Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Whew, that was a long sentence, but I agree. I was surprised too that it was Gero but then I remembered it coming out that in S1 he got a lot of help with his writing from Brad Wright and others. It was only later when they turned him loose that things went awry.

They never did get very successful with the two plot line thing IMHO. Take Critical Mass for example. I think the Athosian story line just brought the action to a screeching halt in that one. Trinity was a little bit better because the Ronon/Teyla part was interesting and had a bit of action.
    True, there were a few episodes with different plots that worked well like ‘coup d'etat’ though I think what worked with it was the fact that in the end it was all tied together, maybe they should have done more episodes like that one.
    I agree with you about both ‘Critical Mass’ and ‘Trinity’, in ‘Critical Mass’ it was the same as in ‘The Brotherhood’ when it came to the plot, in ‘CM’ we were supposed the feel really sad one minute and really on edge in the next, and it was just too different and they didn’t have a natural flow which made it a bit too jumpy for my taste.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Heading off later to an appointment with my ophthalmologist for an eye exam. So I probably won't be back on until much later this afternoon or evening after the drops they use to dilate my eyes have worn off.
    Good luck, I always have a hard time when I’m visiting ophthalmologist, because I don’t like anything that has to do with eyes.

It's unfortunate that they never really got the knack of a two plotline episode. They can be tricky, to be true, but effective when done well. It's rather curious that the storyline on Dagan was interesting up until Kolya showed up. Then they took too much time running around trying to figure out the rest of the puzzle with Kolya making threat after threat. It got tedious, and going back to Atlantis to see their sticky situation with the Wraith scout was a relief. That said, leaving Kolya alive was a masterstroke, as it allowed for further development of the rivalry between Sheppard and his greatest arch-nemesis. Though as I said yesterday, it was disappointing that they never revisited the loose ends of the new Brotherhood with Alina and their hidden ZPM. That story just screams to be resolved.
    I always loved the Sheppard-Kolya stuff, it was always well done and Joe and Robert did both do such great jobs, I wish we could have seen even more of Kolya, they could have created a few more interesting plotlines (especially if they had skipped the whole replicators/asurans plot altogether).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Where's a police box or what ever the Doctor flies through time and space in when you need one?
      LOL!!

One of them was holding a miniature one...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      don't know i'll be sure to put an APB on it. and remember it's bigger on the inside.
      It most certainly is.

TARDIS = Time And Relative Dimension In Space

For anyone who should wonder...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Afternoon, everybody!

Didn't sleep well and felt like a zombie at work ... I actually stopped concentrating in one class, and the teacher asked me if I was interpreting today. So grabbed a half priced Mocha Frappuccino after work so I could come home and do some work. Aside from some RL stuff, I'm working on fic and an Elizabeth video. I have this song stuck in my head for her ... so we'll see how that works out.

Be back later!

*lurks*

Comment

Happy Monday Sparkles

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It most certainly is.

TARDIS = Time And Relative Dimension In Space

For anyone who should wonder...
          You would get on so well with my Daughter! She has been Dr Who mad since she was 2 years old. Currently asking every few days when the new season is starting!

New art (More art!! )

sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            You would get on so well with my Daughter! She has been Dr Who mad since she was 2 years old. Currently asking every few days when the new season is starting!

New art (More art!! )

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/.../MRSparky4.jpg
            *squees* Gah! Love the caption! Wish the creative bunnies would wake up and help me make some new art!

I have this RL project that has to be done by Wednesday, and I've known about it for over a month, and I've procrastinated until the last possible second, and now that the deadline is two days away, I'm braindead. *headdesk*

Once I put some time in on that, and hopefully get it done, I'll be back.

Comment

sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Afternoon, everybody!

Didn't sleep well and felt like a zombie at work ... I actually stopped concentrating in one class, and the teacher asked me if I was interpreting today. So grabbed a half priced Mocha Frappuccino after work so I could come home and do some work. Aside from some RL stuff, I'm working on fic and an Elizabeth video. I have this song stuck in my head for her ... so we'll see how that works out.

Be back later!

*lurks*
                Hopefully that song isn't MACHO MACHO MAN! ROTFLMAO!

Happy Monday Sparkles

New art (More art!! )

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/.../MRSparky4.jpg
                So lovely and romantic. Good work.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

i found an old VHS tape (yeah i know sounds so...Ancienty) that had a taping of Progeny of it and when i turned it on it was at the scene was John is telling elizabeth to go through the gate, and it made me think has anyone ever thought to write a fic on that 'reality' (even though it was just a dream.) like what was going through the survivors of the atlantis expedition. (I.E. Ronan, Elizabeth, Teyla, Radek. Etc)?
                  Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 07 May 2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

My eyes have recovered! Huzzah! Anyway, I still don't need glasses. This is a good thing.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_311_0563.jpg
                    Sparky from The Return. Ahhhhh... *melts into a puddle of goo*

OMG, you did not just say that!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm rather happy that I don't know that song. It left me blissfully ignorant during the post-a-thon yesterday.

No, actually, the song is "Extraordinary" by Liz Phair. Just started working on it. RL project is almost done, so I thought I'd reward myself.

Though for some reason, "I'm Sexy and I Know It" just popped in my head.

Off to watch "Castle". We'll see if I return.

Comment

Blasphemer! You must rectify that at once.
                        Any good episodes that you would recommend?
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I'm rather happy that I don't know that song. It left me blissfully ignorant during the post-a-thon yesterday.
                          *snorts*

No, actually, the song is "Extraordinary" by Liz Phair. Just started working on it. RL project is almost done, so I thought I'd reward myself.

Though for some reason, "I'm Sexy and I Know It" just popped in my head.

Off to watch "Castle". We'll see if I return.
                          I dunno, I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm Too Sexy."
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

deliberate repost.

New art (More art!! )

I totally LOVE this one, Madness reigns!
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

My eyes have recovered! Huzzah! Anyway, I still don't need glasses. This is a good thing.

Sparky from The Return. Ahhhhh... *melts into a puddle of goo*

Yay on not needing glasses. That is a very good thing.

Well we can't have that. A Sparky should never be ignorant. Let's take a little trip back to the 70's in honor of the Shep!biceps that inspired the banter on this song during the post-a-thon.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Any good episodes that you would recommend?
                              OMG, I've watched it for most of my life. But I must say "Blink" from S3 of the new series is my favorite. But, I really enjoy Matt Smith's doctor. So if you're a newbie, I'd just start with his first ep and watch them in sequence. Just check his IMDB page. That way you get a feel for the show and can go back and watch the other Doctors for a contrast.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Yay on not needing glasses. That is a very good thing.
                                Very, very good! I don't much relish the idea of having to muck around with glasses or contact lenses.

Well we can't have that. A Sparky should never be ignorant. Let's take a little trip back to the 70's in honor of the Shep!biceps that inspired the banter on this song during the post-a-thon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08
                                Gotta love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X