Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    See, that's why I remain so puzzled. And why did they put so much emphasis on what he was trying to say. It was specifically to Elizabeth, not to all of them. He didn't even say any goodbyes to his team who were right there with him. From a writer's standpoint I just don't get it.
    Let's see, and this episode was written by... Brad Wright. Who early on was a champion of Weir's character. (at least, before he let M&M throw her under the bus) Curious, isn't it?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Let's see, and this episode was written by... Brad Wright. Who early on was a champion of Weir's character. (at least, before he let M&M throw her under the bus) Curious, isn't it?
      I'm still bitter with Wright for abandoning Atlantis to go play with his new shiny SGU toy. They've all said he was the champion behind her character. So on the one hand, I thank him for that. But then on the other hand, blaaaa.

Of course he's also said many boneheaded things that just make me shake my head. I've never known of a set of producers who are so hostile with their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I'm still bitter with Wright for abandoning Atlantis to go play with his new shiny SGU toy. They've all said he was the champion behind her character. So on the one hand, I thank him for that. But then on the other hand, blaaaa.

Of course he's also said many boneheaded things that just make me shake my head. I've never known of a set of producers who are so hostile with their fans.
        It's definitely a headscratcher, to be sure. I really think the downturn in quality in S4-5 of SGA might have been largely avoided if Wright had stayed firmly at the helm to maintain his vision for the series from beginning to end. And only when SGA was properly completed (instead of cut off at the knees in mid-stride), turn his attention to SGU. Heck, I think it might have benefitted SGU if they had a year off between SGA and SGU to give them more time to develop the new series while letting the fans have a chance to breathe and digest Atlantis before moving to the next chapter in the Gateverse. Oh well, I guess it's true what they say about hindsight being 20-20.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And John's pants are barely hanging on...
          My contribution to your post-a-thon

and a 38 minutes tag I wrote for a whump thread challenge...

Minutes Pass

Glad you guys are having fun!
          sigpic

Comment

O.o, joe flanigan? Why are you so pretty?!
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/ambition.jpg

Minutes Pass

OMG, now THAT's what I call a motivational poster!

Your fic is the perfect cap to the episode; the two women now closest to John, joined in the same moment of worry and hope for a man they've come to care for as friend and co-leader. Wonderful stuff!

And you're totally welcome to join us for the thons, we'd love to have more people share in the fun!

Comment

I wish I could, but most of the time I am busy during your thons. I catch up afterwards.
                sigpic

Comment

500 pages later ...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/ambition.jpg

Minutes Pass

Love the pic so much, and reading fic after I'm done writing this.

EDIT: Just read it, and I agree with the comments. Great job!

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  LadyMore!!! Nice to see you!

I was wandering around commanddynamics and found our very own SR's "The Fine Art of Jumper Repair". Now I know it's not Tuesday yet, but we're always in teh gutter. Warning: contains Sparky smut, so read at your own discretion. Possibly with a cold shower nearby.
                  Last edited by ShipperWriter; 12 February 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Minutes Pass

I think we need another look at that one. And the fic was definitely worth a second reading.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    He doesn't know either, but we be grateful.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    500 pages later ...

Love the pic so much, and reading fic after I'm done writing this.

EDIT: Just read it, and I agree with the comments. Great job!

LadyMore!!! Nice to see you!

I was wandering around commanddynamics and found our very own SR's "The Fine Art of Jumper Repair". Now I know it's not Tuesday yet, but we're always in teh gutter. Warning: contains Sparky smut, so read at your own discretion. Possibly with a cold shower nearby.
                    *blushes* I usually don't write smut, but that one just fell out of my brain.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I think we need another look at that one. And the fic was definitely worth a second reading.

He doesn't know either, but we be grateful.

And for that, we are eternally grateful.

I'm almost done with my story. Not really smut, but involves nekkid Sparky. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Wow totally love the heroes welcome SW

I love writing smut, it's a fun challenge.....it's also challenging to write things without smut at some points.
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh my SR. That has warmed me up from my 27F evening!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh my SR. That has warmed me up from my 27F evening!!!
                            Thanks. We had a windchill of 18°F here today. Brrrr.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It was windy outside today....I almost thought the Hovercraft from the Hunger Games was out my window
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

I refused to even find out our windchill here. Hubby almost froze while putting gas in the car.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X