Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I would agree, except for the parts where John was obviously upset that Elizabeth was mad at him and kept trying to sidle up to her and find out just how mad she was and if she had forgiven him yet.

Oh, and then the part where he's devastated to find out she's injured and we see the first of the best woobie faces.
    Oh definitely! John's moments with/about Elizabeth are pretty much the only thing that's spot on about FS.

And just think, those parts were written by Marty "I'm not a Sparky shipper! Really, I'm not!" Gero. Suuuure, Marty, we believe you. NOT.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Have fun on your trip, Falcon Horus! Hope you find a nice big pot of gold!
        Greetings from Castle Cove, Ireland! I can see the Atlantic Ocean!

Haven't found a pot gold, or a leprechaun for that matter but the sights are awesome!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Haven't found a pot gold, or a leprechaun for that matter but the sights are awesome!!
          Fantastic! Glad to hear the sights are beautiful and you're having fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi everyone! I just got back from Easter dinner with family, crazy but fun times as it usually is and now I’m doing so late night cleaning since we’re having guests tomorrow.

I would agree, except for the parts where John was obviously upset that Elizabeth was mad at him and kept trying to sidle up to her and find out just how mad she was and if she had forgiven him yet.
            Oh definitely! John's moments with/about Elizabeth are pretty much the only thing that's spot on about FS.
            I agree with that, I was a bit tempted to kick his behind a bit after FS but it was only for a short moment.

Oh, and then the part where he's devastated to find out she's injured and we see the first of the best woobie faces.
            - He looked heartbroken.

And just think, those parts were written by Marty "I'm not a Sparky shipper! Really, I'm not!" Gero. Suuuure, Marty, we believe you. NOT.
            Haha, I think he was in denial more than anything else when he saw anything that had to do with Sparky in either the script or once he saw the end result of the complete episode.
            sigpic

Comment

*walks into thread and slowly drops on couch*

So had a really nice day with my mom, but dinner decided to disagree with me. Stomach is killing me. Planning on curling up in bed with my laptop and writing fic.

And possibly watching an eppy of SGA. Just haven't decided which one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

So had a really nice day with my mom, but dinner decided to disagree with me. Stomach is killing me. Planning on curling up in bed with my laptop and writing fic.

Ah, SGA, best medicine in the world, and it get’s even better if you watch an episode with lots of Sparky in it, I would suggest either ‘Echoes’, ‘Submersion’ or ‘Critical Mass’ but that’s just me, I just know that they always makes me feel better, but then, all episodes really does.

I hope that you feel better soon ShipperWriter, it really sucks to not feel well so we hope it won’t be something that lasts.

Now I'm going to head of to bed, I have a lot to do tomorrow and then it's the post-a-thon which I'm intending on missing, goodnight everyone!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Awww... *cuddles* I'm sorry your tummy is misbehaving. That's never fun.

I totally second Brie's suggestions of Echoes, Submersion or Critical Mass to watch. Awesome team episodes with some oh-so-cute Sparky goodness are definitely the cure for what ails you!

And nighty-night to Brie! Pleasant Sparky dreams and have a good day tomorrow!

Comment

That sounds so very Star Wars.

"Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!"
                    That's the idea.

I like the Mandalorian side, myself. They have cooler armor.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Glad to hear you're having fun! Keep looking those leprechauns are sneaky.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        That's the idea.

I like the Mandalorian side, myself. They have cooler armor.
                        LOL! True, dat!

I'm signing off for the night, Sparkies, but just remember... 15 hours until our The Defiant One post-a-thon!

Comment

LOL! True, dat!

I'm signing off for the night, Sparkies, but just remember... 15 hours until our The Defiant One post-a-thon!
                          Pleasant Sparky dreams, SK.

Comment

I always thought they did a pretty good job in S1 of showing that Teyla and Elizabeth respected each other as leaders. The scene in Suspicion when Teyla tells Elizabeth that she would have done the same thing regarding the Athosians kind of sets that scene. They are always very smiley with each other, and I think, being men, the writers just leave it to us to assume that everyone knows they are friends instead of showing us. They really were experts at telling, not showing weren't they? Except when they intended the opposite, like with Sparky. Amazing.
                            Respected each other, sure, but what changed to make them friends? When they arrive back on the Deadalus, Teyla is their new BFF (or at least, that's the way that scene always comes across to me). Teyla was always (understandably) a lot closer to John than to Elizabeth, although The Gift may have changed that.

And I agree on that scene in FS. Elizabeth would never resign from the job that was her life. She was very OOC in that scene.
                            Teyla's reaction of "wuh huh?" was pretty similar to my own The civilian, let alone a woman bit had me scratching my head, given that it hadn't really been an issue. The civilian thing had been a few times, but they'd worked through that years ago.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            I know what you mean, like take 'Echoes' as an example (which is among my favorite episodes btw) it was definatly a Spanky undertone through the whole episodes, I mean like how Ronan was by Teyla's side through the whole episode, it was pretty darn cute (and of course we can't forget the obvious Sparky but that's not the point here), I always wondered what the idea was with that episode though I'm not complaining.
                            All they would have had to do would have been to alter the scene in Lifeline (where they're packing up Elizabeth's things) and had them hug/kiss

Very true! Really, I could totally have bought that Ronon was Torren's father, coming after episodes like Echoes. The only thing I can think is that TPTW just couldn't stomach the plotting headaches that would ensue with having a relationship going on between members of Team Shep, which is why they ended up not going with either John or Ronon for Teyla. A relationship with someone outside the team (or other members of the expedition with each other, like Beckett and Cadman), yes, but not within the team. Chickens.
                            The irony of that is that given how little screentime Kanaan actually got, they'd hardly have had to do much to accomodate Ronon/Teyla, or Teyla/anyone else

And frankly, I'd have to say that all of FS was OOC for practically all of the characters.
                            To a point. There wasn't much John could do in that situation, he was following orders, regardless of whether Elizabeth agreed with them or not. I don't begrudge either of them for disagreeing over the plan, although they did seem to take it incredibly personally. The OOC John scene that stuck out to me was the Fantastic Four reference - he's a grown man, not twelve FCOL!

I always thought the mistake they made there was having Elizabeth only partially disagreeing (the line it's an ineffectual first strike turned out to be particularly accurate) with her wanting to stall the Asurans until the PWARW's were ready. They also flubbed in the Weir/Ellis office scene when she won him over (diplomacy, anyone?), although the "you don't have the authority" bit was a bit hammy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              Respected each other, sure, but what changed to make them friends? When they arrive back on the Deadalus, Teyla is their new BFF (or at least, that's the way that scene always comes across to me). Teyla was always (understandably) a lot closer to John than to Elizabeth, although The Gift may have changed that.
                              The beginning of S2 seemed to make a giant leap forward in a lot of ways. Leaving Teyla in charge? That seemed like a huge step forward to me. But they never did have a clear chain of command on the civilian side, and since we hadn't met Lorne yet, it couldn't be him. But Teyla? So once again they leave out a huge amount of character growth and relationship development.

Teyla's reaction of "wuh huh?" was pretty similar to my own The civilian, let alone a woman bit had me scratching my head, given that it hadn't really been an issue. The civilian thing had been a few times, but they'd worked through that years ago.
                              I hadn't thought about that angle. The idea that Weir was a woman didn't seem to make much difference. Why complain about it now? And that scene also gave the Weir haters more ammunition. It's like they were setting her up for removal. They wouldn't have done that, surely.

All they would have had to do would have been to alter the scene in Lifeline (where they're packing up Elizabeth's things) and had them hug/kiss
                              Since that was one of the few scenes we had with someone actually grieving for Elizabeth, I don't think that would have been appropriate. The canonization of Spanky should have come when they spent the time together in the Return eps when the others were gone. They seemed very much like a couple then.

The irony of that is that given how little screentime Kanaan actually got, they'd hardly have had to do much to accomodate Ronon/Teyla, or Teyla/anyone else.
                              I always thought Teyla/Carson would have made sense. Having him be the father would have solved a lot of problems.

To a point. There wasn't much John could do in that situation, he was following orders, regardless of whether Elizabeth agreed with them or not. I don't begrudge either of them for disagreeing over the plan, although they did seem to take it incredibly personally. The OOC John scene that stuck out to me was the Fantastic Four reference - he's a grown man, not twelve FCOL!
                              Put that scene down as another example of the diminishing of John Sheppard in the last 2 seasons. And he wouldn't have been the invisible man anyway. He was a scientist, wasn't he? John would fit more as the Human Torch. But because Reed was the leader of the group, John thought he would be that character. If Rodney had been there, he would have corrected him.

I always thought the mistake they made there was having Elizabeth only partially disagreeing (the line it's an ineffectual first strike turned out to be particularly accurate) with her wanting to stall the Asurans until the PWARW's were ready. They also flubbed in the Weir/Ellis office scene when she won him over (diplomacy, anyone?), although the "you don't have the authority" bit was a bit hammy.
                              Ellis was a bit hammy throughout. He was an arrogant jerk, and Elizabeth easily handled him. They tried to make this about military vs civilian similar to Trinity. But it failed miserably. However, it does prove that John didn't do everything her way because she had emasculated him and/or he was afraid of her.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Easter!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X