• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    A couple of sparky gifs

Thanks for sharing those, I love them.
    sigpic

Comment

*limps in, sits down with a sigh of relief*

I changed my closets over to summer and got together a number of things to donate, including 10 pairs of shoes and 6 purses, thus leaving a huge hole in my wardrobe that needed filling. That led to me spending the morning at the outlet mall with limited success. I only bought one pair of shoes. I know that surprises some of you. If you knew me personally, it would surprise you even more to learn I actually bought a dress. I don't know what came over me, but it fits and looks darn good on me.

So, now I'm back and ready for Sparky fun.

Every time we have this same conversation about why TPTB didn't go with Sparky and were they really teasing us, we seem to reach the same conclusion. I've been around longer than anyone I think and all I can say is they have been very consistent. They all deny it, always have, probably always will. They seemed surprised when we started to ship them way back in S1, but instead of taking another look and reassessing their ship plans, they ignored us. In S2 when we had grown to an amazing number and dominated every ship poll, JM said he didn't care if 10 times more people wanted Sparky, it wasn't going to change their plan. But for some reason, they did change their plan and John ended up alone after showing obvious grief for her for 2 years. Who can explain any of that? Not me, and I daresay not them. So to cover their huge case of misjudgment, they denydenydeny. The actors were just doing what they had been told, so nothing they said matters. Even now, they have no new information to go on so still go by what they were told was the plan. And yeah, all the women wanted to be with John. Duh.

Plus, let's not forget that a sizable number of viewers saw chemistry between John and (insert partner of your choice) and couldn't understand why everyone didn't. I talked to a nice lady in Chicago who was a McShepper. She just thought it was the most obvious thing in the world and that neither of them had any chemistry with any of the women. So, it's all in the perception of the viewer.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR! Only one pair of shoes? You shock me.

As for Sparky and TPTW, I think Brie said it best when she said she was getting whiplash from all the stuff Mallozzi kept saying.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

As for Sparky and TPTW, I think Brie said it best when she said she was getting whiplash from all the stuff Mallozzi kept saying.
          They're red, does that help?

Right on Mallozzi. But we know what we saw, and that's all that matters.
          sigpic

Comment

The question is did they even really have a plan? Like a real serious one? I know Teyla and John were supposedly sort of love interests, but they never seemed especially committed to pursuing the idea with any seriousness even compared to something like Jack and Sam. If they really were determined to, they could have written it that way.
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 May 2012, 11:06 AM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              The question is did they even really have a plan? like a real serious one? I know Teyla and John were supposedly sort of love interest but they never seemed especially committed to pursuing the idea with any seriousness even compared to something like Jack and Sam. If they really were determined to, they could have written it that way.
              Precisely. I've often wondered what stopped them. It was fairly obvious in the pilot and then a few times after in S1, they dropped it in out of the blue, but it never went anywhere. Then LFP came along and it was like they drove a stake through it. Did they honestly think the average person thought those two would end up together? Because literally every person I know who watched the show expressed shock when I told them that Sheyla was the plan. It would be interesting to watch another show they did and see how ship appeared. Though you'd have to pay me to get me to do it. *shudders*

Does anybody watch LA Complex, Gero's new show starring Jewel Staite?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Red? Oh, well that's different.

Ohhh yes, we know what we saw. Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it's canon, baby. *sticks tongue out at the naysayers*

The question is did they even really have a plan? like a real serious one? I know Teyla and John were supposedly sort of love interest but they never seemed especially committed to pursuing the idea with any seriousness even compared to something like Jack and Sam. If they really were determined to, they could have written it that way.
                I wonder about that as well. Considering how much episodes flipflopped on the subject and then they ended up very firmly closing and locking the door, I can't help but think that they came up with that "idea" more as a placeholder in an attempt to head off questions like what came up with Jack and Sam. One of those things that we'll probably never know. *shrugs*

Does anybody watch LA Complex, Gero's new show starring Jewel Staite?
                Nope. Seemed rather uninteresting to me. *shrugs some more*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I changed my closets over to summer and got together a number of things to donate, including 10 pairs of shoes and 6 purses, thus leaving a huge hole in my wardrobe that needed filling. That led to me spending the morning at the outlet mall with limited success. I only bought one pair of shoes. I know that surprises some of you. If you knew me personally, it would surprise you even more to learn I actually bought a dress. I don't know what came over me, but it fits and looks darn good on me.
                  It always feels weird to clean out your closet yet at the same time it feels nice afterwards + the excuse it gives you to be able to go shopping is the best part (well, ok the donating clothes to the people that needs it is the best part but the shopping one is very close second).

Every time we have this same conversation about why TPTB didn't go with Sparky and were they really teasing us, we seem to reach the same conclusion. I've been around longer than anyone I think and all I can say is they have been very consistent. They all deny it, always have, probably always will. They seemed surprised when we started to ship them way back in S1, but instead of taking another look and reassessing their ship plans, they ignored us. In S2 when we had grown to an amazing number and dominated every ship poll, JM said he didn't care if 10 times more people wanted Sparky, it wasn't going to change their plan. But for some reason, they did change their plan and John ended up alone after showing obvious grief for her for 2 years. Who can explain any of that? Not me, and I daresay not them. So to cover their huge case of misjudgment, they denydenydeny. The actors were just doing what they had been told, so nothing they said matters. Even now, they have no new information to go on so still go by what they were told was the plan. And yeah, all the women wanted to be with John. Duh.
                  So true, I mean I’ve only been here a few month and I’ve already been through several of them (actually, I think I’m the one who possibly started most of them for one reason or the other) and we do always seem to come to the same conclusion.

It’s been years since the show got canceled and even longer since we actually saw “the end” of Sparky but the fact that it’s still so strong and that we still feel so passionate about it says a lot about what kind of fans SGA and in this cast the Sparky-fans had and it does suck that it didn’t go in another direction. Now I’m all for the authors/writers right to go where they have planned to go since it’s their story however since they obviously didn’t have a plan why not at least take the time to look at what the fans though and maybe see if there is something there that could have helped them. I’ve always wondered if the ‘Aliens made them do it’ thing in both ‘conversion’ and ‘The Long Goodbye’ were supposed to be for the fans, but while I’ll always love ‘The Long Goodbye’ it just made me want more.

Plus, let's not forget that a sizable number of viewers saw chemistry between John and (insert partner of your choice) and couldn't understand why everyone didn't. I talked to a nice lady in Chicago who was a McShepper. She just thought it was the most obvious thing in the world and that neither of them had any chemistry with any of the women. So, it's all in the perception of the viewer.
                  Exactly, and while I could never see, no matter how much I tried (and I really did try), John with anyone else, and one can ask why A) he was alone in the end and B) why he in season 5 still slept in a small single bed (you see that in ‘The Shrine’), one can’t help but wonder why the supposed ladies man would still choose to do that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    Evenin sparkies. FH *sets down big-ol-honkin-sack-o-sugar for our lemming* Sorry bout your trip.
                    *digs in*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    A couple of sparky gifs
                    Look! Sparky Eye!Sex!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Well that just sucks. Maybe she hates crowds? I can see how that could freak some people out.
                    Maybe who knows... I don't bite though.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Turning into a totally incoherent puddle of goo isn't all bad. It happened to me when I met my favorite hockey at the time a couple of years ago. And I'm back to my sane self. Mostly.
                    I've done it too in front of Jewel Staite.

I believe I saw both her and Torri interviewed in a documentary about sci-fi conventions (they were at one) that apparently came out a few years ago.
                    Really? Mmm... interesting... remember where by any chance?

There's a also a picture of her being a total goofball in the back of one of the Dragon Con jeeps, with Torri in the front.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Interesting sidenote: did you know that Jason Momoa appeared in more eppys than Torri???
                    Yes, I knew that.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    *hugs SR* There is still hope, and potential, and a lot of fans who still support it. This ride ain't over.
                    What she said!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    I haven’t counted but since Jason was in 4 seasons and Torri in three then I think he was in more episodes, I also don’t know if they did the same with him as they did with Rachel.
                    I did... count I mean... words and screentime.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Exactly, and while I could never see, no matter how much I tried (and I really did try), John with anyone else, and one can ask why A) he was alone in the end and B) why he in season 5 still slept in a small single bed (you see that in ‘The Shrine’), one can’t help but wonder why the supposed ladies man would still choose to do that.
                        Guess he wasn't much of a ladies' man, then. More like a one-lady man.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Look! Sparky Eye!Sex!
                        Heehee!

Really? Mmm... interesting... remember where by any chance?

There's a also a picture of her being a total goofball in the back of one of the Dragon Con jeeps, with Torri in the front.
                        That sounds like a funny shot! Do you have a link where I can see it?

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_314_0160.jpg
                        Let's see... Lizzeh's got her poker face on, and John looks like he's stuck with the job of explaining something to Rodney. This could get interesting...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yay, Nolamom, for bringing more smilies! I'm gonna have to go through zuz's thread, one of these days when I have the time, and snurch some more ...

I admit, at the time that S4 was airing, I wondered if the whole thing about getting Elizabeth "killed" by the Replicators and then brought back later might be part of some sort of plan to take her out of being Sheppard's boss so they could get together someday. Of course, at that point I hadn't been in the fandom for very long and didn't know about certain other... things... that had been previously talked about by TPTW. *snorts*

But hey, now that she isn't his boss anymore... Someone really needs to ask Joe and Torri about that in Chicago.
                            Ooh, yes! Must give the weighty responsibility to JT and Irish Eyes next time they're in here.

It's weird, but when Mallozzi says stuff like that with repeated consistency, I can't help but wonder if maybe he did think there was something to our Sparky insanity that would be worth looking into, but when it came to dropping hints to the fans, he was just playing things close to his chest, as it were. Argh.
                            "Keep your friends close, and enemies closer" is the only reply my sanity deprived brain can come up with at the moment.

There was always the problem with her being the boss, and it was a problem for him as well even if it wasn’t 100% the same, but Elizabeth is especially doomed when it comes to having relationships since she can’t have one with anyone under her command and even if she would say meet someone of world the minute he came to Atlantis he would be under her command, it must be a sucky situation, though again, like we’ve mentioned before, if they were so deadest against Sparky being even a slight possibility then why didn’t they just keep her with Simon and they wouldn’t have any more problems with it but instead they keep putting John and Elizabeth in all these situations when they had no one to turn to but each other and then of course it’s all the obvious flirting.
                            I don’t remember if I’ve listened to the commentary for ‘Coup d'Etat’ but now I’m intrigued.
                            That! If they didn't want people to consider John and Elizabeth a potential ship, then find a way to make the long distance relationship work, and don't spork the potential ship between John and Teyla before the end of the first season!

But you're right. That and Joe and Torri's onscreen chemistry destroyed any hopes of them becoming frenemies.

Congratulations.

Amen.

Red is good. Speaking of which, I just realized that I was wearing a red shirt and black sweater today. My unconscious tribute to Elizabeth, I guess.

The question is did they even really have a plan? Like a real serious one? I know Teyla and John were supposedly sort of love interests, but they never seemed especially committed to pursuing the idea with any seriousness even compared to something like Jack and Sam. If they really were determined to, they could have written it that way.
                            Precisely. I've often wondered what stopped them. It was fairly obvious in the pilot and then a few times after in S1, they dropped it in out of the blue, but it never went anywhere. Then LFP came along and it was like they drove a stake through it. Did they honestly think the average person thought those two would end up together? Because literally every person I know who watched the show expressed shock when I told them that Sheyla was the plan. It would be interesting to watch another show they did and see how ship appeared. Though you'd have to pay me to get me to do it. *shudders*
                            I don’t know either. They did try to resurrect it, awkwardly, in S2 with “Conversion,” but again it didn’t go anywhere. And then, 7 episodes later, you have “The Long Goodbye”. I think S2 was informally titled, “Try everything once.” *points at “Duet” for another example*

Ohhh yes, we know what we saw. Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it's canon, baby. *sticks tongue out at the naysayers*
                            Mm-hmm. Watch it and weep. Not literally. Don’t wanna mess up your keyboards.

I wonder about that as well. Considering how much episodes flipflopped on the subject and then they ended up very firmly closing and locking the door, I can't help but think that they came up with that "idea" more as a placeholder in an attempt to head off questions like what came up with Jack and Sam. One of those things that we'll probably never know. *shrugs*
                            At least with Jack and Sam, they had a couple nice moments that maybe weren’t blatant “yes we’re together” but a nice gesture for the fans. The end of “Threads” and “Moebius”. The fishing and the vacation? At least they actually had a moment. There were also many AU “what if” episodes that pretty much confirmed they were together in every universe except for this one … Wouldn’t it have been awesome to have a few more alternate reality episodes to see what other Johns and Elizabeths were up to? The possibilities … *sighs longingly*

It’s been years since the show got canceled and even longer since we actually saw “the end” of Sparky but the fact that it’s still so strong and that we still feel so passionate about it says a lot about what kind of fans SGA and in this cast the Sparky-fans had and it does suck that it didn’t go in another direction. Now I’m all for the authors/writers right to go where they have planned to go since it’s their story however since they obviously didn’t have a plan why not at least take the time to look at what the fans though and maybe see if there is something there that could have helped them. I’ve always wondered if the ‘Aliens made them do it’ thing in both ‘conversion’ and ‘The Long Goodbye’ were supposed to be for the fans, but while I’ll always love ‘The Long Goodbye’ it just made me want more.
                            Like I said. Season 2, the “let’s try everything once” season. And even if TLG was done for the fans, I’m not gonna hold it against them. Think of all the vids that wouldn’t be in existence if TLG had never been … *cackles*

There’s always the line of thought that John was gay. *washes mouth out with soap*

Look! Sparky Eye!Sex!
                            That’s hilarious! I thought the exact same thing! I just forgot to type it …

Ooh, would love to see that!!!

I wonder if I should tell Rodney about the booger hanging out of his nose.

Keep calm, Elizabeth. Don’t laugh. Don’t … do it.

Guess he wasn't much of a ladies' man, then. More like a one-lady man.
                            Mm-hmm!!!

Comment

*nods firmly in agreement*
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Maybe who knows... I don't bite though.
                                You'd just sit on her shoulder and gaze lovingly at her.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X