Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Eek. Slightly OT. Question: who would look better in nerdy glasses: John or Elizabeth???
    Photoshop it and you'll immediately know....

*looks up*

Looks like I'm not sleeping in the yard tonight. Clouds are gathering overhead and I think there could be rain in the not so distant future. I should start cleaning out my tent before I need to make a run for it. I had hoped to stay out tonight as well... doesn't look like that will happen.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone! 1h and 4 minutes to the post-a-thon.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Hi thread! So, I'm reading up about plotholes and closeness and things that happened behind the scenes, and I seriously can't think of another show where things like these happened. The writing for SGA was always on and off, sometimes extremely good, and sometimes superficial.

I partially watched Sunday few days ago (or should we call it Scumday... I prefer that name for this ep), and started Submersion afterwards and it was like nothing happened! Like there was some sort of switch and everyone had forgotten one of their closest friends has tragically died. And let's not even mention how some things in Sunday were forced *cough* a ship that shall not be named*cough* like someone put up a giant flashing signs with ginormous pointing arrow saying "shipping this way". (It's even worse than TVD's Stefan and Elena).

And, I'm trying to remember post - Sunday fics where Sparky is involved but I can recall only a handful, and damn, I still feel like fixing that episode and I haven't written Sparky in ages, so I might just rewatch that dreadful thing again for the higher purpose of gaining inspiration. Hold my hand!
      I agree with that and about ’Submersion’, and the two episodes are really weird for other reasons like how ‘Sunday’ was really forced in the one shipping direction yet ‘Submersion’ was pretty much all Sparky (though the difference was that it was only talked about in ‘Sunday’ while in ‘Submersion’ it was shown, intentional or not). And it did suck that they seem to have forgotten Carson’s death no matter how much time had passed since then, the only thing that I can think of might have been because of it was that Elizabeth was with them, I don’t really know why but maybe she just that it hadn’t been long since he died yet maybe they had gotten over the initial shock but maybe the pain was still there and Elizabeth being afraid that they would lose someone else so soon decided to go with them, but it could have just been a coincident but it’s a though.
      sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to The Siege, Part 1!

So I got home early, keeping in mind that we had some errands to run before we leave, and my mom is like, "Take our time, we don't have to be the first ones there."

Unfortunately, I can't drag my feet long enough to linger for the post-a-thon. Drats.
        Darn! So close, but so far.

I hated how they tried to force all the ships in "Sunday"! You might as well have had them play spin the bottle, it was just that juvenile ...

I should write a Sparky fix too ... maybe need something to distract me for a while ...
        Spin the bottle probably would've been more fun.

Exactly. Carson had just died, and then in "Submersion" you had the whole bickering scientists and John/Elizabeth riding in the front of the jumper, telling the kids to stop. Where did all that grief and sorrow go?

Probably in that black hole we were talking about earlier.
        Yup.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Firefox blocks the website on the notion it has evil spyware.

Internet Explorer doesn't and everything is all fine for it.

Let's see how Chrome does... LOL!! Even Google's own browser allows access.

So does that mean, I should check my anti-spyware program for failing me?
        Safari won't load it either... except on my iPad. Weird.

Eek. Slightly OT. Question: who would look better in nerdy glasses: John or Elizabeth???
        Photoshop it and you'll immediately know....
        Hmm, I seem to recall seeing a couple of pics of Joe in some really nerdy-looking glasses a while ago. Seriously dorky-looking.

*looks up*

Looks like I'm not sleeping in the yard tonight. Clouds are gathering overhead and I think there could be rain in the not so distant future. I should start cleaning out my tent before I need to make a run for it. I had hoped to stay out tonight as well... doesn't look like that will happen.
        Oh, pooh! But just think of what a great fic research opportunity it would be!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*peeks in*

*tiptoes out*
          sigpic

Comment

Pocus! Nice to see you, how're you doing? *glomps*

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            Yep, that's the one! Totally adorkable!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Firefox blocks the website on the notion it has evil spyware.

Internet Explorer doesn't and everything is all fine for it.

Let's see how Chrome does... LOL!! Even Google's own browser allows access.

So does that mean, I should check my anti-spyware program for failing me?
              As a matter of fact, you should tighten up your spyware, and I would advise everyone to stay away, stay far away until we fix it. Mr. SR found 2000 corrupted files on SGA-R. We don't know if someone deliberately hacked our site or if it's the host site and just bled over to us. It's a bit like Elizabeth's nanites. LOL

On Sunday, it's got silly shipping, a PJ party, guys playing tag and friends being mean to friends. Why would you think it was written by a 12 year old girl?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to The Siege, Part 1!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                As a matter of fact, you should tighten up your spyware, and I would advise everyone to stay away, stay far away until we fix it. Mr. SR found 2000 corrupted files on SGA-R. We don't know if someone deliberately hacked our site or if it's the host site and just bled over to us. It's a bit like Elizabeth's nanites. LOL
                *cracks up*

On Sunday, it's got silly shipping, a PJ party, guys playing tag and friends being mean to friends. Why would you think it was written by a 12 year old girl?
                *dies laughing* Ohhh, that's bad. So bad, it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Pocus! Nice to see you, how're you doing? *glomps*

Yep, that's the one! Totally adorkable!
                  I am OK. Life has been a bit crazy around here this year and I am HOPING that good things will take over the other stuff.

That isn't even the pic I wanted to post. There is one of him in those glasses and he is walking.....looking like a grown up Harry Potter.
                  sigpic

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes to The Siege, Part 1!

I am OK. Life has been a bit crazy around here this year and I am HOPING that good things will take over the other stuff.
                    It'll get better soon, it has to! *hugs you*

That isn't even the pic I wanted to post. There is one of him in those glasses and he is walking.....looking like a grown up Harry Potter.
                    Hoo boy, with that hair, he totally looks like Harry, doesn't he?

Comment

I've seen that pic. There are also some from that super sekrit stash that went around a few years ago that some moronic fangirl posted and the source went away. Idiot. Anyway, he has worn a number of different glasses to cons. I like the yellow ones. LOL

Note to postathoners: we must observe the difference in writing from Gero in Siege 1 and 3 to M&M in Siege 2. Particularly the ship anvils. Gero seems to have had a change of heart. Hmmm. But we know a hug is just a hug.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

I've seen that pic. There are also some from that super sekrit stash that went around a few years ago that some moronic fangirl posted and the source went away. Idiot. Anyway, he has worn a number of different glasses to cons. I like the yellow ones. LOL
                        Hee, the yellow ones are fun!

Note to postathoners: we must observe the difference in writing from Gero in Siege 1 and 3 to M&M in Siege 2. Particularly the ship anvils. Gero seems to have had a change of heart. Hmmm. But we know a hug is just a hug.
                        Good note, that's definitely something to keep in mind.

But "a hug is just a hug," my arse.

Comment

S-minus 3 minutes! Hope you've all got your DVD players ready!

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 1 minute!

Comment

I'm here and I'm ready
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X