Doppelganger really didn't happen for you... ... I wish I could say the same...

*swimming in the denial river*
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*grins*
                        But that big snake it still there. Couldn't you at least step on it?
                        You're the one who heals super fast, you step on it.

This is getting pretty lame. Somebody help.
                        : I'm dating Indiana Jones. Go figure.
                        : Please, I'm so much better than Indy.
                        : But you're both still scared of snakes. *walks over, picks up snake and throws that thing WAY far away* Happy?
                        : *watches snake fly away in amazement* So not only do you heal super fast, you've got an arm that quarterbacks would kill for. Any other secret superpowers I should know about?
                        : Just you wait, flyboy.

Lame? Help? You're asking the wrong person.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've heard a lot of criticism on how they "ruined" Sam when they moved her to SGA. It makes me more apprehensive to watch. I will eventually watch the whole series someday just to say I did.

It's in the low to mid 90's here but beautifully humid like only Pittsburgh can be. They don't have central air so we're playing in the couple of rooms that have air. I will probably end up hanging out here again tomorrow too (I don't have a/c in my house at all )
                          To me Sam was like Weir light while she was on Atlantis. To me they wasted all of her skills sticking her behind a desk. I have trouble deciding which was worse some days. What they did to Sam or the massively wasted opportunity they had with Asuran/Human hybrid Elizabeth.

Please tell me it is going to cool off in Pittsburgh Saturday. I'm goinng to be in town for the NHL Draft and don't want to melt before I get into there. Are you going by any chance?
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I know what you mean. I got a message about a virus attack being stopped when I tried to get on here. I ran and scan and everything was fine and then I was finally able to get on. Stinking anti-sci-fi gremlins.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

So the forum did go all wonky - I thought it was just something on my end.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Darren and Greg did an upgrade today. That's why the folders are kinda wonky. They'll get it straight in a few days likely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X